Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,474
Reaction score
39,401
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,474
Reaction score
39,401
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #45 (2026)
00. Ichi the Witch (Cover & Lead Color Pages, 2nd Anniversary)
01. Akane-banashi
02. Sakamoto Days
00. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi (Color Page)
03. Someone Hertz
04. Me & Roboco
05. Shinobi Undercover
06. Roku's House of Oddities
00. Dog Eat Dog World (One Shot by Tanakura Jou, Color Page, Golden Future Cup 2026 #2)
00. Graykeith: Translator Daemonica (Not Ranked)
07. Under Doctor
00. The Ura Files (Not Ranked)
08. Witch Watch
00. Animal Signal (Color Page)
09. Nue's Exorcist
10. Class 2B Hero Destroyerz
11. Kagurabachi
12. Hal Formula
13. Cannon Master
00. One Piece (Absent)

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #46 (2026) - Information
Shinobi Undercover (Cover & Lead Color Pages, 2nd Anniversary)
Under Doctor (Color Page)
Someone Hertz (Color Page)
Banchoism (One Shot by Sai Koroko, Color Page, Golden Future Cup 2026 #3)
 
Last edited:

RealityChecker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2025
Messages
656
Reaction score
298
Age
35
Country
Gotei 13
Tbf, there was a point of time where everyone believe the csm's sales trajectory was going to be bigger than jjk post anime and it didn't even manage to sell better than mha.
That was what I meant when I said it crashed. It literally sold 500K pre-anime. And then the anime came and did almost nothing to its sales and circulation numbers.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
On the note of the CSM anime, I honestly hope it stops once it finishes part 1. Part 2 was a mess overall filled with anticlimactic arcs and abandoned characters and even the ending was like, "...maybe I shouldn't have made a part 2 after all...". It should be like Fist of the North Star and Rurouni Kenshin where they largely treat the series like the latter half doesn't exist.
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
690
Reaction score
962
Age
33
Country
Brazil
On the note of the CSM anime, I honestly hope it stops once it finishes part 1. Part 2 was a mess overall filled with anticlimactic arcs and abandoned characters and even the ending was like, "...maybe I shouldn't have made a part 2 after all...". It should be like Fist of the North Star and Rurouni Kenshin where they largely treat the series like the latter half doesn't exist.
Abandoned plot points aside. My biggest problem with part 2 is that there's way too many reattempts to capture the "power" type character again.

Asa was great. Yoru suck. And i much prefer the Nayuta from the ending of CSM part 1 over the one in part 2.
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,467
Reaction score
3,845
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
On the note of the CSM anime, I honestly hope it stops once it finishes part 1. Part 2 was a mess overall filled with anticlimactic arcs and abandoned characters and even the ending was like, "...maybe I shouldn't have made a part 2 after all...". It should be like Fist of the North Star and Rurouni Kenshin where they largely treat the series like the latter half doesn't exist.
I'm not ready for the eventual revisionism over PT2 when MAPPA makes a pretty anime out of that narrative dumpsterfire.

At least gun arc and international assassins will be great.... OST for Reze still lives in my head rent free.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Also on the note of anime, what's everyone's predictions on how the newer hits will perform when they're animated? My guesses are

  • Nue's Exorcist - this will be huge with the JP otaku fanbase getting tons of fanart and doujins and so on, but will be mostly overlooked otherwise and in the west unless it's really well animated
  • Kagurabachi - I think it'll be an above average big hit in Japan, and an absolute smash success in the west
  • Kiyoshi - it'll have a devoted but fairly small fanbase to begin with but then a meme from the series will cross into the mainstream and it'll take off for a while (like Mashle)
  • Shinobigoto - this'll be a relative disappointment, getting a small anime boost and never rising above an okay hit (unless the fujoshi audience really latches on)
  • Ichi the Witch - this will be a big hit for sure, maybe not immediately but it'll gradually grow into a true juggernaut since I expect it to be the new youtuber/influencer "You NEED to watch this anime!!!" series with tons of critical praise for s2's content (I also think it'll be a top cosplay darling, the outfits are fantastic in this series)
  • Someone Hertz - I think it'll be really big in Japan, maybe even a mainstream hit if it gets a good timeslot, but will have almost no fanbase whatsoever overseas
 

Kiaida

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2021
Messages
1,447
Reaction score
3,498
Country
United Nations
I'm not ready for the eventual revisionism over PT2 when MAPPA makes a pretty anime out of that narrative dumpsterfire.
No need for revisionism, I already think Part 2 is great and dislike the first season of the anime. lol

Also on the note of anime, what's everyone's predictions on how the newer hits will perform when they're animated? My guesses are
Nue's Exorcist: I already think it's on the path of becoming a Houshin Engi, Medaka Box sort of manga where a small group of hardcore readers will mention as a Jump cult classic more than the mainstream hits of its era. If the anime is well made, I can see it becoming one of these IPs that can show up in game collabs, get figures, Kawae gets invited to draw character designs in other places, etc, even if it's not mainstream.

