The tora-chan thread

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
You're awesome for the Databook information, Tora-chan!!! Thanks. <333
 

yuji-kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
12
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Compared with Italy, food in Japan is a lot cheaper. You can eat a lot with as little as 5€ a meal XD In Italy you won't even get a pasta dish with that, barely a simple pizza..
that's right lol xD

hi tora-chan ^^
maybe you already wrote about it (i didn't read every post carefully >_>), I'd like to know why you started studying japanese...
some other questions:
1- if you like japanese literature, who is your favourite writer?
2- if you like japanese poetry, what's your favourite haiku?
3- have you ever read Natsume Souseki's novels?
4- have you ever read Akutagawa Ryunosuke's novels?
(they may be strange questions, but I have to write some essays in japanese about Rashomon, Yumejuuya, etc. and I need some help :darn )
5- what's your favourite serie A soccer team?
6- do you like One Piece?
7- what's your favorite japanese drama?

じゃあね :)
 

cassana_do

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I apologize if this doesn't work, but im learning as i go along with this whole quoting thing LOL! i think i have it right.. i just don't know how to do multiple... possibly... well hopfully you'll get the idea >_>

Here goes:

10-RANKAI's getting better and better :love If you want, I can send you my Kizu translation :D I did it because someone scanlated it and the translation was completely off, I couldn't bear to see it ruined and so.. XD;
OMGOMGOMG!!!! Can I have your Kizu Translation?! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HARD I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ONE!!!!

Speaking of theme songs.. Did you know the latest Shippuuden DVD (#7) includes as a bonus a special DVD with a longer version of the high school AU story shown as 2nd ED? :3 It's a picture drama, that is images with dubbed text, and I've read on some blogs (KSL and 10-RANKAI :XD) that it's totally NaruSasuNaru :hearts I should be getting it in (hopefully) a few days, then I guess I'll rip it and spam it around <3
oooh.... this is an extra bonus.... heard anything else about this extra on DVD 7? wouldn't mind getting my hands on a viewing of some sorts....

eh... here's hoping it's worked?!

I'd be ever so grateful if you could help me out :amuse

xXx

PS: if you can send it (PLEASE?!) my email is [email protected]

^_^;
 
Last edited:

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
hiya, tora-chan!! 'rigatou for the dauntless effort to translate the DB3, and that spoof on sasuke uchiha info<love that joke on sasuke's hobbies, mawhawhaw :lmao,>

btw
i think you prefer sasunaru over sasusaku<im a fan, though not that rabid>lol, its fine...but do you think therell be some two-way romantic relationships in the end<re:kishi interview>? it seems to me all characters have unrequited love..:( and honestly, who do you think will end up with whom?...as a dedicated translator i can feel you read the manga a bit differently than us scanlated manga readers...< i know there is a thread dedicated to shippers but i hope you dont mind, i just want your personal opinion because that matters to me as someone who looks up to you.>oh, you can ignore this if you find this question sorta ridiculous anyway.
 
Last edited:

tora-chan

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
624
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Just a quick notice x_x

I recently moved to a house in Venice in which there is no DSL, and the only times I can use the internet are basically when I'm attending classes or in the university's library.

I did read your posts in this thread and I'll get back to everybody as soon as I can, sorry, I've been impossibly busy lately, I wish I had some time to breathe T_T


Ok, I'll finally answer to everybody...! >_<
Sorry for the waiting, I hope I'll be around more often from now on T_T


Whos your best character in Naruto Accel 2?
Mine is Hinata.

I love Naruto because I find him easy to use with my style (=using buttons at random *cough*). I tend to like fast charas, so I also like Gai, Lee and so on; on the contrary, slow charas annoy me so I rarely use them unless I'm choosing them at random XD I theorically like Sasuke, but he's got that weird technique that makes him jump in random directions, it can be a pain sometimes...


I know I asked this through s PM but I am not sure if you have seen it anyways. How much would you charge to translate Tokyo Underground volume 8 chapter 43?

I guess it's a bit late to reply now.. ._. I'm currently very busy (as I've been during the past 6 months), so I don't think I'm able to do translations for manga which I haven't read ;_; (I'd have to get informed about the plot first, just for the sake of being more accurate, and that can take some time..)


You're awesome for the Databook information, Tora-chan!!! Thanks. <333

Thank you for the comment! >_<
I hope I'll be able to do more soon ;_; I want 36h days...


hi tora-chan ^^
maybe you already wrote about it (i didn't read every post carefully >_>), I'd like to know why you started studying japanese...
some other questions:
1- if you like japanese literature, who is your favourite writer?
2- if you like japanese poetry, what's your favourite haiku?
3- have you ever read Natsume Souseki's novels?
4- have you ever read Akutagawa Ryunosuke's novels?
(they may be strange questions, but I have to write some essays in japanese about Rashomon, Yumejuuya, etc. and I need some help :darn )
5- what's your favourite serie A soccer team?
6- do you like One Piece?
7- what's your favorite japanese drama?

