Discussion - 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

karasu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: WORLD CUP

i'll be wearing the Samurai Blue jersey on 12th of June :D
or..should i wait for the result? if they beat australia, then i'll walk out wearing the jersey.. and if they lost, then i'd be wearing something else... (i'm a cowardly fan.. :D)

cmon people..with the addition of dula, it's now 5 people (all betting on germany..)
the more the merrier..[br]Posted on: June 07, 2006, 07:33:40 AM_________________________________________________* still soccer but not world cup so.. off-topic*

did any of you guys remember euro 2004 final where greece kicked the home team portugal's ass?
any of you remember the betting rate for that match?
i was pretty sure it was really an upsetting match for many people..
and i remember there's a lot of news about people losing so much money coz of that match..
i was talking about soccer during dinner with my family today.. and this subject was up..
but i can't remember the betting rate... the rate for greece to win was over 10 i suppose?
hm..wikipedia sez "The success of Greece, who had never won a single match in their previous appearances in any finals tournament, was totally unexpected (Bloomberg reports that UK bookmakers gave them 100-1 odds at winning prior to the tournament)"

100 to 1..fyuh..

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

WHOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

First match is 2 minutes from starting!!!!

YEAH!!!

walkie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey

finally world cup has begun...we will eat, drink, talk and sleep with football for a month and 2 weeks :D well at least for most of european and south american people...

this world cup will be better in general from the previous one, i believe...brazil is sure biggest favorite for cup..when brazil is playing good, there are only two teams in cup who can defeat them; france and argentina...so everything will depend on brazil, but be aware of england this time ;)

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Well, I've lost my bet as I type. Doh. Germany 2 Costarica 1. My best was 3-0 Doh. Still excting though! Cannot wait for tomorrow England plays Paraguay!

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica

Well, the match is over!!! Germany vs Costa Rica 4-2!!!!
Never underestimate Costa Rica!!!!

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Yeah, well, I think it had a little more to do with Germany's defence being about as strong as Chouji's will to diet than Costarica's excellent attacking force!! But yeah, pretty good that the first match of the WC was full of goals - the ball is lighter and moves better through the air apparently - strikers dream - keepers nightmare!

karasu

Reaction score
Country
Australia

how many thinks that the home bias is too big?
i thought i saw couples of fouls by Germans which are not called and some of them really deserved cards?

sloppy defending on both sides..
and what's up with germany, i know they emphasize a lot on side attacks and headings, but their headers are not as good as usual and most of the crossings are not good, either too forced or not well aimed...
costaricans, lots and lots of blunders... pass didn't flow at all.. wanchope was good though..even though both of his goals are offside, i believe.. he's centimeters behind the last defenders..

Bibichan

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Kadoman said:
Yeah, well, I think it had a little more to do with Germany's defence being about as strong as Chouji's will to diet than Costarica's excellent attacking force!!
Love that expression. XD

But yeah, pretty good that the first match of the WC was full of goals - the ball is lighter and moves better through the air apparently - strikers dream - keepers nightmare!
Indeed. Did you see Frings's goal? That shot was awesome! I'm glad I did not stand in that ball's way. :p

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I KNOW! Awesome...like a bullet man. This is gonna be a good WC for goals..I know it!

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Germany to win xD we gonna own the whole wm (: *lol*

Bibichan

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

des said:
Germany to win xD we gonna own the whole wm (: *lol*
Where I live it sounds like we already won. XD Huge party going on in the neighbourhood.

Btw I think you mean "WC" for World Cup, not "WM" for the German word "Weltmeisterschaft". ;)

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

WM?WC? Oh shit yeah I am so used to that word already maybe because of that brainwashin going on. 1000 times a day hearing that word, everywhere !!!! (:

walkie

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

germany:4 costa rica:2

great macth indeed...i enjyed that one..but if germany want to defeat teams like france and brazil, they need to shape up their defence

siegfried

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

What?did someone said usa?LMAO.do people in usa even play football?it is 20 earlier for them to win the cup if they dont transfer some quality players like christiano ronaldo,ronaldinho etc.

here are my favourites:mexico,spain and portugal.netherlands was used to be one of my favoutites but they started to play defensive football.

england and germany are too boring to watch.germany was pure lucky to play the final in the previous WC.they cant be that lucky this time.

and beckham is one of the plainest players I have ever seen.I can count 200 players better than beckham.he is playing "right back" in real madrid.he is not talented enough to play midfielder.

vlado

Reaction score

nice mach , but the german defence really sucked , i wasn't expecting costa to do any damage :D

walkie

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

england:1 paraguay:0

i most say i was dissapointed that game...i was expecting more from england...:(

CheckMate

Reaction score
Country
Australia

vlado said:
nice mach , but the german defence really sucked , i wasn't expecting costa to do any damage :D
yeah germany needs to pay attention on their df.

and england is so damn lucky today, the match should have ended by a draw.

but next, sweden would beat T&T by 2 goals

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

England sucked as usual. It just wouldn't be England if they didn't.:) They always scrape through however. And after Sweden (how bad was today for them?!?!) and Trini draw, England only have to beat Sweden a couple of days time and they'll go through anyway.

Watching the Sweden V Trini game was entertaining. Never underestimate the underdog in a WC - esp. because underdogs have got something to play for - their pride! Sweden will be pissed off.

Rooney didn't play because he's injured. Owen was inexplicably taken off and replaced with a midfielder nobody's heard of. Thank God Sven is going. Becks, Cole and Crouch were awesome. Three man show, unfortunately. Boring match overall. First half was bizzare (own goal, injured goal keeper, stops and starts, ball spent more time out of play than it did in) and second half was as boring as chapter 310. In fact, I think I'd rather have been reading chapter 310. :smile-big

walkie

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

sweden and T&T was a daw game...well it was a suprise but i never thought sweden is really a very good team..yes they are ok and strong then most teams but that is it...they are not in very strong level, but in strong level..so their mathes will be over right after group matches....

Kadoman said:
Rooney didn't play because he's injured. Owen was inexplicably taken off and replaced with a midfielder nobody's heard of. Thank God Sven is going. Becks, Cole and Crouch were awesome. Three man show, unfortunately. Boring match overall.
owen was taken off because england want to guarentee their 3 points...main idea is not to pushing too hard at the first game..that is logical but not necessary i think..if you believe you are strong enough to challenge championship, you should not play with one attacker whatever the score is...

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

T&T impressed me with their spirit against Sweden. So yes, it was very fun to watch. :) Especially the goalie they had to bring in - what was his name? I knew it earlier, but it escapes me now. Pavlop or something? Crap. WHy is my mind escaping me?

Edit: HISLOP. Thanks to you_know_who for reminding me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.