Recent content by Selkie

  1. Done 席外してくださる? and 色々手伝ってくれてありがとう (Translation Help/Check)

    More difficulties! The situation: S and M are flirting in an attempt to get information from each other, when H (M's significant other) catches them. In response, H grabs M and lays one on her... causing S to become very flustered. ---------------- I was a bit confused with 席外してくださる?...
  2. Done Translation Help

    Thank you! I suspect my mis-attribution of speech bubbles was a large part of my issue with understanding this (which also affected my translation, because I was trying to make them make sense). It was indeed. So, "ちゃんと貰った手紙には返事しなくちゃ駄目よ。 まだそんなにあるんだから。" would be more like, "You should reply to...
  3. Done Translation Help

    Could I get some help with this translation, please? I've bolded the lines I'm having particular difficulty with, but this thing as a whole is giving me fits - so any help is appreciated!
  4. Done 願い vs 願いごと AND Grammar Question (ようにと as Sentence Ending)

    Often, when multiple Japanese words have the same meaning, they have slightly different connotations (e.g., きれい and 素敵). Is there a similar case with 願い and 願いごと? Based on the definitions, my best guess is that 願いごと gives the feeling of a stronger, more fervent wish. Does anyone know with...
  5. Done Two Images + Potential Innuendo

    新たな時代に誘われて。。。 Invited by a new age... はるかの貴重なパンチラ!! Haruka's precious underwear! 。。。何をしてるんだいみちる。。。 ...Michiru, what are you doing...? だってスカートのはるかってレアなんだもの It's because Haruka in a skirt is so rare / It's because Haruka's skirt is so rare I feel like the second translation is more accurate...
  6. Done Translating Image

    cmertb, I suspect in this case that sarashi is indeed referring to underwear. Aarowaim, thanks for the breakdown! I tend to forget about (and have a hard time with) ~なのです. I translated it as, "What is..." because なん is sometimes short for なに. I completely missed the fact that an image upload...
  7. Done Translating Image

    Can anyone help me with my translation? (It's text / speech from an online image. Characters are Haruka and Michiru, from Sailor Moon.) Here's what I have so far: Background Text: サっぱりサラシなんですか?* *Not sure why the サ in さっぱり is written in katakana, but it is. Haruka: 寝坊した Michiru...
Top