Recent content by lobito180

  1. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    MangaPLUS app now lists chapters as "free" (I think this is a new feature). Do you think this means they will finally offer a way to read backlog chapters? A few days ago Crunchyroll's brazilian Instagram account had a news story about them starting to offer backlog chapters, but they took the...
  2. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    This was the series' page, circa 5 minutes ago: Now it just lists chapter 71-73. EDIT: Yeah, it now says they won't publish chapter 75. I guess whoever reads AyaTri will have to go to the high seas in order to keep it up.
  3. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    No AyaTri on M+. I guess we all know what that means...
  4. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    I guess people just know more Jump titles because they are more likely to get scanlated or an official release. I don't read Edited Mangas anymore so I'm not very aware of what other magazines are offering. I could say I want more series like Don't Blush, Sekime-san!, from J+, and I bet there are...
  5. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    They don't need to create a new magazine for that. Series that sell decently but rank badly could just be moved to Jump+.
  6. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Japanese tankobon back covers don't have a synopsis on them, at least the ones from Jump.
  7. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    That's not totally true. I was in Japan last year and most magazines (including manga magazines) had a plastic band around them, so you don't read them without paying. I saw this on most conbini. Also the old "pick a random magazine on the train and read it" thing doesn't seem to happen, at...
  8. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Regarding World's End Harem - Britannia Lumiére on M+, it seems an odd choice, to release a spin-off when you don't have the main series (I'm sure it's because it is licensed by Seven Seas). Yet, there are new series in spanish that I wanted to check out, like Kill Me and Suito-to...
  9. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Roboco had a chapter that included Act-Age references. Do you guys think it will be altered in the tankobon release?
  10. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Act-Age was removed from Manga Plus. I assume Viz will be next. EDIT: Volume 1 isn't available anymore as well.
  11. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    What do you guys think about this? It would be awesome if Manga Plus finally released a subcription service and added new series to it, other than backlog series.
  12. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    The first part of Guardian of the Witch felt kind like a rip-off of Attack on Titan, but I liked it overall. The art is really nice. So far, I rank the new series like this Mashle>Undead>Guardian.
  13. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    It's awesome that Manga Plus is growing, I just wish that they would let us subscribe and get access to the whole catalogue, like Viz does with their SJ Vault. I used a VPN to install their app and I've subscribed, but there are series that are site exclusive, like Platinum End, and that sucks.
  14. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    I believe whatever this new work is, Kubo will still be in charge of the artwork. He may team up with a writer to have less work, but his art is too cool to go to waste.
  15. lobito180

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    I just hope that whatever Kubo makes doesn't flop hard like Samurai 8. I still think that the biggest problem with S8 was the overhype that Jump created... As a big Naruto fan I couldn't read it past chapter 10.
Top