Thanks for your questions! :D

Let's see.. I originally started studying Japanese because I loved manga and I wanted to be able to read the ones that weren't translated, especially doujinshi since I knew no one would ever translate those for me.. (there weren't so many Edited Manga groups around at the time) XD; Then I fell in love with the language itself :D

As for the others:
1) I do like Japanese literature, but I don't have time to read so I've read very few books ;_; I liked both Kokoro by Natsume Souseki and Kuroi Ame (Black Rain) by Ibuse Masuji, and I also liked Kojinteki na Taiken (A personal matter) by Kenzaburo Oe, though I still have to finish that one.. x_x I read all these in translation though, one day I'd like to read the original versions as well XD
2) I admit I'm not a great fan of poetry, though I do like Japanese haiku and waka. But not being a fan I don't know a lot of them, so I wouldn't be able to say what's my favorite one :(
3) I've read Kokoro and I'd be curious to read Wagahai wa Neko Dearu XD I liked Kokoro a lot, I bought the Japanese version and I'll read it one day :)
4) I've read Rashoumon and Yabu no Naka, but since they're short novels I still don't have an "opinion" on him >_< I do like his writing, though.
5) LOL XD Well, I'm from Florence, so I obviously support Fiorentina! ;D Though I'm not a huge soccer fan, so I just rejoice when they win but don't get overly excited about it :)
6) I used to read it years ago.. It's not among my favorite series, but I'm so behind that I can't talk.. I'd like to catch up one day :)
7) Yamada Tarou Monogatari! XD I saw it a year ago in Japan and I loved it, it's so hilarious XD And I like how it ended too! :)


OMGOMGOMG!!!! Can I have your Kizu Translation?! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HARD I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ONE!!!!

oooh.... this is an extra bonus.... heard anything else about this extra on DVD 7? wouldn't mind getting my hands on a viewing of some sorts....

Ahah yes you can! XD I'm always glad to spam that translation around, especially since the only scanlated version around has a very crappy translation == (that's the reason I did mine, actually XD) I'll send it to your email address :D

I know a few groups fansubbed the Konoha Gakuen bonus, I believe you can find it on YouTube.. Try looking for "konoha gakuen sub" or such :D


hiya, tora-chan!! 'rigatou for the dauntless effort to translate the DB3, and that spoof on sasuke uchiha info<love that joke on sasuke's hobbies, mawhawhaw :lmao,>

btw
i think you prefer sasunaru over sasusaku<im a fan, though not that rabid>lol, its fine...but do you think therell be some two-way romantic relationships in the end<re:kishi interview>? it seems to me all characters have unrequited love..:( and honestly, who do you think will end up with whom?...as a dedicated translator i can feel you read the manga a bit differently than us scanlated manga readers...< i know there is a thread dedicated to shippers but i hope you dont mind, i just want your personal opinion because that matters to me as someone who looks up to you.>oh, you can ignore this if you find this question sorta ridiculous anyway.

I'm glad you liked the Sasuke spoof! :nuts

Thanks for asking my opinion. I don't think yours is a ridiculous question, it does make sense! XD

Let's see.. Yes, I'm a SasuNaru fan, but I'm not expecting them to end up together in a romantical way XD; Recently I'm becoming somewhat of a NaruSaku supporter, since the manga also seems to be going that way...
Actually, I don't think Kishimoto will fill the manga up with couples... I'm not even sure Naruto will end up with someone at all XD; But if he eventually does, I believe it'll be Sakura. There are so many hints.. and they're just increasing. Sasuke won't probably end up with anyone (if he'll be alive at all).. As for the others, I don't think they'll have much space. Maybe, just maybe, we'll see Shikamaru end with Temari, since they seem to be the most hinted pairing.. But Kishimoto said himself that he's not good at drawing romance, so you know :/
 
Last edited:

Cipo

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
278
Reaction score
440
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Hi Tora-chan... welcome back :amuse
From other thread:
Cipo said:
ps. if you don't remember I met you on sunday 2th november at the Lucca Comics... I was with Matteo Piccini :)
At the end... did you sell something? :p
ついに荷物の問題を直しておいて欲しいよ
Arigatou :)
 

tora-chan

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
624
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Hi Tora-chan... welcome back :amuse
From other thread:

At the end... did you sell something? :p
ついに荷物の問題を直しておいて欲しいよ
Arigatou :)

Ahah yes, I remember about you! XD

I sold lots of stuff, I must say I'm satisfied :) Besides making some money, I managed to get rid of some heavy stuff (mainly books) that occupied my precious room space... :nuts

荷物もかなり軽くなったけど、あいにく友達の友人の乱暴な扱いのおかげで大きい荷物の輪が壊れて運ぶの難しくなった…。まぁ結局フィレンツェの店で修理してもらったが、いらない面倒だったよな…

それはさておき…日本語を勉強してるの? :)
 

Shunran

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
90
Reaction score
4
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Ahah yes, I remember about you! XD

I sold lots of stuff, I must say I'm satisfied :) Besides making some money, I managed to get rid of some heavy stuff (mainly books) that occupied my precious room space... :nuts

