Special Nanatsu no Taizai Events

Baum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
775
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hmm..I'm not sure about teaming up with a member on here but I have something cooking with a friend. When are we doing this, Gallon? If it's this week, I'd love to go with a really outlandish "prediction" we came up with today for next week's chapter lel (I don't think it would fit in the actual discussion btw, it's something that will likely never actually happen, which is exactly what this next event is for right?)
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Hmm..I'm not sure about teaming up with a member on here but I have something cooking with a friend. When are we doing this, Gallon? If it's this week, I'd love to go with a really outlandish "prediction" we came up with today for next week's chapter lel (I don't think it would fit in the actual discussion btw, it's something that will likely never actually happen, which is exactly what this next event is for right?)
The second option will likely lose, since I'm probably ending the voting tonight. It may continue since it's pretty close, though.
Sure, you can. All you need to do is give me some money and I'll let it slide... :cheez
Just kidding, of course. We're likely starting the event this week, so be free to post anything you deem "crazy".
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hey, guys!
I'd like to thank each and every one of you for contributing to the process of choosing an event! The winner among the two options turned out to be, as expected, the first option: "Coming up with a crazy theory on your own", which received a total of
8 votes, as opposed to the other option, which received 6.
That being said, you may now freely post your insanely (maybe) outlandish theory, but don't forget to provide sensible arguments!

Note: A poll containing every submitted theory will be added at a later time, and the winner will, of course, be the one who receives the most votes!
​


May the Crazy Theory fairy be with you! :3c

-------------------------------

Alright, that was just there to hurt your eyes; here's the deciphered version:
Hey, guys!
I'd like to thank each and every one of you for contributing to the process of choosing an event! The winner among the two options turned out to be, as expected, the first option: "Coming up with a crazy theory on your own", which received a total of
8 votes, as opposed to the other option, which received 6.

That being said, you may now freely post your insanely (maybe) outlandish theory, but don't forget to provide sensible arguments!
Note: A poll containing every submitted theory will be added at a later time, and the winner will, of course, be the one who receives the most votes!


May the Crazy Theory fairy be with you!



Good luck, peeps! :super
​
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Guys, the theories won't post themselves here. lol
One day... one day we shall get this event started.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gallon, if you can, use your mod powers to change to the title so people know this is going on.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Gallon, if you can, use your mod powers to change to the title so people know this is going on.
What do you mean exactly? I don't quite understand.
It would probably be best for me to advertise this in the current chapter discussion thread, since I don't really have the ability to advertise it in a different method unless I ask Demonspeed or Goldb.
I'll just do the former for now.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What do you mean exactly? I don't quite understand.
It would probably be best for me to advertise this in the current chapter discussion thread, since I don't really have the ability to advertise it in a different method unless I ask Demonspeed or Goldb.
I'll just do the former for now.
Oh, I thought Mods had the power to edit the titles of threads.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Oh, I thought Mods had the power to edit the titles of threads.
We do, but what title would change the current situation?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
Something I came up with after rereading some chapters yesterday, just for this event :D. Gowther, when he was part of the Commandments, was Merlin's lover.

And it's her or the Great Magician(who might as well be Merlin or her master) who "made" his current body. That's why she is taking care of him like that. Considering the importance of love in each of the Sins's backstory so far, Escanor's feelings and the fact that Nakaba is treating the Merlin-Gowther-Escanor trio kinda like Meliodas-Ban-King IMO it could be true. I am at least sure that Gowther fell in love with someone back then.

We know that Merlin is from a long-lived race, if she knew Meliodas for so long and knows the Commandments, she could have known Gowther. At least it's sure that Meliodas knew him.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Something I came up with after rereading some chapters yesterday, just for this event :D. Gowther, when he was part of the Commandments, was Merlin's lover.

And it's her or the Great Magician(who might as well be Merlin or her master) who "made" his current body. That's why she is taking care of him like that. Considering the importance of love in each of the Sins's backstory so far, Escanor's feelings and the fact that Nakaba is treating the Merlin-Gowther-Escanor trio kinda like Meliodas-Ban-King IMO it could be true. I am at least sure that Gowther fell in love with someone back then.

