Recent content by Subito

  1. Subito

    Done Sengoku ARMORS

    Ohhhh, okay, now I get the 罰当たり part. And どうこうする/どうこういう. Thanks again! =)
  2. Subito

    Done Sengoku ARMORS

    I guess even non-translators are okay. =) Thank you!! Hmm... I still don't really get what ばちあたり means in this case. Unless Izumi's saying she's sorry she's damned? I've seen どうこう elsewhere too, but I can't figure out what it means. In the other instance, it was "どうこう言ってる場合ではないである". So どうこう...
  3. Subito

    Done Kurosawa Ch 22

    I'd like a little help with a few sentences from Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 22. As there are no raws, I fully transcribed it. The problem areas are in purple so they can be easily found, but I'll put them up here too, just so it's extra obvious. ;) Thanks! Chapter 22...
  4. Subito

    Done Sengoku ARMORS

    I'd like it if an experienced translator could help me with a few sentences/words from Sengoku ARMORS. I'd give a link to the raw, but it was taken off MH. It is fully transcribed. The parts I'm unsure about are in purple. The Buddhist chanting is transliterated in [brackets] on purpose...
  5. Subito

    Discussion The Japanese Study Thread

    Re: Help with learning japanese Depends on what they mean by "stem," I guess. For example, we have the u-verb (go-dan 五段 verb) 書く (かく). 書く --> 書いて、書いた 書く --> 書かない、書かず、書かれる、書かせる 書く --> 書き、書きます 書く --> 書け、書ける 書く --> 書こう For the most general "stem," I think you'd remove the last う. When...
  6. Subito

    Travel Travel in Japan

    Re: Travel to Japan Well, that's weird. I could swear I posted a translation a few days ago, but it looks like it didn't go through. jmkdljakshdjbs Anyway:
  7. Subito

    Question Language exchange Website

    Are you by chance talking about the Skype user forums? http://forum.skype.com/ (http://forum.skype.com/forum/140-learn-languages-and-more/page__s__7833b6e1e31a7277f140fd1b97da72f0)
  8. Subito

    Done how to read japanese names?????

    訳してみます!
  9. Subito

    Discussion The Japanese Study Thread

    Re: Help with learning japanese You might want to check out AJATT (All Japanese All The Time) -- it has a bunch of entries on motivation and how to not procrastinate and stuff. (It doesn't really explain grammar or anything though--it's more a blog about how to learn than anything else.) In...
  10. Subito

    Discussion The Japanese Study Thread

    Re: Help with learning japanese It really depends on how much time you put into it every day. You also have to keep in mind that not everyone learns at the same pace or in the same way.... Then there's also the issue of what it means to "learn" a language. Your question used to drive me crazy...
  11. Subito

    Question Recommendation Thread: (Use this thread when you seek advice.)

    Re: I can't decide. Can I try? I like tests! I recently found http://www.weblio.jp/ , which seems pretty awesome. It uses Sanseidou's Daijirin, which I've noticed has a lot of the more non-standard/difficult to find word endings like __てんの=__ているの and __えど=たとえ__しても and stuff...and a whole...
  12. Subito

    Question Recommendation Thread: (Use this thread when you seek advice.)

    Re: I can't decide. I maintain my point. Like...like what? When I'm listening or talking or reading, I'm not aware of grammar stuff going on in my mind at all, background or not.... I'm not even really aware of having learned grammar in school. Did I? I dunno. >___> I just disagree with...
  13. Subito

    Question Recommendation Thread: (Use this thread when you seek advice.)

    Re: I can't decide. You really really don't have to focus on grammar all that much. Honestly, I think a good dictionary (as for online J-E ones, Jisho looks pretty decent) would work better--they still give you the particles and common verb endings, plus they don't confuse you by giving...
  14. Subito

    Discussion The Japanese Study Thread

    Re: Learn how to read Manga: The Japanese Study Thread ...You mean like IME? http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50447 I don't know of any dictionary "programs"... Microsoft IME sometimes gives very brief definitions, but it's mostly for understanding when to use kanji...
  15. Subito

    Done Hiragana at the end of Kanji

    So it seems like you figured out how to use a Japanese dictionary? Although in case you're still not sure, I dunno, I just ignore it that stuff. This is your definition. "Things, conditions, actions etc newly arise. To occur." These are example sentences. the long dash "―" is...
Top