Recent content by Kobī-Stan

  1. Kobī-Stan

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion!

    This day, I've waited almost 20 years...:hip I mostly agree with Reborn as someone who is an American born in the 90's, growing up directly through the "Big 3" era as a manga reader/anime watcher since the 1st grade. From the days of my early childhood friends of mine who read Naruto and...
  2. Kobī-Stan

    Seinen Kaijuu #8 by Naoya Matsumoto

    Heat! Loved this chapter.
  3. Kobī-Stan

    Seinen Kaijuu #8 by Naoya Matsumoto

    The special illustration says "I've run out of pre-written stuff", I couldn't help but laugh.
  4. Kobī-Stan

    Seinen Kaijuu #8 by Naoya Matsumoto

    Loved chapter 1 & 2, then it fluctuates for me, but only between good and great. I agree with James on how multiple "Ordinary" series can capture different levels of intrigue. Even in a new world, the ordinariness gives me a sense of warm comfort I like in my more lighthearted shounen, so it...
  5. Kobī-Stan

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    I'm a big Hisagi fan so I hope they animate the Bleach novels.
  6. Kobī-Stan

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Which is why I said "Would" instead of "Should/Should now", past tense. Had the thought when the series was fairly new, so there wasn't much to feel where the author wanted to take it. "Would" instead of should because like you, I think the sudden change now would just be a hail mary. Do I...
  7. Kobī-Stan

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Still think going Hitman Reborn on us would have been great. Comedy to get us acquainted with the family and then boom, Taiyo has his own Vongola Family ready for his Kokuyo/Vongola Arc.
  8. Kobī-Stan

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Outside of the victim of course, this is very saddening and unfortunate for Usazaki.
  9. Kobī-Stan

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    D.Gray-Man still doing numbers?!
  10. Kobī-Stan

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    This was for sure a good issue of Jump. Rankings will be tough :crying
  11. Kobī-Stan

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    MHA, One Piece, and JJK were so hype this week. Moriking was surprisingly touching as well.
  12. Kobī-Stan

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Favorite tropes are the Post Spectacle Brawl- where after all the crazy stuff the characters have to use from power escalation, we end with just a fatigued slugfest. Naruto vs Sasuke the first Jump example, but my favorite is Kazuma vs Ryuhou from s-CRY-ed Another is the named...
  13. Kobī-Stan

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    My most hated was the Protagonist win via "Losing control to inner demon" or just the "Inner Demon Install" overall, but that's maybe because I grew up with the Big 3. Second place was the protagonist just gaining what the main antagonist has in order to win or finding out he is the same (even...
  14. Kobī-Stan

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Prince of Tennis -> Eyeshield 21 -> Kuroko no Basket -> Haikyuu is one hell of a run though!
Top