We know that Merlin is from a long-lived race, if she knew Meliodas for so long and knows the Commandments, she could have known Gowther. At least it's sure that Meliodas knew him.
You're currently winning this competition; good job! :xp
 

john ellis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2015
Messages
669
Reaction score
365
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Fraudlin was gowthers under study so he is using invasions true strength to control Dreyfus. After all what's the most powerful form of crowd control in RPGs? It's to subdue your enemy as a minion
 
Last edited:

Tragicdeath

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2016
Messages
2,127
Reaction score
1,014
Country
United States
The theory that I am going to divulge is a bit disturbing so pls bare with me. I think Escanor is gay that is why he portrays himself with a mustache covering his true nature. Gallan have never faced someone as gay as Escanor that is why he ran of him on their duel. He didnt expect as masculine as Escanor was with the mustache would grope him. A few more chapters, Escanor will tell Estarossa that he has a crush on him.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
The theory that I am going to divulge is a bit disturbing so pls bare with me. I think Escanor is gay that is why he portrays himself with a mustache covering his true nature. Gallan have never faced someone as gay as Escanor that is why he ran of him on their duel. He didnt expect as masculine as Escanor was with the mustache would grope him. A few more chapters, Escanor will tell Estarossa that he has a crush on him.
So, your theory is that Merlin is a man? :heh
 

Tragicdeath

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2016
Messages
2,127
Reaction score
1,014
Country
United States
So, your theory is that Merlin is a man? :heh
You still dont get it do you. Escanor calling Merlin as his sun is a metaphor. He is in love with Merlins sex appeal and wants to be like her. That is why everytime he sees Merlin he is on fire with jealousy because he wants to be as hot as Merlin.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Look at Escanor where he is looking, at Gallan's tassle. I mean if you were Gallan wouldnt you flew if Escanor is about to do it or worst thing would slice your tassle with his axe. That is why he has no choice but to break his commandment even if he turns into stone rather than living without your balls.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm going to theorize that in the end elizabeth will have to die to seal the big bad (whoever that maybe).

I theorize that since elizabeth's blood was a need to break the seal to release the commandments....it's possible her predecessor was sacrifed or gave her life to seal them in the first place....also possibly the reason elizabeth/liz/etc keep being reincarnated.because of the seal i would say...

So in hind sight...if the demon king or the goddess clan ends up being the big bads....its possible they will have to be sealed and only elizabeth will be the one to do it.

:XD
 

kiriya

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
243
Age
27
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Alright guys. Time to post my theory, which is definitely 50000% true and canon. No lies.

My theory is that Arthur… is the antichrist. (Or the Apostle of the Demons. Whichever title you prefer.)

There are a lot of parallels in NnT, but one of the most prominent is the parallel between Arthur and Elizabeth. Both of them are 16 year old royals that are close with a 3000+ year old mentor. Both of them are learning how to control and activate their powers. Hell, there are even panels like this contrasting them - where Elizabeth was weak, Arthur was strong; and just as Arthur lost his strength, Elizabeth gained some. Basically there are a lot of parallels, is what I'm trying to say. Why not add another, with Ellie being Apostle of the Goddesses and Arthur being Apostle of the Demons?

From what we've seen in the manga, Arthur gets along best with three sins; Merlin, Meliodas, and Gowther. What do these three have in common? They all worship Satan- I mean, they're all demons (or, in Merlin's case, have an interest in demonic powers). Something about Arthur's abilities also piqued Merlin's interest enough for her to take him in and adopt him. What is one of the things that we all know piques Merlin's insatiable curiosity? Demonic magic. If Arthur's magic was of the demonic kind, Merlin taking him in would make sense.

But wait, there's more! Just in case you weren't already convinced, I also have some absolutely undeniable evidence for you…

The name Arthur has 6 letters. His surname, Pendragon has 3 syllables. 6 3 times.... is 666. :jawdrop Also, 'Pendragon' kind of sounds vaguely like 'Pentagram', which is what you use to summon demons.

