Recent content by Kaibutsu

  1. Kaibutsu

    Done [JP] Help with what might possibly be a Japanese proverb?

    Sorry for the last-minute addition, but I've got a question about どんな人間だって、あんなに否定されたらそうな。 I think you both described it as a friend who's comforting another person, but in this context it's the other way round? It's the person who's being negative (and sad) that's saying this. I'll post the two...
  2. Kaibutsu

    Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.) Thanks guys - although I'm sorry but I think it's too advanced for me OTL I could only manage to roughly translate the first twos sentences of the main text...the third sentence...
  3. Kaibutsu

    Done Need help with sentences below

    > 自転車を走らせながら団地を発見・観賞・萌える・のが最近の楽しみです。 I think you first one is right, but it's a bit oddly-phrased. "The discovery and admiration of sprouting housing complexes while I ride my bike is my latest pleasure." I personally am not too sure about this myself ^^" Kinda dumb of me to offer help when I'm...
  4. Kaibutsu

    Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.) Do you have a bigger image of that? Because it's too small and blurry to identify some of the kanji.
  5. Kaibutsu

    Done I need help with an English sentence

    Oh, funnily enough I was translating something similar to this from Japanese to English the other day. It's a joke in Japan where guys who are still virgins past their 30th birthday are wizards/fairies. Here's an example of another similar use of the joke:
  6. Kaibutsu

    Done [JP] Help with what might possibly be a Japanese proverb?

    Thanks! Just checking though - sentences cutting off simply indicate a reference to the context, right?
  7. Kaibutsu

    Done [JP] Help with what might possibly be a Japanese proverb?

    私服もアリのゆる~い学校は好きだけど、うるさくってアホな男子・成沢真だけは苦手…… What I could make out: "____ likes school, however, ____ stupid guy. Narusawa Shin really is detestable." Sorry if I seem daft, but I can't seem to make any sense from this sentence. No results from the dictionary for the bolded words... It's taken...
  8. Kaibutsu

    Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.) どんな人間だってあんなに否定されたらそうな。 My translation: What kind of person is denied ...... like that. What is されたら? I honestly can't find it the dictionary at all. Context: Second bubble, first...
  9. Kaibutsu

    Discussion How long did it take you to learn Japanese and start reading RAW manga?

    I'm also a beginner at Japanese and as the others mentioned earlier, I'm one of those people who can't go through a raw manga without a dictionary in my hand. Memorising kana and kanji is actually very easy for me, since I managed to memorise all the kana in 2 weeks and 200 kanji in a month, but...
  10. Kaibutsu

    Done Blurb translation help? [JP]

    Hi, I'm a new translator and JLPT 5 certified. I'm not that experienced with translating so I'll be around in this forum often. I just want to check if my translations for the following blurb is right, since I got a bit muddled up in a couple of the sentences. The last quotation seems a bit...
  11. Kaibutsu

    Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.) I'm a new translator and I often get caught out with the slang I find in shoujo manga. いーじゃないさわるくらい Can someone please help me with this sentence? And tell me what the い at the...
Top