Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's exactly like you predicted. First track is not my cup of tea, but the second one is amazing! :zomg

My next set will be a Sasuke avatar with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan on his right eye, the Rinnegan on his left eye and the Tenseigan on his forehead. My signature will contain a very emotional scene with Naruto making peace with Orochimaru, who took over Sarada's body, and Kawaki, who spiked Himawari's and Boruto's head on each end of his rod. :oh

By the way, I started to read Koe no Katachi. That teacher though...
I know right? I guess you forgot about it, but it's the track from that Fate AMV I did show you xD


Haha well, so it's Esdeath after all? xD Wasn't aware you actually saw or read Akame ga Kill, or maybe I forgot... Good choice anyway :D

Yeah I saw, sorry that I didn't answer any of it yet. I like your insights/thoughts almost always, just didn't get you to answer you yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Oh yeah, that AMV is terrific. I don't usually like AMVs, but this one uses a track and scenes which complement each other very well. Though, you can't do much wrong when you use Fate Zero elements (j/k).

I dropped Akame ga Kill after the first episode :lmao. As far as I can remember, I found the first episode, especially the MC, boring as hell. So, I never came to witness Esdeath. But I have a thing for gorgeous female characters wearing military-like uniforms :zomg. Sadly, I couldn't come up with a "creative" thread title. I wanted to write something in japanese, but since I can't build sentences, I gave up. Doesn't matter anyway. Once I finish Umineko (don't laugh! I know you do!), my set will automatically change like the portrait of Beato :hmph. By the way, I bought the steam-card and will start EP4 today :3. Be prepared for a lot of helpless rant!

No need to push yourself, really. You reply, when you reply.
 

A.ulq

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2016
Messages
323
Reaction score
659
Country
Uchiha Clan
Nice avatar you got there syx:blush so is Esdeath ur type?

I dropped Akame ga Kill after the first episode :lmao. As far as I can remember, I found the first episode, especially the MC, boring as hell. So, I never came to witness Esdeath. But I have a thing for gorgeous female characters wearing military-like uniforms :zomg. Sadly, I couldn't come up with a "creative" thread title
Normally I have something against the MCs since most of them are unbearably monotonous. Female characters like Esdeath are hard to come by and the fact that she is wearing a military uniform is very enticing:nod

The thread title itself is more than creative it just depends on what spectacles you're wearing.

What sort of games do play?
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Oh yeah, that AMV is terrific. I don't usually like AMVs, but this one uses a track and scenes which complement each other very well. Though, you can't do much wrong when you use Fate Zero elements (j/k).

I dropped Akame ga Kill after the first episode :lmao. As far as I can remember, I found the first episode, especially the MC, boring as hell. So, I never came to witness Esdeath. But I have a thing for gorgeous female characters wearing military-like uniforms :zomg. Sadly, I couldn't come up with a "creative" thread title. I wanted to write something in japanese, but since I can't build sentences, I gave up. Doesn't matter anyway. Once I finish Umineko (don't laugh! I know you do!), my set will automatically change like the portrait of Beato :hmph. By the way, I bought the steam-card and will start EP4 today :3. Be prepared for a lot of helpless rant!

No need to push yourself, really. You reply, when you reply.
I guess I like AMVs more than you, but this one is especially great, yeah. They complement each other really well indeed, an epic track and an epic series :hip

lol for shame, Esdeath is greatness in the series too. She actually gets interested in the MC quite a lot... xD Always remains badass though, and a damn monster power-wise, so that was a perfect choice for your set, considering I have a thing for that fetish too :p

I guess you have to ask someone who knows japanese, you could ask ahmad ;) And I'm definitely looking forward to that, though I thought you started to dislike her? :3

And I just did, though it's a bit short. Nothing much to add regarding the first part and with a series like that I think it's much easier to talk about the various characters once we're at the same point (meaning you finishing the manga XD). Good to hear that though, I prefer that approach too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Nice avatar you got there syx:blush so is Esdeath ur type?

Normally I have something against the MCs since most of them are unbearably monotonous. Female characters like Esdeath are hard to come by and the fact that she is wearing a military uniform is very enticing:nod

What sort of games do play?
Thank you. :3 Yeah, Esdeath looks really hot. Though, I don’t have a specific type. But the attire suits her very well.