Kagurabachi: I hope people aren't expecting Jujutsu Kaisen numbers for sure. It's unlikely because of the industry, people just buy more digital and some don't buy manga at all. But it'll be that sort of show with huge mainstream appeal and that'll be everywhere. Think it'll only lose to One Piece in Japan in relevance for the current shonen series, I guess numbers above Blue Lock. In the west, yeah, it's already a darling.

Kiyoshi: I don't think it'll do better than the Yozakura Family or Undead Unluck anime, but should be enough to get a full manga run.

Shinobigoto: I can see it having some character appeal because I saw some women gushing over the designs at a store once, not based on data or anything, so it's just a biased guess. If the anime is good, I can see it having a similar type of popularity Yozakura Family has, where it does better with kids and has some growth closer to the end.

Ichi: If something has a shot at being the number 2 shonen of the decade in Japan besides Kagurabachi, it's Ichi. I know it sells less as a manga, but I think Nishi's style and Usazaki's character designs may hit a larger group of casual anime viewers and kids. Iruma grew a lot after the anime, so maybe it could happen. Most likely it'll be the no. 3 of the decade, but that's already extremely good and should get a full adaptation. Don't think it'll do as well overseas, even if it's still a popular series.

Someone Hertz: Probably getting a great adaptation and should be pretty big in Japan. Don't think the west will care, but it's their loss.

Himaten: They're still promoting it and treating it as a hit manga, so there will probably be an anime announced this year. I think it'll be very nerfed because the manga ended and the ending is probably the most well known thing about it.

Ruri Dragon: Massive hit and I think backlog will fly off the shelves when the anime hits. I can see it being the second biggest of the year after Kagurabachi and it'll will be the most popular among otaku, becoming a big IP for merch. Kyoani will probably do a full adaptation with new seasons and movies every 2~3 years.
 
Last edited:

Broseph

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
925
Reaction score
1,492
Age
31
Country
United States
Reze movie saved the CSM franchise. Its opening in Japan was relatively average because the hype for the franchise was low (first season was disliked in Japan and Part 2 stunk) but Reze WoM caused it to have crazy legs. Before the movie dropped, I didn't expect it to do as good as the Haikyuu movie and only a few billion yen under JJK0 in Japan. That's the power of Reze lol, top tier waifu. Now CSM at least has the rest of P1 to adapt and the hype feels mostly back at least for that. I still think CSM's final run in Part 1 is the best ending in modern Jump with Haikyuu, probably up there as one of the best endings ever if it had truly ended there

And count me in as someone who thinks they shouldn't bother adapting Part 2. Asa was funny and had the potential to be a good character. Wish she was in a better series
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
690
Reaction score
962
Age
33
Country
Brazil
Also on the note of anime, what's everyone's predictions on how the newer hits will perform when they're animated? My guesses are

  • Nue's Exorcist - this will be huge with the JP otaku fanbase getting tons of fanart and doujins and so on, but will be mostly overlooked otherwise and in the west unless it's really well animated
  • Kagurabachi - I think it'll be an above average big hit in Japan, and an absolute smash success in the west
  • Kiyoshi - it'll have a devoted but fairly small fanbase to begin with but then a meme from the series will cross into the mainstream and it'll take off for a while (like Mashle)
  • Shinobigoto - this'll be a relative disappointment, getting a small anime boost and never rising above an okay hit (unless the fujoshi audience really latches on)
  • Ichi the Witch - this will be a big hit for sure, maybe not immediately but it'll gradually grow into a true juggernaut since I expect it to be the new youtuber/influencer "You NEED to watch this anime!!!" series with tons of critical praise for s2's content (I also think it'll be a top cosplay darling, the outfits are fantastic in this series)
  • Someone Hertz - I think it'll be really big in Japan, maybe even a mainstream hit if it gets a good timeslot, but will have almost no fanbase whatsoever overseas
- Kgb will be a smash hit

- Ruri will be an FOTM hit. It will get a lot fanfare when it's airing but immediately forgotten as soon as the season ends. It will be most shonenbabies first SOL anime.

- Dunno about Ichi. I think it will do stupid well if it gets UFO or A1 (only saying this because i think it MIGHT have the chance to get either one) but otherwise i think it will be a tame hit akin to elusive samurai's boost.

- I think Hertz will do as well as something like Blue box, Polar Opposites, Kaoru Hana but nothing special. It will be as big as the last big Shonen Jump romance anime but nothing akin to Silent Voice or 5toubun.

