Discussion 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: WORLD CUP

While I was at Sears the other day waiting for the worker to finalize delivery info on our new Refrigerator, I caught a little bit of the Brazil-France game while watching it on one of these huge HD TVs. I'm not much of a soccer fan, but that game was just so colorful, it was kinda easy on the eyes, and I had nothing to do.

I kept waiting for Brazil to do something stunning, but they never did.

Congrats to France I guess. Even a complete soccer n00b like me knewthat Brazil was one of the big guns in that sport.
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: WORLD CUP

GK posting in the WC thread!!! The end is near!
 

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
32
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: WORLD CUP

rykarreolacr said:
GK posting in the WC thread!!! The end is near!
Oh wow, lets celebrate...
Wait, the end?!

France played really well against Brazil, but I don't think Brazil was at their best...
Germany has a good chance to win this year, they have the whole country on their side, so that means the "hypeness" is different from the rest. Germany'll be at their 110 percent... xP

Portugal has a good chance too.. ;)
 

Rampages

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
1,032
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: WORLD CUP

rykarreolacr said:
Now you say we are a plague? And stupid people? Oh no... I better just control myself and stop hanging out here.
I can accept bashing my team, but when you start messing with people and my country...
Bye.

See, saying things like "we" doesn't help. I said there are some people who exagerate where I live when their soccer team wins, and they happen to be italian. I have nothing against you or italians, but certain people just go overboard. Why do you have to make other people waste their time on a hot summer day in traffic ? If you want to celebrate, then go ahead, just don't stay in the middle of the streets and start raising huge italian flags from one end of the street to the other...your bothering police officers, normal people for simply your own pleasure.

This behaviour is probably normal in Europe, but where I live(where not everyone watches the world cup, yeah crazy world wtv :p ) it gets everyone in a bad mood and so a lot of people start bashing on italians, and doing stupid stuff like picking fights with them and bullying them. Wear italian clothes, thats cool, but don't disturb people by making noise at 3am in the morning when your coming back from a party after every game...

Anyways, Italians are a fine people in general, so let's not generalize them in negative ways. That goes for all other countries.
 

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
32
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: WORLD CUP

Rampage, your a bit late, we've dropped that subject and mooooving on.... >_>
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: WORLD CUP

@ Rampage: I had a feeling it was something like that, but you do realize you started directly addressing rykar as somebody who did that as well?

I have nothing against you or italians, but certain people just go overboard. Why do you have to make other people waste their time on a hot summer day in traffic ? If you want to celebrate, then go ahead, just don't stay in the middle of the streets and start raising huge italian flags from one end of the street to the other...your bothering police officers, normal people for simply your own pleasure.
That's exactly what you said people shouldn't do: generalizing.

Anyway, it's best to be very careful when you make comments like that, because this is an international community, and while words won't break any bones, it sure creates for a lot of misunderstandings.

Let's be civil here, alright?
 

Rampages

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
1,032
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: WORLD CUP

Yes, yes m'lord, we are in dangerous territory indeed, but some people just look for trouble when they have no reason to. That frustrates me so I start saying words like "you" and "your". I would take it back if I could.
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: WORLD CUP

Just use "one" instaed and your posts will not contain this much "dynamite".

I just hope that tomorrow will pass by peacefully. I hope that the fans from the losing team (may it be Germany or Italy) will stay calm.
Friends of mine go to Dortmund to watch the game publically but I'll stay at home although it's only some km away from my home. I'm a little sissy when it comes to such huge crowds. :p
 

Rampages

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
1,032
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: WORLD CUP

aDaMz said:
Rampage, your a bit late, we've dropped that subject and mooooving on.... >_>
I only log in once a day, dude >.>
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: WORLD CUP

Miso said:
Just use "one" instaed and your posts will not contain this much "dynamite".

I just hope that tomorrow will pass by peacefully. I hope that the fans from the losing team (may it be Germany or Italy) will stay calm.
Friends of mine go to Dortmund to watch the game publically but I'll stay at home although it's only some km away from my home. I'm a little sissy when it comes to such huge crowds. :p
I'd protect you if I could XD
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: WORLD CUP

Gold Knight said:
I'd protect you if I could XD
Why? No planes from USA to Germany tonight? :P(or morning, it's 3 am here in europe)
 

lipos

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: WORLD CUP

well its 2 am in portugal :D
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: WORLD CUP

Only 8 minutes left till germany-italy...damn I cant wait =)
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: WORLD CUP

It's already started. Too many chances for Italy until now, but still no goal.
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: WORLD CUP

ibra87 said:
It's already started. Too many chances for Italy until now, but still no goal.
its a fair match...good chances for both teams...
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: WORLD CUP

des said:
its a fair match...good chances for both teams...
I never said germany had no chances :P...
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

Half time. A proper semi-final, yes! Italy are just edging for me, though both teams are going for it. Am pleased with the Ref. Not letting pressure get to him, keeping his cool and being fair.
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Re: WORLD CUP

Hard to admit, but because of an opportunity at work, I made a bet at football, that Germany will win this match.
Hard to admit, because I don't gamble usually ....... but if you can gain money for free ....

Sorry to our eager Italy fan - ryka. :darn
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: WORLD CUP

Predator said:
Hard to admit, but because of an opportunity at work, I made a bet at football, that Germany will win this match.
Hard to admit, because I don't gamble usually ....... but if you can gain money for free ....

Sorry to our eager Italy fan - ryka. :darn
You really shouldn't be so sure. Miracles happens :o
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: WORLD CUP

germany is back at playing soccer...go go go we need a goal =) *tension is driving me crazy*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top