I rest my case. :3c
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Takes off jacket.
Alright, here I go, guys.

As it's been noted multiple times, Meliodas' tattoo represents the Ouroboros, an ancient symbol which is associated with infinity and cyclicality - an eternal "return"; the symbol depicts a new beginning after the end of the cycle. This beginning later reaches an end, and another cycle arises, and so continues to infinity.
This trait has been clearly shown to be an inherent part of Meliodas' fate, seeing as his most loved person, Elizabeth, has been reincarnating for millennia - we were told that the very first Elizabeth (vague, but it's how we'll be taking it for now) had appeared during the Holy War, the previous Elizabeth (whom we call Liz) had appeared in Danafor, and the current Elizabeth is the leading female character.
In fact, it's not only Elizabeth. As we can tell, Hawk is likely some sort of reincarnation of Wandle, Meliodas' old companion: both possess the ability to speak and both have some inherent features which have been depicted for comic relief.
My final point is associated with some recent spoilers, so I'll be putting it in a spoiler tag due to certain rules:
Even Meliodas' "ranks" appear to follow a cycle - he was the leader of the most elite warriors of the Demon Clan, he was the leader of every knight in Danafor, and now he's the leader of the most elite force of Liones - the Seven Deadly Sins.

Meliodas' character revolves around cyclicality and repetition. As long as Meliodas lives, he will have to cope with the fact that he'll be losing his most loved person - Liz was murdered in Danafor, and I'm suggesting that the cycle leads to Elizabeth dying, as well (even though we are not aware what happened to the original Elizabeth).
In order to stop this excruciatingly painful cycle, Meliodas himself will have to die - in order to offer the rest a happy life, the life of the accursed demon must end!

Whether this curse is a result of some sort of magic (perhaps because of the Demon King's) or not isn't my point, but the former would be very interesting.

There you have it, peeps. Call the police because I'm on fire! :allthe
 

Baum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
775
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah..uhm...Gallon more or less posted my theory already lol
Shit, I guess I gotta think of something else. How long does this go? XD
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Yeah..uhm...Gallon more or less posted my theory already lol
Shit, I guess I gotta think of something else. How long does this go? XD
Ah man, sorry. That teamwork option should've prevailed.
Do you want to take this theory? I can come up with another.
If not, take your time - this will go on for a bit longer.
 
Last edited:

Baum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
775
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hahaha, nah. I'll just go completely nuts and pull something out of my a...uhm, I'll carefully ponder if I can twist some small details a little around to come up with something.

Btw, if anyone's curious, the general gist of my theory was that Mel fell to a curse which entails him not dying (thus the impossibly long life) and being forced to watch his close comrades reincarnating and being killed in an endless cycle, the ouroboros tattoo is something he chose himself to remind himself of that fate.
I actually think I like yours more Gallon lol

And yeah, teamwork would've been dope now that I think about it, but it wouldn't be fair for the others if we combined our geniuses ;)
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Hahaha, nah. I'll just go completely nuts and pull something out of my a...uhm, I'll carefully ponder if I can twist some small details a little around to come up with something.

Btw, if anyone's curious, the general gist of my theory was that Mel fell to a curse which entails him not dying (thus the impossibly long life) and being forced to watch his close comrades reincarnating and being killed in an endless cycle, the ouroboros tattoo is something he chose himself to remind himself of that fate.
I actually think I like yours more Gallon lol

And yeah, teamwork would've been dope now that I think about it, but it wouldn't be fair for the others if we combined our geniuses ;)
I actually really love that theory of yours...
Even though I mentioned that this might be some sort of spell or curse, that was not what my theory revolved around. Yours is focused on the Ouroboros' origin, and mine is focused on the requirement for its ending - Meliodas' death.
That being said, the two theories are different enough to be evaluated separately, in my opinion.

Is everyone else okay with using our theories as two separate ones?
 
Top