- Nue will do as well as Seihei Slave. The advantage is that Nue has meme magic potential so it will be abit of a wildcard.

- Kiyoshi and Shinobi will do worse than maybe akane. I think it will do badly even with a good studio.
 
Last edited:

RealityChecker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2025
Messages
656
Reaction score
298
Age
35
Country
Gotei 13
Also on the note of anime, what's everyone's predictions on how the newer hits will perform when they're animated? My guesses are

  • Nue's Exorcist - this will be huge with the JP otaku fanbase getting tons of fanart and doujins and so on, but will be mostly overlooked otherwise and in the west unless it's really well animated
  • Kagurabachi - I think it'll be an above average big hit in Japan, and an absolute smash success in the west
  • Kiyoshi - it'll have a devoted but fairly small fanbase to begin with but then a meme from the series will cross into the mainstream and it'll take off for a while (like Mashle)
  • Shinobigoto - this'll be a relative disappointment, getting a small anime boost and never rising above an okay hit (unless the fujoshi audience really latches on)
  • Ichi the Witch - this will be a big hit for sure, maybe not immediately but it'll gradually grow into a true juggernaut since I expect it to be the new youtuber/influencer "You NEED to watch this anime!!!" series with tons of critical praise for s2's content (I also think it'll be a top cosplay darling, the outfits are fantastic in this series)
  • Someone Hertz - I think it'll be really big in Japan, maybe even a mainstream hit if it gets a good timeslot, but will have almost no fanbase whatsoever overseas
Ruri Dragon: I think people has low expectations because it is a SOL manga, but be sure this will be a hit. I think whenever the anime starts airing, it will get massive backlogs and I really think it will become the number 1 of the season and the year. KyoAni has the touch and Ruri is already a massive hit.

Nue's Exorcist: It will do relatively well, and will become one of the year's best sellers. Will do good on merch, games and everything, but it won't be massive as others.

Kagurabachi: It will be a hit, but I really don't think it is gonna be as massive as people think it will be. I think after the anime, it will sell like 200K to 250K. It is big on the west, but I think people are really thinking it will be the new JJK when it will not.

Kiyoshi: I don't think it will do that well, it will be an anime for some and will not increase its sales.

Shinobigoto: It can grow, but not much. If the anime is good, it can be a new Yozakura.

Ichi: I think it has the potential to dethrone KGB as a shonen after the anime, because it has everything people likes: Carismatic characters, good fights, good drama, good comedic tropes and so. It just needs a competent studio like Cloverworks.

Someone Hertz: It will be big on Japan, but not outsell most of the WSJ.

Himaten: It will not do good in sales since the manga already ended.
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
690
Reaction score
962
Age
33
Country
Brazil
Someone on Twitter drop all the UD Volume 2 Extras

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Tanimoto gets a 10/10 for art from me. Like Hori, he can even make the most bland design stands out. Love how in shape everyone's head look.
 
Last edited:

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,027
Reaction score
2,452
Age
34
Country
Avatar
2. Akane-banashi: After all these chapters, every character has been shown and analyzed at this point, and we saw all kinds of possible Rakugo performances. There is only one who lived in the shadows, showed no interest for his chance to perform and whose turn we never asked for...so now that it is finally his turn, the curiosity is at top level! Go Zensho!
Yeah, go you afrobastard. :grin
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,474
Reaction score
39,401
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Someone on Twitter drop all the UD Volume 2 Extras

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Tanimoto gets a 10/10 for art from me. Like Hori, he can even make the most bland design stands out. Love how in shape everyone's head look.
"Someone on Twitter" lol it's @defensor_de_boruto, the nick & Kill Blue pfp is right there :grin
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,439
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
Predicting anime performance seems to be a fools errand at this point but why not.

- Ruri: I see no reason why this won't perform very well. The lack of volumes means that it probably won't put up an insane total number, but I expect a consistent and solid boost overall.
- Nue: I'm sure they'll merchandise the shit out of it and it'll get a bigger audience, but volume sales wise I think it'll be fairly minimal boost.
- KGB: Big boost, not KnY or JJK numbers but I could see it doubling or tripling it's 1st month sales.
- Kiyoshi: Minimal to no boost, but even that could double it's sales technically right?
- Ichi: Similar to KGB
- Shinobi: Minimal boost
- Hertz: Solid boost but not to the extent of the action hits, is 100k seller too much to ask?

These predictions didn't end up being very adventurous.
 

DrLazer

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2023
Messages
245
Reaction score
418
Age
19
Country
France
Okay, gonna try that too! I'll put a studio prediction too because it's fun.

