Recent content by Harun

  1. Harun

    Discussion Accessible Manga for the blind. Good idea?

    I've started a project to help collect translation and transcriptions for Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and American comics. http://groups.google.com/group/blind-comics-project It might be abit easier to type out descriptions than reading. Cheers,
  2. Harun

    Done Q about transcriptions

    Transcripts are very helpful, especially if you're using a CAT tool. You can get rough estimates of how much material has been translated in your TMs and TDBs. It really speeds turnaround up. Cheers,
  3. Harun

    Discussion Preferred TL formats?

    Re: Poll - Preferred TL formats? Yeah, I have had change my format a few times. I used to use a slash (/) as an OR, but the TS mistook it for new text in the next bubble. So, I switched to a pipe (|). Cheers,
  4. Harun

    Discussion Accessible Manga for the blind. Good idea?

    Thanks for the feedback. I'd suggest checking out the Tutorials post to see how we record the episodes. === @Harun: i listened to One Outs 01 a bit (since its the only series on the blog that i actually care about :P). And what i've heard so far ... well i was thinking it may be better to...
  5. Harun

    Discussion Accessible Manga for the blind. Good idea?

    Illusionary: I've taken your suggestion and started a blog for Accessible Dramas and Anime. Currently recorded 19 eps of "One Outs". http://ttssubtitles.blogspot.com/ Cheers,
  6. Harun

    Scanning Mini Tutorial - Scanning

    I assume I'm posting in the correct place. === Mini-Tutorial - Scanning This is a mini-tutorial for the solo Manga Editor: one who either hasn't (or dosen't want to) joined with a group, but wants to share what they've found with others. These are based on my personal experiences, so there...
  7. Harun

    Miscellaneous Tutorial - Dual Monitors

    Mini-Tutorial: Using Dual Monitors This is a small tutorial on setting up a system for two monitors. With two monitors, you will be able to translate/transcribe faster and more efficiently. Sorry about the terrible quality of my camera. :) Requirements: -Two monitors. -A system with two...
  8. Harun

    Help Request a Full Translation Check

    Iryu - Team Medical Dragon, ch160 Good day. I would like to ask for some assistance or comments, regarding the translation of a medical title. Raw found here NOTES: MICS (minimally invasive cardiac surgery) ITA = Internal Thoratic Artery -Legend Brackets: [Text I'm unsure about.] Pipes: Not...
  9. Harun

    Seinen Hotel by Ishinomori Shotaro

    Ahoy. I was curious to know if anyone has heard of this series. I started it last night. Has anyone else read chapters? === 名前: HOTEL Title: HOTEL 漫画家:、石ノ森章太郎 Author: Ishinomori Shotaro 巻数:全25巻 Volumes: 25 話数:全331話 Chapters: 331 === RAWs here From Chapter 1: From Mangajin: Cheers,
  10. Harun

    Seinen Gin to Kin by Fukumoto Nobuyuki

    Ahoy folks. Here's an update on "Gin to Kin". -Series summary link added to main post. -GtK Audio from the Manga Outloud project Silver and Gold, Chapter 1 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/1krmz1 Silver and Gold, Chapter 2 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/bbn8mc Silver and Gold, Chapter 3 -...
  11. Harun

    Discussion Accessible Manga for the blind. Good idea?

    It's 30USD. It'd be nice to find a program that could pre-load sounds / music clips, and them play them while you're recording by clicking. :) -That'd help this whole 'atmosphere' thing.
  12. Harun

    Discussion Accessible Manga for the blind. Good idea?

    Oops. I meant cool record edit. It works just as well.
  13. Harun

    Discussion Accessible Manga for the blind. Good idea?

    I usually use cool edit. The amount of 'um' and 'ah' makes it crucial for me! Try Audacity . Also, THIS SITE is swimming in transcripted manga. :) Other sites such as OneManga allow you to read (and thus have a basis for recording) TONs of manga. Cheers, UPDATE: -Planning out Chapters 4 and...
  14. Harun

    Discussion Accessible Manga for the blind. Good idea?

    Thanks so much for your support! People can help by directly Reading and describing manga themselves, or writing Scripts, for other Readers. I. Reader 1. Find a manga that you like to read. 2. Get a microphone 3. Read the manga outloud. Include character names, and visual descriptions. 4...
  15. Harun

    Discussion Accessible Manga for the blind. Good idea?

    -Here you are. :) Silver and Gold, Chapter 1 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/1krmz1 Silver and Gold, Chapter 2 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/bbn8mc Silver and Gold, Chapter 3 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/bu734y -Well, this started as a small project for a few Nobuyuki manga my friends in...
Top