Recent content by zidane

  1. zidane

    Discussion DGM Chapter 219 Discussion/220 Predictions

    Re: DGM Chapter 219 Spoiler Thread http://readms.com/r/dgrayman/219/2865/1?t=1&f=0&e=0 Chapter's out.
  2. zidane

    Cleaning Yellow Pages

    Option a) Image -> Adjustments -> Desaturate. Option b) Image -> Mode -> Grayscale.
  3. zidane

    Cleaning Need some advice!

    No offense to the poster above me, but the way you showed there is not only unnecessarily complicated, it's also just wrong. Why on earth would you try copying the shape of the Japanese text for your background if you're gonna put the English text like that there, horizontally? There's...
  4. zidane

    Miscellaneous I need help editing pages 0-7 of Ranma 1/2 - Volume 1 - Chapter 1 - Part 1

    One question if I may; why do you bother editing a series that's been licensed and translated into English ages ago? You're even linking to the official volumes and all; what's the point?
  5. zidane

    Miscellaneous improving quality

    Get the episode in HD, for the highest resolution possible. Then use either VLC player, or better yet Gom Player and use the built-in screen capture function. If you're using Win7, simply use the snipping tool and make sure to save the frame as a PNG. After doing whatever it is you want to do to...
  6. zidane

    Cleaning Need some advice!

    Hatsu already mentioned some things about cleaning and I don't have much time right now anyway, so I'll keep this short and about only two things. 1. Typesetting The most important rule in typesetting, rule #1, can be expressed with just one word: Legibility. People need to be able to read the...
  7. zidane

    Cleaning Feedback and what to improve

    Film grain applied to only certain areas, like only gray panels, or simply only grays, can work quite well. That's what maximum7 used to do for their HQ Bleach releases. Alternatively, adding uniform noise would also work, that's what we used to do at Japflap. (Just don't forget to put your...
  8. zidane

    Cleaning How I can join the two pages?

    Who said Editing was easy, anyway? Yes, you got some shitty spread there, indeed. The raw pages were scanned and cut off in an annoying way, but it's definitely doable, though it might take quite some time and a lot of patience. If you already know how to use the pen/line/clone stamp tools...
  9. zidane

    Cleaning Feedback and what to improve

    The reason why you don't like it is because it's way too blurry. Look at the gray circle between the 1st and the 2nd/3rd/4th panel, see its edges? Bad. See the edges of the round gray stuff in the 3rd panel? Also bad. What the whole page in general lacks are patterns. You blurred so much that...
  10. zidane

    Cleaning Advice on cleaning and fonts

    If it's advice what you're asking for, advice ya shall receive. However, pardon me if I come to a conclusion you won't like to hear. But anyway, here goes: Image size: Anything between 1100px and 1600px height is standard. It mostly depends on your cleaning technique and the raw you are...
  11. zidane

    Typesetting Font Identification and Recommendations

    It's Franchise with 150% height - http://www.dafont.com/franchise.font - because I felt like randomly being nice. Though, find your own fonts in future, there are plenty similar looking one's that you could use and be... original! Copying us won't do you any good. >.> And haha, don't listen to...
  12. zidane

    Scanning how do i rip apart the manga volume book?

    There are more options, read the thread I linked properly. Use a hair-dryer, try cutting or buy an iron, I'm sure you can get a 2nd-hand one for free somewhere, it doesn't have to be the sickest model for 199.99$ or anything. Heck, be creative, anything that's getting hot works well to get the...
  13. zidane

    Discussion D.Gray-man Volume 22 (Ch. 200-205) Discussion

    Re: DGM Chapter 205 Discussion / 206 Prediction What line are you people referring to, if you don't mind showing me? I can assure you, our translators aren't into any pairings, xD, but I'd like to look into it and find out. If anyone feels like we messed anything up in our scans or...
  14. zidane

    Scanning how do i rip apart the manga volume book?

    Next time use the search function or google, as you can imagine you aren't the only one with that question. Anyway, check out this thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1854 Or go straight to these tutorials, posted in that thread above: Debinding...
  15. zidane

    Page Zoro vs Hodi [Ch 618]

    Sick job Silhouette, I'll include it in our next release :3 Nice seeing you're still around.
Top