Recent content by haet

  1. haet

    Seinen I Am a Hero by HANAZAWA Kengo

    I haven't read this manga since volume 4, but this is the slightly exaggerated version of my opinion too I mean, I appreciate that the guy is trying to do something different rather than just keep working the same material ad nauseam, but this manga just wasn't working for me. I'll no doubt...
  2. haet

    Hangout MH Seinen Hangout

    Did a bit of googling; apparently she hasn't worked as Mori's assistant, but for what it's worth, she has apparently said that she's a fan of Mori's work The art in Fellows! in general reminds me of Mori, really -- if they have a house style, I think Kaoru Mori would basically personify it --...
  3. haet

    Seinen All Nude by SUGIMURA Shinichi

    Just wanted to pop in to say that I read this one a week ago or so, and it really was terrific. I'm sort of new to Sugimura -- I've only read Hotel Calforinia -- but after reading this collection he is officially two for two in my book, which means it's time to start reading the rest of his...
  4. haet

    Seinen Discommunication by Ueshiba Riichi

    I read most of the original Discommunication series a few months back, and my sentiment was basically that Ueshiba needs to go back to drawing cluttered, busy backgrounds with doing trippy weird mystical stories. Those were the two things he was best at, but he seems to have distanced himself...
  5. haet

    Seinen Blade of the Immortal by Samura Hiroaki

    So just to be clear, the manga has been in its "final arc" for, like, a few years now, and all the website says about this month's chapter is "The final arc heats up even more!" It's working its way toward an ending, but there's no reason to expect it to be rushed. That's not a problem this...
Top