Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I read volumes 6-11 of SnK today. I re-read vol 5 last night since it'd been a while. I'm aiming to get another 3 done before bed.
  • There's a ton of mysteries/plot twists in this, I mustn't have understood the anime a bit lol. E.g I forgot about Eren's dad early in the anime. That's a huge mystery. He definitely injected Eren with titan power. I reckon he's the big ape deviant, ie not dead. Since he disappeared and seemingly he can turn humans into titans. Well whoever that deviant is he's scary.
  • I do remember some upcoming twists (e.g Ymir/Reiner/Bertolt revealing themselves as titans, Eren being able to control some fodder titans). There's decent foreshadowing for each of the titan-humans, except Ymir.
  • I wonder how far we dive into mystery though. Like, the ape deviant is a bit out there. Will need some good explainage, so I'll wait for that.
  • Characters are fine. Eren too, I don't get why he's disliked so much. Levi is definitely the best ; ) Sasha too, and I'm aware of what happened recently so I'm not getting too attached.
  • Not exactly big on the Eren x Mikasa ship, but I support it because it's what Mikasa wants. Personally would love Levi x Mikasa :zomg (okay, no, they are related). Armin x Christa Lenz.
  • I do skim some parts where people are talking about how fkd up their world is.
  • Art is very good imo. I do like that frenzied/fkd up look. Also usually a lot of detail in the backgrounds. Prefer the manga to the anime.
So far, 8 on MAL :derp
Pretty easy to see why this is one of the biggest series atm. I don't think it's overrated. It's not the best thing ever either but geez I've read many worse lol.
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
Why I was always under impression that you're up to date with SnK Don?

If I knew I wouldn't spoil you that Annie still didn't come back :lambirb
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Why I was always under impression that you're up to date with SnK Don?

If I knew I wouldn't spoil you that Annie still didn't come back :lambirb
I've seen the anime to end of S2. Manga is like ch45ish atm, which feels about 5 or so chaps off the end of S2.

Annie x Eren btw ; )
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I read volumes 6-11 of SnK today. I re-read vol 5 last night since it'd been a while. I'm aiming to get another 3 done before bed.
  • There's a ton of mysteries/plot twists in this, I mustn't have understood the anime a bit lol. E.g I forgot about Eren's dad early in the anime. That's a huge mystery. He definitely injected Eren with titan power. I reckon he's the big ape deviant, ie not dead. Since he disappeared and seemingly he can turn humans into titans. Well whoever that deviant is he's scary.
  • I do remember some upcoming twists (e.g Ymir/Reiner/Bertolt revealing themselves as titans, Eren being able to control some fodder titans). There's decent foreshadowing for each of the titan-humans, except Ymir.
  • I wonder how far we dive into mystery though. Like, the ape deviant is a bit out there. Will need some good explainage, so I'll wait for that.
  • Characters are fine. Eren too, I don't get why he's disliked so much. Levi is definitely the best ; ) Sasha too, and I'm aware of what happened recently so I'm not getting too attached.
  • Not exactly big on the Eren x Mikasa ship, but I support it because it's what Mikasa wants. Personally would love Levi x Mikasa :zomg (okay, no, they are related). Armin x Christa Lenz.
  • I do skim some parts where people are talking about how fkd up their world is.
  • Art is very good imo. I do like that frenzied/fkd up look. Also usually a lot of detail in the backgrounds. Prefer the manga to the anime.
So far, 8 on MAL :derp
Pretty easy to see why this is one of the biggest series atm. I don't think it's overrated. It's not the best thing ever either but geez I've read many worse lol.
Good to see you are reading SNK,this is my favourite ongoing Shounen manga.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I read volumes 6-11 of SnK today. I re-read vol 5 last night since it'd been a while. I'm aiming to get another 3 done before bed.
  • There's a ton of mysteries/plot twists in this, I mustn't have understood the anime a bit lol. E.g I forgot about Eren's dad early in the anime. That's a huge mystery. He definitely injected Eren with titan power. I reckon he's the big ape deviant, ie not dead. Since he disappeared and seemingly he can turn humans into titans. Well whoever that deviant is he's scary.
  • I do remember some upcoming twists (e.g Ymir/Reiner/Bertolt revealing themselves as titans, Eren being able to control some fodder titans). There's decent foreshadowing for each of the titan-humans, except Ymir.
  • I wonder how far we dive into mystery though. Like, the ape deviant is a bit out there. Will need some good explainage, so I'll wait for that.
  • Characters are fine. Eren too, I don't get why he's disliked so much. Levi is definitely the best ; ) Sasha too, and I'm aware of what happened recently so I'm not getting too attached.
  • Not exactly big on the Eren x Mikasa ship, but I support it because it's what Mikasa wants. Personally would love Levi x Mikasa :zomg (okay, no, they are related). Armin x Christa Lenz.
  • I do skim some parts where people are talking about how fkd up their world is.
  • Art is very good imo. I do like that frenzied/fkd up look. Also usually a lot of detail in the backgrounds. Prefer the manga to the anime.
So far, 8 on MAL :derp
Pretty easy to see why this is one of the biggest series atm. I don't think it's overrated. It's not the best thing ever either but geez I've read many worse lol.
Awesome, someone shares his thoughts on a series in my thread. <3

