Recent content by Vatican Trust Fund

  1. Discussion Mystery Man Arima

    There are very strong signs pointing to Arima being a half-ghoul, especially now that he's confirmed to be affiliated with V. About a year ago 2ch analyzed Kaneki and Arima's birthdays - Dec 20. In kanji it's 十二月 (12th month) 二十日 (20th day). Pictorially, "十二" and "二十" look like one eye open...
  2. Theory A Shot in the Dark About TG History and Kaneki's Role

    I really like that, it's far more believable and better world building. Although, I wonder if there's some kind of shared characteristic that makes certain humans more compatible with developing/receiving kakuhous. As far as we know Aogiri is convinced CCG investigators make for a good base...
  3. Info Imperial Scans drops Tokyo Ghoul: re

    I think Mangastream is pretty decent. Back when they were Binktopia their quality was way above the rest, but now with so many projects some translators aren't as good as others. The problem is Tokyo Ghoul is really difficult to translate by default. Ishida writes sophisticated dialogue, and...
  4. Discussion Hide and his lying habit!

    It's a fun theory, but the evidence is a little weak to prove that Hide's "tell" simply means he's lying. It could just mean he's uneasy, or he has a strong hunch about something. For example, he (seems to) scratch his face when he hypothesizes that Ayato (black rabbit) is not Touka (rabbit)...
  5. Chapter Bleach 651 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 651 Spoiler Discussion Lol Kubo hasn't cared about power balancing, reasonableness, nor believability for years and years now. He had a storyboard for everything up to Aizen leaving to Hueco Mundo at the end of shinigami arc. The rest is made up along the way. Bleach is a special...
  6. Theory A Shot in the Dark About TG History and Kaneki's Role

    Overview of the parties in this chess game: CCG: Founded by Washuu clan back in 1890 or something. They've been hunting ghouls for a long time and continue to do so in the name of public safety. Keeps experimenting with turning humans into ghouls. Recently unveiled successful Quinx surgery...
  7. Chapter Tokyo Ghoul:re 52 Discussion / 53 Predictions

    Re: alize the Knight's Lobotomy Pretty sure Phrank is right, it's the pain causing cracks in Haise's consciousness. I'm sure y'all remember this: IT'S MINE! HAND IT OVERRRR!
  8. Chapter Tokyo Ghoul:re 52 Discussion / 53 Predictions

    Re: Tokyo Ghoul:re 52 Spoilers 叶 is also in the shape of a rose, cause Ishida loves the irony. Shuu loves roses for their beauty but didnt notice the Kanae (叶) in front of him. So of course Eto preys on Kanae's insecurities by telling her "you're so ugly, yet you want to be Shuu's beautiful...
  9. Chapter Tokyo Ghoul:re 52 Discussion / 53 Predictions

    Re: Tokyo Ghoul:re 52 Spoilers Haha very good guesses. I read somewhere that it was a mistranslation and should actually be "I remembered those of a verse I once knew". So, I looked at the Chinese scans and indeed it says "想起了懷陷的句子", which roughly translates to "remembered a sentence/verse...
  10. Chapter Tokyo Ghoul:re 51 Discussion / 52 Predictions

    I really liked this chapter; we got confirmations on a number of theories: 1. Kanae took Sasaki's arm - Check 2. Shirazu was given the number "4" for tarot card "the emperor" on Chap 49, pg. 4. Emperor loosely represents "a father figure, experience". In this case Shirazu maturing and getting...
  11. Chapter Berserk 336 Discussion/ 337 Prediction

    Very good observations. I'm glad Berserk offers readers a chance to interpret things for themselves, it's the mark of a good manga. Here are my counterpoints: I think Miura is trying to get readers (like yourself) to side with Griffith, and then expose Griffith's true intentions later. The...
Top