Recent content by Luca11

  1. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    I would take that Reddit post with 0 grain of sand. Edit: I meant salt not sand....
  2. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I think it’s the orange panels on the sides of the uniform
  3. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    1. Shouldn’t a volleyball manga be all about volleyball? 2. The past few chapters are about characters suffering self-doubt and how changes in thinking help them break negative mindset, featuring a 300+ chapter character development.
  4. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Resurrected my old account just to add Hikaru no Go to this list.
  5. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Anyone knows which manga gets the cover next issue? Is it one of the two new ones?
  6. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Isn’t Momiji no Kisetsu a Jump Giga manga?
  7. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Just read through the sports manga debate, great stuff guys. Although I still think that it all boils down to matter of taste and nostalgia no? I know lots of people see SD as the peak of all sports manga because it’s the first excellent sports manga they read. Personally it’s not my cup of...
  8. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Is that the first series or the second series? I remember binging the 220+ episodes of the second series during the summer right before high school. The soundtrack was so dope.
  9. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I think Posuka and Harudate are way better at odd angles and perspective. Having said that I love this cover, especially the colours. Rumour has it that he went traditional again, not digital.
  10. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    But Tsubasa is the one chosen along with Doraemon and Hello Kitty to feature in the Tokyo Olympics 2020 teaser.
  11. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    If you count Prince of Tennis and Rookies, then I'd say Hikaru no Go is no less important. It has sold on par with Kuroko and maybe even PoT, and won one of the Tezuka Osamu Prize. It also did to Go what Slam Dunk did to basketball in Japan.
  12. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I love Haikyu!! but that's a lot of cover and colour pages it has received lately. Why just these 4? Prince of Tennis has length and sales going for it, Kuroko paves the way for Haikyu and I have no clue what Eyeshileld 21 is about.
  13. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I agree with you about the inconsistency, but the Haikyu!! anime lacks Furudate’s dynamism. The fluid movements from the anime comes from the (incredible) animation, and not the art itself. The earlier anime seasons fail to capture his art in many occasions (season 3 came real close though)...
  14. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Furudate’s art might be different from the anime art (the latter of which many people here prefer) but his art has grown to be one of the most dynamic manga art I have seen, due to the very frequent use of uncommon and more extreme angles (about 60%-70% of his panels are from more extreme...
Top