I had to check where you are, and wow... there is still so much for you to explore in SnK. :zomg Not saying you are slow and should pick up pace, it's just an observation. : )

In any case, yeah the mysteries and plot twists are one of the big plus points of this series and which made me hooked on SnK. Obviously, I can't say much about your theories, but what I can say is that a lot of stuff - which you also pointed out in your post - will be answered in the future. I hope that much of a spoiler won't hurt you. I'm really interested in how you will receive the reveals and you think about them. The opinions are quite divided about it. It's a great challenge for authors to satisfy the audience with reveals, especially when you included so many mysteries in your series. I'm not one of those who disliked the latest big reveals, but they are far from mindblowing, hence I still enjoy the series a lot.

Levi is the obvious pick for favorite character, no need to delve further into it. The cast in general is great in my opinion. Armin, Hange, Erwin, Mikasa, Sasha, Pixis, there is a lot of variety. Eren is the MC, and thus by default has to do more than others to get at the top of my list, haha. I don't dislike him though. He has a lot of great moments and isn't your usual shounen character, which I admire about him. But there are parts in the manga where the author didn't handle him well, however I think you are not there yet.

Good to see you enjoy the series. :zomg An 8 from Brandish is like a 10 in my eyes. =)
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Oooooh now I know why you pm'd me out of the blue.

You want me to post Sakura pics, right? :3c
#ShamelessKiki
#SlapableKiki
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Oooooh now I know why you pm'd me out of the blue.

You want me to post Sakura pics, right? :3c
#ShamelessKiki
#SlapableKiki
Uhmmm, actually no.

Not so long ago, you offered to share some Sakura Miyawaki pictures here, but for whatever reason kept them back. So, my expectations towards you is at a minimum currently, bro.



Apart from this, you also raised some suspicion by never stating Sakura Miyawaki's surname in your posts, which make me think that your goal is to troll me by spamming Sakura Haruno pictures once I take the bait, hence I always use Sakura Miyawaki's full name as response as a defensive measure.

ready for the next wave of Sakura pics, big bro? :heh


There are enough charming people who provide me awesome pictures from time to time without any ulterior motives or myself begging for them. I'll just have to wait and chill.



This was syx.



I love you nonetheless. : )
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Apart from this, you also raised some suspicion by never stating Sakura Miyawaki's surname in your posts, which make me think that your goal is to troll me by spamming Sakura Haruno pictures once I take the bait, hence I always use Sakura Miyawaki's full name as response as a defensive measure.
No lol Kiki likes Sakura Haruno?????


Didn't I mention her surname on Slack? :?bunny

actually I was worried I would be considered spammy and annoying since other people also stop by in this thread too, after all it's not related to manga/anime, and now that I know you felt objected, I am glad I didn't spam :) Phew

Thanks for loving me :) I love you too :)
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
No lol Kiki likes Sakura Haruno?????


Didn't I mention her surname on Slack? :?bunny

actually I was worried I would be considered spammy and annoying since other people also stop by in this thread too, after all it's not related to manga/anime, and now that I know you felt objected, I am glad I didn't spam :) Phew

Thanks for loving me :) I love you too :)
There, there... do whatever you think is right.

 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Btw, do you play Fortnite?
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Ah I see... I was wondering. Because Sakura-chan plays it : D She even has her own gaming channel on YouTube!
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I think a couple of my friends play/played Fortnite (and PUBG), but I missed the train to join them due to my lack of motivation. I played Counter-Strike Global Offensive some months ago which gave me some nostalgic feelings at first. However, I grew tired of it rather quickly, because the community is extremely annoying. That's why I stick to Single Player games at the moment such as Uncharted, RDR2, LA Noire and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Ah I see... I was wondering. Because Sakura-chan plays it : D She even has her own gaming channel on YouTube!
Is her channel fun to watch?
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
I think a couple of my friends play/played Fortnite (and PUBG), but I missed the train to join them due to my lack of motivation. I played Counter-Strike Global Offensive some months ago which gave me some nostalgic feelings at first. However, I grew tired of it rather quickly, because the community is extremely annoying. That's why I stick to Single Player games at the moment such as Uncharted, RDR2, LA Noire and Horizon Zero Dawn.


Is her channel fun to watch?
oooh... sokka sokka :nod A game's purpose is to relieve our stress but sometimes it stresses us out instead lol :lmao

I think it is.. She turns out to be a gamer. I thought she was just a generic idol lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z0cgZPBa2szfJcrJdfYvA
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx
Top