Special Nanatsu no Taizai Specials - Side Story: Fight!! The Great Captain of Leftover Disposal

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
3,448
Reaction score
16,945
Gender
Male
Country
France
Perhaps the silhouette we saw in the Purgatory is simply the manifestation of himself outside the seal? He might be powerful enough to do that but not enough to break out of the seal.
 
Last edited:

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I don't think it's enough to confirm things, he knows very well why he was arrested. Death Pierce attacking would be OOC IMO. He is more rational than his comrades and should know he has absolutely no chance to beat Gowther, who doesn't have to kill him as well.

Even if Gowther is planning to work as a Commandment again, he lacks intel. He can't just evade like this. They are already at Liones. Meeting the Sins and think of a plan is much better IMO. If he is not suspected he can be much more useful.
He thought they had a chance against Fraudrin and Graylord... he's not as rational as you suggest. Again, I said kill or injure, be it physically or mentally.

He definitely can. Meliodas is there, and he knows that's a huge risk to take, if he does know at all. We don't know if his emotions have returned to him, so let's look at the plausible options:
1) If they have not, it's not typical of him to spy on someone when he lacks intel. Gowther just follows what he thinks, and if he thinks "I'm one of the Ten Commandments", he likely thinks of regrouping - a person devoid of emotions should have no reason to spy on the Sins.
2) If they have, things get more likely of his being able to spy, but it would be fairly obvious that he's not his former self. Unless he can hide his emotions very effectively even without being stricken with Selflessness, I don't see "spying" as a viable option, especially when Meliodas, who knows him well, is there.

The way he said "I am one of the Ten Commandments" as if it was some sort of "order" he got in his brain should imply he's still emotionless, unless it's just the transition phase we're seeing there, and not his Commandment self.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'm thinking that the Demon King is not actually in purgatory, but is instead linked to Meliodas and Meliodas only. Whenever Mel dies, the Demon King's consciousness is able to respond to it temporarily in order to feed on emotions. When emotions in the emotionometer reach a satisfactory level, the Demon King receives enough power to break out of the seal.
 
Last edited:

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
3,448
Reaction score
16,945
Gender
Male
Country
France
I usually never translate the author's comment on the flaps but here it is:

I went through the first medical check-up and ended up getting hospitalized for surgery in my busy moments of the end of year. I caused a concern to a lot of people! I'm sorry! Eh, oh, by the way, the volume 25 of The Seven Deadly Sins is scheduled for sale on next March! I thank you in advance!
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,667
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
Perhaps the silhouette we saw in the Purgatory is simply the manifestation of himself outside the seal? He might be powerful enough to do that but not enough to break out of the seal.
Maybe they used more power for him and separated his soul from his body?

He thought they had a chance against Fraudrin and Graylord... he's not as rational as you suggest. Again, I said kill or injure, be it physically or mentally.

He definitely can. Meliodas is there, and he knows that's a huge risk to take, if he does know at all. We don't know if his emotions have returned to him, so let's look at the plausible options:
1) If they have not, it's not typical of him to spy on someone when he lacks intel. Gowther just follows what he thinks, and if he thinks "I'm one of the Ten Commandments", he likely thinks of regrouping - a person devoid of emotions should have no reason to spy on the Sins.
2) If they have, things get more likely of his being able to spy, but it would be fairly obvious that he's not his former self. Unless he can hide his emotions very effectively even without being stricken with Selflessness, I don't see "spying" as a viable option, especially when Meliodas, who knows him well, is there.

The way he said "I am one of the Ten Commandments" as if it was some sort of "order" he got in his brain should imply he's still emotionless, unless it's just the transition phase we're seeing there, and not his Commandment self.
He was confident against a weakened, injured and trapped Fraudrin. He also had Denzel's support, Gray Lord only appeared at the end. After everything he has seen, he should be even more aware of the gap between he and the Sins/Commandments. The best thing he can do is alert people, but he has no proof. And I think even that is pointless since Mel and Merlin are going to meet him. If he tries to spy on him, I guess it's Invisible that he'll use, I don't think he can do it himself and not be noticed. Gowther is actually a good actor, but he being able to fool both Mel and Merlin seems unlikely to me.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
He was confident against a weakened, injured and trapped Fraudrin. He also had Denzel's support, Gray Lord only appeared at the end. After everything he has seen, he should be even more aware of the gap between he and the Sins/Commandments. The best thing he can do is alert people, but he has no proof. And I think even that is pointless since Mel and Merlin are going to meet him. If he tries to spy on him, I guess it's Invisible that he'll use, I don't think he can do it himself and not be noticed. Gowther is actually a good actor, but he being able to fool both Mel and Merlin seems unlikely to me.
He was confident he could take down Fraudrin and Graylord with Denzel's help, even though his captain noted that they should "retreat."
Exactly, Gowther can't fool Merlin and Meliodas, which makes his joining the Sins, if he in fact did, very odd. And besides, I don't think those pages with the Pleiades reacting to Gowther's defection were there for shits and giggles - it would be pointless to have those be there if no incident occurs.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,667
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
I was visiting the wiki and saw this:

Solaseed's guitar appears as one of the relics that Meliodas mentions when talking about the Goddess Clan residing within objects in an omake in Volume 4, hinting that there could be a Goddess residing within it.