I don’t like most MCs either. There are a lot of things which makes them uninteresting to follow, their retarded and unrealistic beliefs, logic or ideals are prime examples.

Currently, I’m playing the visual novel Umineko on my PC. I also bought Dark Souls 3 for PS4 recently, but I’m still at the very beginning. From time to time, I play Battlefield 1 on my PC. I plan to buy Persona 5, Nier Automata and Horizon Zero Dawn for PS4, but I’m waiting for the prices to fall, since I’m in no rush.

What about you? What kind of games do you play? Which mangas/animes do you follow?
I guess I like AMVs more than you, but this one is especially great, yeah. They complement each other really well indeed, an epic track and an epic series :hip

lol for shame, Esdeath is greatness in the series too. She actually gets interested in the MC quite a lot... xD Always remains badass though, and a damn monster power-wise, so that was a perfect choice for your set, considering I have a thing for that fetish too :p

I guess you have to ask someone who knows japanese, you could ask ahmad ;) And I'm definitely looking forward to that, though I thought you started to dislike her? :3

And I just did, though it's a bit short. Nothing much to add regarding the first part and with a series like that I think it's much easier to talk about the various characters once we're at the same point (meaning you finishing the manga XD). Good to hear that though, I prefer that approach too.
I’m barely a fan of AMVs. Especially, if I search for a specific scene and all I get are horrible AMVs, destroying every tiny bit of the scene. I’m still getting mad when I think about how desperately I searched for the Illya vs. Saber Alter fight…

I know that Akame ga Kill is well received overall, but that MC, ugh. Can’t remember the details anymore, obviously, but whenever I think of Akame ga Kill, the sentence "boring MC" pops up in my mind. I don’t consider myself as someone who judges a book by its cover, but the fact that the character design of the MC is also meh on top of it, probably further affected my decision to drop it asap. It’s a bummer that I didn’t get to see Esdeath though. Considering you (and A.ulq) speak highly of her makes me regret my decision a little bit.

Well, it’s not important enough that I would bother anyone to provide me a translation. I know there are quite some people who would gladly help me, if I were to ask.
 Anyway, I wasn’t saying I will change my set to Beato. My set will change to something Umineko-like, the same way the portrait of Beato instantly changed when Evatrice got "crowned", that is what I was referring to. And I don’t really dislike Beato. I am/was just heartbroken. :( She is an amazing antagonist so far and did a great number on me. She is like Chrollo, Hisako, the early Akatsukis, Isabella and so on. You can’t dislike them and you are always hyped to see them. Just her laugh makes her unforgettable. :lmao

KnK is a pretty straightforward series in my opinion, so I don’t expect much discussion anyway, unless it will get rather complicated in the future that is, I can’t tell for now.
 

A.ulq

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2016
Messages
323
Reaction score
659
Country
Uchiha Clan
What kind of games do you play?
I don't play much atm but when I get the chance I plan on playing Prey, Sniper Elite 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Tales of berseria and maybe outlast 2.
Which mangas/animes do you follow?
I am not into anime/manga these days, thinking of giving up on it for awhile since nothing piques my interest rn but am currently reading Yakusoku no Neverland,Berserk, BNHA and just waiting for Magi and FT to share the same fate as bleach.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I don't play much atm but when I get the chance I plan on playing Prey, Sniper Elite 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Tales of berseria and maybe outlast 2.
How much do you like Horizon? Does it live up to its hype?
I am not into anime/manga these days, thinking of giving up on it for awhile since nothing piques my interest rn but am currently reading Yakusoku no Neverland,Berserk, BNHA and just waiting for Magi and FT to share the same fate as bleach.
Normally, I would say that it's sad to hear, but if anime/manga doesn't entertain you anymore, then coming to an end with it seems to be the best course of action. Perhaps, you just need a time out from it, who knows. I dropped Magi - which was once a great series - after #322. Fairy Tail is a special case, though. It was never, at no time, a good series. However, the fact that every chapter feels like a hilarious fail compilation gives it some kind of charm. :lmao
 

A.ulq

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2016
Messages
323
Reaction score
659
Country
Uchiha Clan
How much do you like Horizon? Does it live up to its hype?

