Discussion - 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikamaru86

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Re: WORLD CUP

well besides rooting for Brazil (my homeland!!!), i'd like to see japan go forward, mostly because of Zico, and they have an ok team. I wanna see if this year argentina and france are going home early again... we are kind of rooting for usa to leave first, well, italy is there and Czech Republic, and they not that bad.

we're going for 6th championship!!!!!

CheckMate

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Shikamaru86 said:
I wanna see if this year argentina and france are going home early again... we are kind of rooting for usa to leave first, well, italy is there and Czech Republic, and they not that bad.

we're going for 6th championship!!!!!
yep yep, france and argentina has potential to go home early, including in this group are england, netherland, and spain.
luckily for germany, it's home for them :p

brazil has the strongest team now;, but (as for shinobi) in soccer, the most important thing is team work, never forget that :)

karasu

Reaction score
Country
Australia

well.. i'm supporting the asian team :D
go japan! go korea!
japan will beat brazil... like they always do.... in manga...

i'll go to the pub (I'm in australia) for the Japan vs Australia match wearing the japanese jersey...
i'll post my dying wills somewhere in MH... look forward to "unidentified corpse tortured by enraged supporters at Jimmy's" headline...
LOL.....

Bibichan

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I don't think we (Germany) are going to make it past the preliminaries. Maybe to round before the quarterfinal, but that's the most. But Germany has never failed to surprise everyone. Imo Schweinsteiger might cause some problems. He's been rather rough in the duels the past couple of matches. That could lead to a red-card. I'll probably support Germany, if we get far, but at the moment I support Japan, the Czech Republic and Australia.

Off-topic: I'm probably going to go watch the Japanese team train tomorrow, because they're staying in my home city. :D

CheckMate

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Bibichan said:
I don't think we (Germany) are going to make it past the preliminaries. Maybe to round before the quarterfinal, but that's the most. But Germany has never failed to surprise everyone. Imo Schweinsteiger might cause some problems. He's been rather rough in the duels the past couple of matches. That could lead to a red-card. I'll probably support Germany, if we get far, but at the moment I support Japan, the Czech Republic and Australia.
hey, i have great faith in germany, never give up :p

and i think you have more chance than australia and japan (which one of them will be eliminated in group stage)

anyway, go germany :)

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

NOT LONG TO GO!!!!

Divine

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Well, I will be rooting for the underdogs. Its fun rooting for underdogs. :whoo If they win, we will be extremely happy :dance; if they lose, we just say :rant 'what do you expect? they are underdogs, right?" ....lol :XD.

Not really. Just find it fun to root for underdogs for no reason.

REMEMBER DO NOT PLAY BETS :thumbs. football is unpredictable.

CheckMate

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Divine said:
yeps, football is only for fun

say no to gambling :p

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

This country is MAD for betting on football. I don't because i don't have the money in the first place! hah!

In your respective countries, are people flying flags on their cars yet and have stores put flags in their windows? England goes crazy at World Cup time. It's bigger than Xmas I think.

Bibichan

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Kadoman said:
In your respective countries, are people flying flags on their cars yet and have stores put flags in their windows? England goes crazy at World Cup time. It's bigger than Xmas I think.
In my part of the city, there are countless flags. The thing is, it says "Samurai Blue 2006" on them. :p
In the shops in the city centre World Cup stuff gets practically thrown at you. The whole thing has been commercialized to the point that it's not funny anymore. Every second tv advertisement has something to do with soccer or the World Cup. It's annoying as hell, but I still can't wait until it starts.

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Samurai Blue!!! Wooo! That is so cool. I'm an aussie (though living in london) and we gotta play Japan!! Argh! I do'nt think we aussies stand a chance! :(

pengganas

Reaction score

whatever i think Brazil win world cup....
why??? i can feel it

abdulahi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Kadoman said:
did I just mention David Beckham and Naruto in the same sentence?!?!)..
lol nice link there Kadoman, im going to support becks with you, although his not in his prime, and i have to admit i dont like him very much, he is a top player when it comes to doing his job, which as a midflieder is to cross the ball to the attackers, and can anyone disagree that he is one of the best crossers in the world.

Amano said:
We still believe, we still believe... we still believe, its coming home, its coming, footballs coming home ... Three lions on the shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming ,No more years of hurt, no more need for dreaming... Its coming home its coming ...
what a beautiful song, brings back memories, for those who dont know, this is a qoute from one of englands best known football songs. by i believe frank skinner and two other guys whos name escapes me for the 1998 world cup. but now its like a theme song for england in world and euro cups.

karasu said:
japan will beat brazil... like they always do.... in manga...
Lol personally i would love to see that, if them two play, all cheers to japan on my end.

Divine said:
as kadoman said already, England is absolutely crazy about world cup and espically in london there are so many betting places its crazy, i got at least 10 bookies(betting shops) in a mile radious to my house, even though i dont bet due unbelieve unluck, betting is sometimes fun.

few more days, few more days and the worlds most watched event begins and i for one cant wait, first game, Germany vs Costa Rica, GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Costa :smile-big

karasu

Reaction score
Country
Australia

guys..i'm proposing a fun betting game in another thread... look for "world cup - prediction and 'imaginary' betting" thread :D

xallisto

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

The band was Lightning Seeds and Frank Skinner

abdulahi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

name of the song was "Three Lions" and it was the official song of the England football team for the 1996 European Championships, which were held in England. The music was written by The Lightning Seeds, with comedians David Baddiel and Frank Skinner providing the lyrics.
thanks for the reminder xallisto :leepose

Divine

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

dula said:
as kadoman said already, England is absolutely crazy about world cup and espically in london there are so many betting places its crazy, i got at least 10 bookies(betting shops) in a mile radious to my house, even though i dont bet due unbelieve unluck, betting is sometimes fun.
Are the bookies/betting shops legal? A mile radius and there's at least 10, thats a lot. But, there no such thing in my place/country (I think), but people bet with friends directly.

karasu said:
guys..i'm proposing a fun betting game in another thread... look for "world cup - prediction and 'imaginary' betting" thread :D
This could be fun.

karasu

Reaction score
Country
Australia

that's why..everyone, come and participate..
we've just got 4 people betting now (all for germany apparently...)
more people, more fun...

Bibichan

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

My city (or more specifically the part I'm living in) is officially going crazy. :nod Like I said before, the Japanese press centre is just a bit further down the street in a museum (unfortunately, it's not my street anymore there) and they put a Samurai Blue flag in every letter box with a note asking everyone to hang them out of the windows. You'd better not support Germany in that street. :p

abdulahi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Divine said:
Are the bookies/betting shops legal? A mile radius and there's at least 10,
yeah its very legal and its to much if you ask me, i personally dont mind betting, but you know theres a problem when there the same number of bookies as newsagents, its bit to much i believe.

off i go to bet in karasu thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.