Recent content by FanOfAniManga

  1. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I'd say the best of manga can make you think and still have action. AC for example has plenty of action, but there's quite some emphasis on the technical aspects behind the special moments. I've barely read OP and MHA, but I'm sure they had to have both action and either technical, emotional, or...
  2. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Kikai Banashi Hanasaka Ikkyu. Its oneshot won the five chapter Golden Future Cup after Metallica Mallurca, Beelzebub and Nurarihyon no Mago (I think that was 2009?). Then the duo behind it made another series without any preceding one shot. It was called Smoky B.B. That bombed as well. I can't...
  3. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    It definitely resembles Enigma, not just in the way the characters are drawn and their personalities, but even the story structure is pretty much an exact replica of Enigma and Classroom of Truth from Bakuman. Again, you have some powerful entity trapping and endangering the lives of random...
  4. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 8

    Release dates and titles of the three new series coming to Jump+: February 15 Hana nochi hare ~Hanao Next Season~ (Yoko Kamio) February 16 Onsengai no Medusa (Taira Wadachi) February 25 Love Dester [sic] (Kenji Sakaki)
  5. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 8

    To be fair, at least the story doesn't seem to be based on any recurring fad doomed to fail. *cough*Tokyo Wonder Boys*cough*
  6. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 8

    Well, just as I thought. Things really have changed. An environment virtually free of the chopping block? That's pretty awesome in itself already.
  7. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 8

    I felt the exact same thing with Sakaki when I first saw the announcement. But of course, it's a hierarchy that's out of our control, so there's not much reason to worry about it at this point. Not everyone can be OP, MHA, AC or SnS. Having said that, I've been away from manga for several...
  8. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 8

    I barely read manga nowadays, but I'd love to come back one last time just for her. I feel it's a civic duty to make this screenshot my new signature... at least while I'm still around.
  9. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    Intentional fodder is absolutely right. This is exactly the problem WSJ's been having lately. At this point, the editors are so desperate in maintaining WSJ's turnover rate of series getting cancelled and starting every 10 or so weeks, they don't even care about the fact that, apart from the...
  10. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    That list looks like the kind of thing I'd make for fun, but wouldn't bother specifically because it'd lead to the inevitable debates as to how popular each series is. For example, even though I'm rooting for World Trigger, I'd rather not pick a side as to whether it's a "quasi" or "big" success...
  11. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 6

    I can't even read the manga and already I'm hating it if that's how it really is. Is this really what Jump is going for these days? At this point, I don't think I need to repeat myself again as to why I'm extremely disappointed a series like this would get chosen.
  12. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 6

    Wow. He really did pull through after all. Congrats to Horikoshi. If only that got serialized in English instead of his previous work. Just like Ashihara with World Trigger, a lot of time to plan from the oneshot release can definitely go a long way. Now let's see if any of my favourite...
  13. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 6

    I thought they'd at least show some sign of returning. I mean, apart from being away for so long, maybe to hone their skills, they've also each written their own oneshots after their last series have finished, so you'd think at least one of them would serialize by now.
  14. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 6

    It's been several years now and I'm still waiting for Kenji Sakaki or Sho Aimoto to return. By the looks of it, it doesn't seem like Iwashiro, Iwamoto, Amano, Ohba, or Obata are showing any signs of returning to Jump either, and yet you see so many authors of more recent series given second...
  15. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 6

    I like how they filtered out their respective partners: the writers, both of whom were terrible. The writer of the former didn't learn from the big blunder of his first series, while the latter flat out plagiarized Uchu Kyodai.
Top