Recent content by tora-chan

  1. tora-chan

    Discussion The Japanese Study Thread

    Re: Katsudon and Katsu-udon Something similar happened to me in March... XD I was working (for free) as a support interpreter during a Japan-related event. It was dinner time, a Japanese language professor and me were sitting at a table with a Japanese writer and her husband. She's interested...
  2. tora-chan

    Databook III Naruto Databook 3 Discussion Thread

    Yes, that seems likely to me XD I still think Suigetu's height is wrong. It's written 177cm, but that's not possible because Sasuke is taller than him, and since Itachi is 178cm and Sasuke is shorter than Itachi, Sasuke can't be 178cm tall... Again, Karin is 162cm, and she doesn't look 15cm...
  3. tora-chan

    Databook III Naruto Databook 3 Discussion Thread

    Well, the databooks contain a LOT of numbers, so it isn't *too* weird that some of them are wrong. Most seem to be fine, though. I vote for Sasuke's A-ranks being a mistake too, also because any missions he's done for Orochimaru wouldn't count since every other nukenin only has missions from...
  4. tora-chan

    Help Request a Full Translation Check

    Re: [Shonen] Zokusei ch 3 Sorry for taking so long.... x_x I was impossibly busy so far, but I intend to check all the translations that are left unchecked (or well, that need further improvement), so here I am! @_@ 冬期宿泊訓練 (F1 thought) ( It's time for the ) winter training camp You could...
  5. tora-chan

    Databook III Naruto Databook 3 Discussion Thread

    No, it's not considered earth, or at least I've read no info whatsoever on it being considered earth in the guidebooks. I think it's just... sand. After all it's Gaara's personal ability that he acquired thanks to the Shukaku, it's not elemental. So I guess its affinity with lightning depends on...
  6. tora-chan

    The tora-chan thread

    Yeah, I bet anyone would hate a language that he's forced to learn against his will! XD I chose it myself, so I obviously like it :D Thank you for the advices! If I have time or happen to get something by them I'll try and read them, ditto for Yumejuya :D Yes, in fact the deeper...
  7. tora-chan

    Help Request a Full Translation Check

    Re: [Shonen] Bleach Chapter 315 by KNH Ok, I did this too, so at last all the Bleach ones are checked! :) Zaraki: 二つ目の指令は空座町で護挺十三隊全隊長格を戦闘可能にすることだ The second order was... to make it possible for all 13 captains to fight in Karakura Town. More than "to make it possible", it's "to be ready to...
  8. tora-chan

    Help Request a Full Translation Check

    Re: [Shonen] Bleach Chapter 314 by KNH It was a long wait, but I don't like to leave problems unsolved, so I figured I'd check your Bleach translations too! XD; This section is made both for helping new translators with their translations and to provide a source of information for other wannabe...
  9. tora-chan

    Databook III Naruto Databook 3 Discussion Thread

    @Bones: In regard to your question about Tsunade and electricity. As I expected, the jutsu she uses is featured in Tou no Sho. It's called Ranshinshou (basically meaning "impulse confusing one's body") and it's ranked as A. It does say that she turns her chakra into electricity, so at this...
  10. tora-chan

    The tora-chan thread

    やっぱり、そんな気がした… :cool: 変な構造だったとはいえ、15歳ならそれぐらいも出来ないよ、普通に。 I managed to carry it to Lucca Comics, then I only had to drag it to Blurry's car.. XD I got it repaired the next day, though it costed me 30€ -.- Ahah, don't speak Japanese to a translator without specifying that you didn't write...
  11. tora-chan

    The tora-chan thread

    Ahah yes, I remember about you! XD I sold lots of stuff, I must say I'm satisfied :) Besides making some money, I managed to get rid of some heavy stuff (mainly books) that occupied my precious room space... :nuts...
  12. tora-chan

    Databook III Naruto Databook 3 Discussion Thread

    Uhm... Jeez, being without DSL at home sucks, since I have the databooks there x_x Anyway, if that jutsu has a name it's probably featured in Tou no Sho (the 2nd databook). I'll check when I get home. As for Tsunade having lightning as an element, yeah, I guess it might be so. I'll check the...
  13. tora-chan

    The tora-chan thread

    Just a quick notice x_x I recently moved to a house in Venice in which there is no DSL, and the only times I can use the internet are basically when I'm attending classes or in the university's library. I did read your posts in this thread and I'll get back to everybody as soon as I can...
  14. tora-chan

    Databook III Naruto Databook 3 Discussion Thread

    Sorry for the lateness, again.... I *might* be back for good, now (except for the fact that I have no DSL in my house, SIGH ._.). You're totally right about the first question, I didn't reread the part before answering, shame on me ==;; Now that I reread it, yes, "Orochimaru's strength, curse...
  15. tora-chan

    Databook III Naruto Databook 3 - Hiden: Sha no Sho - HQ Edited Manga Project

    Sorry for butting in from nowhere ==; The reason why this is considered the "3rd databook" is that the second book ever released, Hyou no Sho, is actually a "fanbook" (i.e. it doesn't have character pages, stats, and so on), so everybody tends to skip on that.. The fanbook does have some...
Top