Normally, I would say that it's sad to hear, but if anime/manga doesn't entertain you anymore, then coming to an end with it seems to be the best course of action. Perhaps, you just need a time out from it, who knows. I dropped Magi - which was once a great series - after #322. Fairy Tail is a special case, though. It was never, at no time, a good series. However, the fact that every chapter feels like a hilarious fail compilation gives it some kind of charm. :lmao
I haven't played the game yet but the game is an instant classic in my eyes.The post apocalyptic
landscape itself is beautiful and It has one of most intriguing storylines so it's worth investing time in it.
Hopefully the game lives up to the hype, it seems stunning on every level so I doubt that it'll be disappointing.

I don't know why anime/manga doesn't entertain me anymore but it's best I drop it for awhile. You can probably says that most shounen manga are becoming a special case these days:rolleyes:
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I’m barely a fan of AMVs. Especially, if I search for a specific scene and all I get are horrible AMVs, destroying every tiny bit of the scene. I’m still getting mad when I think about how desperately I searched for the Illya vs. Saber Alter fight…

I know that Akame ga Kill is well received overall, but that MC, ugh. Can’t remember the details anymore, obviously, but whenever I think of Akame ga Kill, the sentence "boring MC" pops up in my mind. I don’t consider myself as someone who judges a book by its cover, but the fact that the character design of the MC is also meh on top of it, probably further affected my decision to drop it asap. It’s a bummer that I didn’t get to see Esdeath though. Considering you (and A.ulq) speak highly of her makes me regret my decision a little bit.

Well, it’s not important enough that I would bother anyone to provide me a translation. I know there are quite some people who would gladly help me, if I were to ask.
 Anyway, I wasn’t saying I will change my set to Beato. My set will change to something Umineko-like, the same way the portrait of Beato instantly changed when Evatrice got "crowned", that is what I was referring to. And I don’t really dislike Beato. I am/was just heartbroken. :( She is an amazing antagonist so far and did a great number on me. She is like Chrollo, Hisako, the early Akatsukis, Isabella and so on. You can’t dislike them and you are always hyped to see them. Just her laugh makes her unforgettable. :lmao

KnK is a pretty straightforward series in my opinion, so I don’t expect much discussion anyway, unless it will get rather complicated in the future that is, I can’t tell for now.
yeah I think the main problem is that there are so many awful to average AMVs out there, it's not that easy to stumble upon good to great ones. Though that's what accounts like "BestAMVsofalltime" are good for. I doubt you care though xD

Tatsumi (the MC) is just a pretty standard adventure story protag, the rest of the story and characters is what carries the series. It's not amazing in my eyes, but a good and entertaining story. Also really helps that it has Esdeath bc I love me some military uniform woman who is hax and badass. Oh well, there's better stuff to do, like continuing with Umineko :p

well your loss if you don't ask for help I guess ;) and yes, who could dislike Beato. Ah well, I really look forward to talking about her more later on, once you're somewhat into the answer arcs. Beaaaatriiiiiceeeeee!

Sounds about right :nod

And let's try with a game track this time:

 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
yeah I think the main problem is that there are so many awful to average AMVs out there, it's not that easy to stumble upon good to great ones. Though that's what accounts like "BestAMVsofalltime" are good for. I doubt you care though xD

Tatsumi (the MC) is just a pretty standard adventure story protag, the rest of the story and characters is what carries the series. It's not amazing in my eyes, but a good and entertaining story. Also really helps that it has Esdeath bc I love me some military uniform woman who is hax and badass. Oh well, there's better stuff to do, like continuing with Umineko :p

well your loss if you don't ask for help I guess ;) and yes, who could dislike Beato. Ah well, I really look forward to talking about her more later on, once you're somewhat into the answer arcs. Beaaaatriiiiiceeeeee!

Sounds about right :nod

And let's try with a game track this time:

Welp, yeah, I don't care for AMVs that much. The only AMV I still remember and will never forget:
This AMV will accompany me to my grave! Pure nostalgia! :zomg

I know you could rec me much better series than Akame ga Kill, so the chances of me picking it up is nearly zero. That means... only Bernkastel would be able to make me pick it up. :lmao (LOL I CAN MAKE UMINEKO JOKES!)
Besides, I'm at an okay pace with Umineko, now. You are not allowed to complain as long as I keep it up like this. :noworry I will definitely make Beato's laugh my ringtone and it won't concern me what other people might think about it. People who don't appreciate that laugh don't exist in my eyes, I'll simply deny them!