Ruri : We already know it's KyoAni. So it will obviously be a big hit. Idk how much it will performs in terms of sold copies, but yeah, big boost for sure.
Nue's Exorcist : I believe in the Pierrot theory. Btw, do yall have the name of the AniP who followed the account? I can't find it. Anyway, with a good adaptation, I can see it perform well. A la EluSam in quality & fame-wise, but with a better boost.
KGB : Cygames Pictures of course. Will be a big hit. I think it will be a JJK like BUT NOT in sales numbers. I think most ppl will still buy it digitally, so we won't know much. I can see a JJK like in fame & hype because it will be "the" shonen of the year, I guess. + Good adaptation probably, might do wonders.
Kiyoshi : Sunrise..? Idk, I've got a feeling about either Sunrise or DProd. And DProd is too busy rn I think. Might be a bit popular but without a big boost.
Ichi : Drive or A-1 Pictures. Idk, just a feeling again. Will obviously be a big hit, maybe more than KGB, if it's a well done anime. Big boost and everything.
Shinobi Undercover : TMS maybe? With an okay-ish adaptation. Same situation as Kiyoshi, not a big boost, maybe trendy but not more. Or MAPPA with a big adaptation lol but don't think so
Someone Hertz : Studio Deen but with Souta Ueno as Director, or Cloverworks. Could do very well in Japan but ignored in the West, like everyone said before.

Hima-Ten! : Mid studio, full adaptation in 25 episodes or 3 seasons. Idk at all tbh but no boost since it ended already.

My heart wants to predict about UnDoc & Roku but that's definitely too soon lmao
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,084
Reaction score
1,980
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
"Someone on Twitter" lol it's @defensor_de_boruto, the nick & Kill Blue pfp is right there :grin
🤣 🤣

yeah i always post the volume once it releases!! :fiesta
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Btw while we're at it, the early design for shuri is sooooo cool
--- Double Post Merged, ---

 
Last edited by a moderator:

shillin65

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2024
Messages
189
Reaction score
487
Gender
Male
Country
United States
issue 36 votes
1. 2-B
2. Roku
3. Kiyoshi
4. Witch Watch
5. Nue

It took me like 2 days to read everything and i'm tired so i won't write a full review but pretty much everything was good this week barring the two series I don't particularly enjoy
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,474
Reaction score
39,401
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Under Doctor volume 2 is recommended by Demizu Posuka (The Promised Neverland), she praises the series main character:

"Haiji-sensei is usually calm and gentle, but secretly he's incredibly strong and a genius, and yet he still kind at heart. It's so impressive!"

 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,007
Reaction score
1,643
Age
36
Country
Australia
On the note of the CSM anime, I honestly hope it stops once it finishes part 1. Part 2 was a mess overall filled with anticlimactic arcs and abandoned characters and even the ending was like, "...maybe I shouldn't have made a part 2 after all...". It should be like Fist of the North Star and Rurouni Kenshin where they largely treat the series like the latter half doesn't exist.
The big difference was that the latter half of Rurouken was peak. And it was such an important emotional beat, character development and lore drop too. No idea if the anime remake adapted the latter half

The better comparison with csm part 2 is how everybody (EVEN the official anime and live action staff) pretend time skip Usagi Drop never existed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Okay, gonna try that too! I'll put a studio prediction too because it's fun.

Ruri : We already know it's KyoAni. So it will obviously be a big hit. Idk how much it will performs in terms of sold copies, but yeah, big boost for sure.
Nue's Exorcist : I believe in the Pierrot theory. Btw, do yall have the name of the AniP who followed the account? I can't find it. Anyway, with a good adaptation, I can see it perform well. A la EluSam in quality & fame-wise, but with a better boost.
KGB : Cygames Pictures of course. Will be a big hit. I think it will be a JJK like BUT NOT in sales numbers. I think most ppl will still buy it digitally, so we won't know much. I can see a JJK like in fame & hype because it will be "the" shonen of the year, I guess. + Good adaptation probably, might do wonders.
Kiyoshi : Sunrise..? Idk, I've got a feeling about either Sunrise or DProd. And DProd is too busy rn I think. Might be a bit popular but without a big boost.
Ichi : Drive or A-1 Pictures. Idk, just a feeling again. Will obviously be a big hit, maybe more than KGB, if it's a well done anime. Big boost and everything.
Shinobi Undercover : TMS maybe? With an okay-ish adaptation. Same situation as Kiyoshi, not a big boost, maybe trendy but not more. Or MAPPA with a big adaptation lol but don't think so
Someone Hertz : Studio Deen but with Souta Ueno as Director, or Cloverworks. Could do very well in Japan but ignored in the West, like everyone said before.

Hima-Ten! : Mid studio, full adaptation in 25 episodes or 3 seasons. Idk at all tbh but no boost since it ended already.

My heart wants to predict about UnDoc & Roku but that's definitely too soon lmao
Genuinely confused why you are "predicting" KGB when the first episode preview has literally been screened....
 
Top