Recent content by kalmier

  1. kalmier

    One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

    Now that's what I call plot armor. Birdcage for Pirate King <3
  2. kalmier

    One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

    ^ Yes indeed, both BB and Akainu are quite good antagonists for a final villain. I'm guessing Luffy will defeat Akainu to avenge Ace and his next big opponent will be BB for the Pirate King throne. I hope there will be some twists a la Oda to all this Luffy is the biggest 'abuser' of plot armor...
  3. kalmier

    One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

    Definitely Luffy is the biggest winner when it comes to plot armor, nothing surprising there as he's the main protagonist. As I mentioned first Crocodile, then Lucci, there was Enel before as well (having the exact DF counter), now Katakuri too, when I read their battle in the manga yeah, Oda...
  4. kalmier

    One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

    @nik87, 'plot armor' is not a valid argument because it can be used anywhere and for anything, because every action / movement / decision of a character in some series is decided by the plot, the direction of the story which the creators have decided to follow. It is an extremely malleable and...
  5. kalmier

    One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

    Dude seriously, I'm quite open-minded and considering we haven't seen that much from the great powers of the OP world I can be fairly easily convinced that character A is as strong or a bit stronget than character B, but the 'plot armor' argument simply I'm not buying it. It is not a valid...
  6. kalmier

    One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

    ^ You mean making him the final villain? The end boss Luffy is going to face?
  7. kalmier

    One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

    I've seen this argument elsewhere too, and frankly it's quite cheap. Plot armor is everywhere if we're gonna go about it. Luffy had to lose vs Lucci but plot armor was there, he had to lose vs Crocodile as well. The plot wants Luffy to be the PK and there are no two ways about it. WB should've...
  8. kalmier

    One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

    "that's how difficult it was for akainu to win", yeah seeing it from that prespective one can assume Aokiji should be higher on my list. Do you think Akainu is the strongest of the admirals or they are more or less on par? "Definitely weaker" might seem far-fetched, let's say 'a bit weaker'
  9. kalmier

    One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

    You know what, you put that extremely well. A Yonkou with no territory but the respect of one, because it seems he's not at all interesed in having subordinates of some kind, it's not his style. When you think about it an Emperor is called an Emperor because he has an 'empire' beneath him to...
  10. kalmier

    One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

    Oh yeah, I guess you're right about Kuma. So, Mihawk's kind of like a fifth Emperor? I didn't know he's that strong, but I'm not surprised. So in your opinion Teach and Akainu are weaker than Mihawk? Where's BB? I mean, are people putting Mihawk at Emperor level cause he was dueling with...
  11. kalmier

    One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

    I was thinking that considering from what we saw from Akainu during Marineford, that is to say taking a full-fledged blow to the back of the head from WB, being able to counter-attack immediately after, and being still conscious after a 2nd immensely powerful blow to the body... if he hadn't...
  12. kalmier

    One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

    Hey guys what do you think about my power ranking list? Where do you think I have it slightly off and where am I way off in your opinion? I just read year and a half worth of One Piece chapters and I caught up to the current events. I'm kind of hyped up and just want to discuss with someone. So...
Top