*downloads track* -> says enough, I think. I will play Nier anyway.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Welp, yeah, I don't care for AMVs that much. The only AMV I still remember and will never forget:
This AMV will accompany me to my grave! Pure nostalgia! :zomg

I know you could rec me much better series than Akame ga Kill, so the chances of me picking it up is nearly zero. That means... only Bernkastel would be able to make me pick it up. :lmao (LOL I CAN MAKE UMINEKO JOKES!)
Besides, I'm at an okay pace with Umineko, now. You are not allowed to complain as long as I keep it up like this. :noworry I will definitely make Beato's laugh my ringtone and it won't concern me what other people might think about it. People who don't appreciate that laugh don't exist in my eyes, I'll simply deny them!

*downloads track* -> says enough, I think. I will play Nier anyway.
Well... can't say I like it much, but I never was much of a Vegeta fan anyway XD I get the nostalgia factor though ;)

lol, not bad :XD
Yeah, fine :p Making that your ringtone sounds.... fascinating.

Didn't play it either, but the soundtrack is pretty good from the tracks I've heard. Might give a try at some point too.

Also I'm just going to dump some Umineko pictures here, hope you appreciate it : P

 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I don't really fast (I only slow) or practice religion, but thanks a lot, guys!
The same goes to you - best wishes for your families!
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
Good Ramadan @Gallon and @syx then :cookiehand
Though I wonder hhow hard it'll be to fast during summer:cookiestare
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh yeah , syx, I think I never asked you what were your favourite manga and why:wonder
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Yw :3

Ah right, it is summer in your place. It is dry season here.

How many hours do you usually have for fasting a day during summer? It is usually days being longer than nights, isn't it?
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yw :3

Ah right, it is summer in your place. It is dry season here.

How many hours do you usually have for fasting a day during summer? It is usually days being longer than nights, isn't it?
You're doing it too ?:wowsoBOB
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Good Ramadan @Gallon and @syx then :cookiehand
Though I wonder hhow hard it'll be to fast during summer:cookiestare
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh yeah , syx, I think I never asked you what were your favourite manga and why:wonder
Thank you very much, @Darky. :3
Well, let's not make it sound harder than it is, but yeah, during summer it's more "uncomfortable" due to the weather and the length of the fasting.

Here is my manga list, and here is my anime list.
If we talk only about manga, then these seem to be my favorites:
  • Death Note
  • Hunter X Hunter (dropped it though, won't continue it ever again)
  • Vinland Saga
  • Shingeki no Kyojin
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Orange
  • Koe no Katachi (halfway through the series)
  • Mahoutsukai no Yome
  • Yakusoku no Neverland

As for why, there are various reasons:
  • amazing executed mindgames (Neverland, Death Note, HxH to some degree)
  • well thought out battle system (HxH, Shingeki)
  • authentic character developments (HxH, Vinland, Tokyo Ghoul, Koe no Katachi, Mahoutsukai, Neverland)
  • cool fights (HxH, Vinland, Shingeki, Tokyo Ghoul)
  • antagonists you root for / antagonists you like to see / antagonists who have charimsa (HxH, Death Note, Tokyo Ghoul, Yakusoku)
  • struggles of life, which make you shed a tear (Orange, Koe no Katachi, Mahoutsukai, Vinland)
  • nice plot (every listed series)
  • great cast in terms of quality and quantity (every listed series, but Death Note, Vinland, Koe no Katachi, Mahoutsukai and Neverland fall a little bit short compared to the rest I think)
Yw :3

Ah right, it is summer in your place. It is dry season here.

How many hours do you usually have for fasting a day during summer? It is usually days being longer than nights, isn't it?
In Germany we fast between:
  • 03:50 to 21:28 (27th May)
  • 03:50 to 21:30 (28th May)
  • 03:49 to 21:31 (29th May)
and so on. :)

How is it for you?
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
In Germany we fast between:
  • 03:50 to 21:28 (27th May)
  • 03:50 to 21:30 (28th May)
  • 03:49 to 21:31 (29th May)
and so on. :)

How is it for you?
Hmm...18-19 hrs.. We fast from 4.13 to 17.21 (13 hrs). Nothing compared to you I know :sweatdrop
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx
Top