I checked the page and yes, this is indeed his guitar. Did the gem, jar and earring(?) appear in the manga?

He was confident he could take down Fraudrin and Graylord with Denzel's help, even though his captain noted that they should "retreat."
Exactly, Gowther can't fool Merlin and Meliodas, which makes his joining the Sins, if he in fact did, very odd. And besides, I don't think those pages with the Pleiades reacting to Gowther's defection were there for shits and giggles - it would be pointless to have those be there if no incident occurs.
I don't think he can fool them forever, but he could do it for a limited period of time, doesn't sound really difficult to me. Something will definitely happen but I doubt Pierce will try to attack him.
 

oxtopus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2015
Messages
550
Reaction score
302
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Whoa, what's going on? The dk was sealed? Then how did he end up in purgatory and why do some commandment s want to revive him if he was only sealed? And how come does meliodas say only the ten commandments and DK were sealed? What of the other demons that were said to also be in the seal??
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,667
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
Whoa, what's going on? The dk was sealed? Then how did he end up in purgatory and why do some commandment s want to revive him if he was only sealed? And how come does meliodas say only the ten commandments and DK were sealed? What of the other demons that were said to also be in the seal??
I think they are the ones who have been mentioned only because they are the big threats.
 

Baum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
775
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Maybe they used more power for him and separated his soul from his body?
You know what? That'd be really fucking smart compared to some of the stuff we've seen them do so far.

Only problem is that there's a loophole in that plan if they deliberately split his soul from the body.

Usually you'd just end up with a hunk of demon meat who can't do shit if you freed the DK because his soul wouldn't be in the seal.
But with Meliodas the DK has a way to escape Purgatory if I understood their exchange in that place correctly. I wonder if the king set the curse up that way because he knew what the goddesses tried to do tho, or if it was dumb luck because oh boy, that's gonna be some rude awakening when he eventually manages to revive himself with the power he'll inevitably get through Meliodas.

I think it'd be pretty amazing if that's what it is, that they sealed/banned the DK's body and soul individually. Be rad as heck if Suzuki used that to have another throwback to the first arc with Estarossa or Zeldris revealing that they got the King's body already back in Britannia right as Meliodas goes all out/fuels daddy one last time right before his big return.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,667
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
You know what? That'd be really fucking smart compared to some of the stuff we've seen them do so far.

Only problem is that there's a loophole in that plan if they deliberately split his soul from the body.

Usually you'd just end up with a hunk of demon meat who can't do shit if you freed the DK because his soul wouldn't be in the seal.
But with Meliodas the DK has a way to escape Purgatory if I understood their exchange in that place correctly. I wonder if the king set the curse up that way because he knew what the goddesses tried to do tho, or if it was dumb luck because oh boy, that's gonna be some rude awakening when he eventually manages to revive himself with the power he'll inevitably get through Meliodas.

I think it'd be pretty amazing if that's what it is, that they sealed/banned the DK's body and soul individually. Be rad as heck if Suzuki used that to have another throwback to the first arc with Estarossa or Zeldris revealing that they got the King's body already back in Britannia right as Meliodas goes all out/fuels daddy one last time right before his big return.
The fact that he did,'t manage to escape like the Commandments would make sense assuming his soul is separated from his body. Maybe only his soul was sealed, or it's sealed deeper. The Commandments must know what happened to his body since Gray Lord wants to resurrect him.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,172
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Some interesting stuff revealed. Demon King is in two parts seemingly and the Goddess Clan had come defectors of their own. I still think there is more to the story than the Goddess Clan just using all of their power and losing their form to seal the Demon Clan. Also interesting to know that Mel could sense the presence of the Goddesses in those objects. Speaking of those objects, I don't remember seeing a ring or a crystal, but I think we've seen that vase somewhere before. Or, at the very least, the mark on the vase looks familiar.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,667
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
Shota Gustaf is adorable. Didn't think Red Demon flesh could make Hawk this strong.

The previous SS had more pages, right? I wonder when in which volume it'll end.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Hawk reaching the 3,000 PL he's dreamt of doesn't seem too far-fetched now. xD

The Druid Altar extra is pretty cool, too.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,667
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
Merlin is the only Sin missing. Must be preparing something.

Guila appeared in all the SSs. It'll probably be the same for the last one.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I'm really wondering if this is just a separate, comedic chapter, or something that's actually going on. It feels a lot like the former.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,667
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
I'm really wondering if this is just a separate, comedic chapter, or something that's actually going on. It feels a lot like the former.
Meliodas is alive, Gowther is free and the Boar Hat is destroyed. It must be happening, just like the previous ones.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Meliodas is alive, Gowther is free and the Boar Hat is destroyed. It must be happening, just like the previous ones.
Far too happy and anticlimactic for a war... it's probably just me trying to doubt that this is happening, since I expected Gowther to leave in a badass manner. Oh well.
 
Top