Recent content by Riiko

  1. Riiko

    Discussion How long did it take you to learn Japanese and start reading RAW manga?

    Re: Question: How long did it take you to learn Japanese and start reading RAW manga? This is totally true. I've just begun my translating journey and have realized that it is a lot more difficult than it seems. I would say I'm proficient in Japanese after 5 years, but translating is a whole...
  2. Riiko

    Discussion Health or Taste?

    I feel like such a dork, but I have to say I prefer health. If we're strictly speaking about cooking, it is so much easier to modify the taste of something over the health of it. For instance, I was stir-frying some peppers, broccoli, and tofu last night and tried using grapeseed oil. I...
  3. Riiko

    In a Nutshell: School. Work. Gym

    Haha! I have sooooo many friends that hate Chinese too. They're mostly from Hong Kong :3. (I go to a school with 70% Chinese students) Me? SLIM?! Well... not too much unfortunately ;___;. Us vegetarians still can, and will, eat ice cream. For me especially, I love frozen yogurt and...
  4. Riiko

    In a Nutshell: School. Work. Gym

    So I'm Cypress, but you can call me Riiko if you want. I was born and raised in the Bay Area of California, and I am seventeen years-old going into my senior year in high school. Although, because I go to an early college high school, I don't take high classes anymore, but classes at the...
Top