Seinen Übel Blatt by Shiono Etorouji

erikrhys

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
326
Reaction score
2
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Übel Blatt Discussion Thread

could you PLEASE post a link to a site where i can directly download the scanned chapters...pleeeeaaaassseeeee Y-Y
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany

shego

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2007
Messages
137
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: Übel Blatt

Ey bump.

I've been reading a little of this ( vol0 and half of vol1 ) for the same reason I got into Claymore, Berserk is slow and I want some more sword & sorcery. So far it's okay, but I'm finding it a bit too loli and shota ( judging from Full Metal Alchemist, those Young GanGan people must really be into that ) and it's kinda disgusting. But is there a payoff other than when random fodder with silly german name gets butchered? Should I continue?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Übel Blatt

Ey bump.

I've been reading a little of this ( vol0 and half of vol1 ) for the same reason I got into Claymore, Berserk is slow and I want some more sword & sorcery. So far it's okay, but I'm finding it a bit too loli and shota ( judging from Full Metal Alchemist, those Young GanGan people must really be into that ) and it's kinda disgusting. But is there a payoff other than when random fodder with silly german name gets butchered? Should I continue?
FMA is in Shounen GanGan btw, not Young GanGan, which is a seinen magazine obviously. Art styles are a little more liberal in some of the mature series, definitely.
 

ChaosCloud

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
1,300
Reaction score
38
Gender
Hidden
Country
Singapore
Re: Übel Blatt

great thanks
 

thebolivian

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Übel Blatt

I just started reading this and I love it. I can't wait until the next chapter scans come out!!
 

hopeandlight

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Messages
491
Reaction score
92
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Übel Blatt

one of my favorites!!
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Übel Blatt

I picked it up.

It's good! Thanks for the thread! How is the release frequency on this one?
 

Tarou

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 26, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Übel Blatt

This manga...


is horrible..
 

urinnerchild87

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Übel Blatt

I really like this manga, it has everything I like about similar shounen mangas, but without the whiny moral dilemma's about killing (bad) people ;-).
 

Quetz

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
496
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Übel Blatt

This story tries to be epic and sort of fails. But it's still a pretty good read, just wish it was more consistent as far as release times go.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Übel Blatt

I think the story is just starting to take off. With the events in chapter 42 things seem to be about to getting very interesting.
I like the look of those four knights. The fairy obsessed scientist, and the warrior girl both look like potential future allies of Koinzell.
This story has a lot more promise than most of the other Seinen I've read. With the addition of a few more interesting characters and maybe just a little bit more humor this could be on my favorite list
 
Last edited:

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Übel Blatt

It kind of lacks the basic Seinen elements....it's like a PG-13 Disney movie. I got bored with that series, I'll give it time then take it back.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Übel Blatt

I suppose that's fair, it does seem to have a bit more common with Shonen than most Seinen series. Of course i view that as a good thing, but to each his own.
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Übel Blatt

I suppose that's fair, it does seem to have a bit more common with Shonen than most Seinen series. Of course i view that as a good thing, but to each his own.
I suppose so, still do nnot know why it's published ina seinen...Is the mangaka used to do shonen?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Übel Blatt

The author/artist is named Etorouji Shiono. I know he has done at least one other seinen series before Ubel Blatt. Something called "Brocken Blood", i know nothing about it except what is in the description. Doesn't sound like my sort of thing.:p

As for why it is a Seinen. My guess is Ubel Blatt is the kind of story that can only be told in a mature manga, with all the sex, brutal deaths, gore, and mutations(or whatever you call them).:amuse
 
Last edited:

chihoho

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
178
Reaction score
18
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands

a spoiler pic of vol.8
 
Last edited:
Top