Seinen All Nude by SUGIMURA Shinichi

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Feel free to add info to this topic, I just wanted to give a shout-out to this guy's works.
Kotonoha recently released "Snow Blind," and I translated a tiny chapter of it today. Both are part of the one-shot collection "All Nude."
Really fun stuff, reminds me a lot of Naoki Yamamoto's works.

Mangina Flower
Kotonoha
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Snow Blind caught my eye but I have not had a chance to read yet. Both stories look good, I'll give them a try over weekend.
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
The one I did is really short, and almost more like a gag.
I'm currently working on another of its short stories, about 25-30 pages. Fun- and funny. The translation is basically done, I just need to polish it up while I'm lettering.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

All right, the "Kobayashi-kun" one-shot is ready for download at my tumblr!
 
Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Will you make a new thread for that series or are they basically from a same collection or something?

Also this series is a real teaser. :XD
But I never got for fan-service just for the sake of it, it really is worth looking into for comedy and art though. :)
 
Last edited:

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Yeah it's just a bunch of neat ideas, perfect for fiddling with in a one-shot collection. That and I really dig his artwork.

And they're basically all from the same collection, called "All Nude."
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Awesome, I love it when mangaka do short stories and such and a one shot is perfect for such a thing. Any kind of specific genre or story he does or is it just random ideas with mixed story types?
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Yeah it's a pretty mixed bag, but they're (almost) all fairly lighthearted. Some a bit more "normal" than others.
The volume goes like this: Short one-shot of 5-ish pages (the one I did about the guy in the airplane), longer one-shot of 30-ish pages (Kobayashi-kun, and Snow Blind for example), short one again, longer one, etc.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Woah did not notice that was all from that short story, a bit surreal since there is not logical explanation as to how that girl got on the wing. Interesting, I found other such really short story manga before with around 5-10 pages but this is really gold as the art and comedy as I said are really enjoyable. I shall read the other now, keep up the good work and scan some short ones as well if you can. ;)
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I think he's just hallucinating because he's so hot & bothered + dead tired.
The ending to that one was literally hilarious.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think he's just hallucinating because he's so hot & bothered + dead tired.
The ending to that one was literally hilarious.
Haha, indeed it was a totally hilarious ending which I did not notice until re-reading it. The other thing is that the manga does not censor these these right? This manga I mean or does the scan require a censor?
 

haet

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Just wanted to pop in to say that I read this one a week ago or so, and it really was terrific. I'm sort of new to Sugimura -- I've only read Hotel Calforinia -- but after reading this collection he is officially two for two in my book, which means it's time to start reading the rest of his rather large body of work

This collection was pretty much awesome all the way through, but I suppose what left the biggest impressions on me were the story about the little girl with the camera and the Aesop fable parody where the river god offers the guy a couple of sexy gaijin womenz instead of the whole golden ax and silver ax thing ("C'mon now, son -- I'm offering you a very fine couple of specimens here!")
 
Top