- Joined
- Dec 6, 2007
- Messages
- 39
- Reaction score
- 14
- Age
- 41
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Good day.
I've had an idea brewing for some time, and would like to hear an opinion on it. Just as some people read books into audio for those who might not be able to access them, I thought the same idea with manga.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/n2pt2c
I recorded the first chapter of "Gin to Kin" and sent it to a forum for BVI (blind and visually impaired) folks. It got some good feedback. It got me wanting to try and get manga accessible to other folks.
The idea is simple:
Choose a chapter of a series, and read it outloud to a soundfile. Read dialogues and describe the visuals.
Writers could write 'scripts' of the dialog and visual descriptions for the Readers to use. Readers could read and describe (either directly from the manga, or from a 'script' that someone else has written) into audio.
[ As you can clearly hear from my horrible presentation, it dosen't have to sound 'professional'.
]
As an alternative, screen readers could also be used to read these 'scripts' if spoken audio isn't available.
Interesting Idea?
Cheers,
I've had an idea brewing for some time, and would like to hear an opinion on it. Just as some people read books into audio for those who might not be able to access them, I thought the same idea with manga.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/n2pt2c
I recorded the first chapter of "Gin to Kin" and sent it to a forum for BVI (blind and visually impaired) folks. It got some good feedback. It got me wanting to try and get manga accessible to other folks.
The idea is simple:
Choose a chapter of a series, and read it outloud to a soundfile. Read dialogues and describe the visuals.
Writers could write 'scripts' of the dialog and visual descriptions for the Readers to use. Readers could read and describe (either directly from the manga, or from a 'script' that someone else has written) into audio.
[ As you can clearly hear from my horrible presentation, it dosen't have to sound 'professional'.
] As an alternative, screen readers could also be used to read these 'scripts' if spoken audio isn't available.
Interesting Idea?
Cheers,