荷物もかなり軽くなったけど、あいにく友達の友人の乱暴な扱いのおかげで大きい荷物の輪が壊れて運ぶの難しくなった…。まぁ結局フィレンツェの店で修理してもらったが、いらない面倒だったよな…

それはさておき…日本語を勉強してるの? :)
いや、チームメートから訳してもらったに決まってるよな -.- 格好つけんなよ、このガキ =P
 

Cipo

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
278
Reaction score
440
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Ahah yes, I remember about you! XD
°_°
I'm happy that you remember me ^.^
荷物もかなり軽くなったけど、あいにく友達の友人の乱暴な扱いのおかげで大きい荷物の輪が壊れて運ぶの難しくなった…。まぁ結局フィレンツェの店で修理してもらったが、いらない面倒だったよな…
Oh, well, I really don't know how did you do with that damn suitcase. XD
それはさておき…日本語を勉強してるの?
No, I don't know anything of Japanese (but I would) and Blurry-sensei helps me :p
If i remember properly you said that your dream is to scanlate ALL the Naruto's manga (translation + Edited Manga). If it's ok I can help you with the Edited Manga (in the translation part I can't really do anything XD).

@Blurry: translate please ç__ç
 

Shunran

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
90
Reaction score
4
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
°_°
I'm happy that you remember me ^.^

Oh, well, I really don't know how did you do with that damn suitcase. XD

No, I don't know anything of Japanese (but I would) and Blurry-sensei helps me :p
If i remember properly you said that your dream is to scanlate ALL the Naruto's manga (translation + Edited Manga). If it's ok I can help you with the Edited Manga (in the translation part I can't really do anything XD).

@Blurry: translate please ç__ç
Basically, I told her you're a phony and gently suggested that you stop acting cool :P
 

tora-chan

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
624
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
いや、チームメートから訳してもらったに決まってるよな -.- 格好つけんなよ、このガキ =P

やっぱり、そんな気がした… :cool:
変な構造だったとはいえ、15歳ならそれぐらいも出来ないよ、普通に。


°_°
I'm happy that you remember me ^.^

Oh, well, I really don't know how did you do with that damn suitcase. XD

No, I don't know anything of Japanese (but I would) and Blurry-sensei helps me :p
If i remember properly you said that your dream is to scanlate ALL the Naruto's manga (translation + Edited Manga). If it's ok I can help you with the Edited Manga (in the translation part I can't really do anything XD).

@Blurry: translate please ç__ç

I managed to carry it to Lucca Comics, then I only had to drag it to Blurry's car.. XD I got it repaired the next day, though it costed me 30€ -.-

Ahah, don't speak Japanese to a translator without specifying that you didn't write the sentence on your own. They might answer you in Japanese and you would understand nothing :p

Per il manga di Naruto, guarda, Edited Mangaarlo tutto con le mie traduzioni è perlappunto il mio sogno, cioè una cosa che mi piacerebbe realizzare in un qualche momento della mia vita. Al momento non ho assolutamente il tempo necessario... =_= Devo rimettermi in pari con le traduzioni inglesi, continuare il databook e altri progetti che ho in corso.. Se avessi tutto quel tempo libero non avrei bloccato le mie release in italiano qualche anno fa T_T
 

yuji-kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
12
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I fell in love with the language itself :D
I envy you... (I was forced to study japanese just because I'm a ハーフ, at that time (6 years old) I really hated japanese >_> )
2) I admit I'm not a great fan of poetry, though I do like Japanese haiku and waka. But not being a fan I don't know a lot of them, so I wouldn't be able to say what's my favorite one
I advise you to read haiku by Masaoka Shiki and other poets from hototogisu
3) I've read Kokoro and I'd be curious to read Wagahai wa Neko Dearu XD I liked Kokoro a lot, I bought the Japanese version and I'll read it one day
o_o you must read yumejuya... that's his masterpiece imo
4) I've read Rashoumon and Yabu no Naka, but since they're short novels I still don't have an "opinion" on him >_< I do like his writing, though.
rashoumon is very important when you think of evil vs evil (悪に対する悪は許される) ...too difficult >.<

I also went to lucca comics
what did you like most?
 

tora-chan

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
624
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
I envy you... (I was forced to study japanese just because I'm a ハーフ, at that time (6 years old) I really hated japanese >_> )

Yeah, I bet anyone would hate a language that he's forced to learn against his will! XD I chose it myself, so I obviously like it :D

I advise you to read haiku by Masaoka Shiki and other poets from hototogisu

o_o you must read yumejuya... that's his masterpiece imo

Thank you for the advices! If I have time or happen to get something by them I'll try and read them, ditto for Yumejuya :D

rashoumon is very important when you think of evil vs evil (悪に対する悪は許される) ...too difficult >.<

Yes, in fact the deeper meaning of the novel was really interesting in my opinion! :)

I also went to lucca comics
what did you like most?

Ohhh you went to Lucca! XD Actually I went there to sell stuff, so I didn't really go around and see the fair.. I've been going there for years, so I'm kind of... used XD; Since I go to Japan about once a year, there's not much stuff I'm interested in :/ But I think it's enjoyable, plus there are always many events... :)
 
Top