Discussion - 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

WaLkiE said:
owen was taken off because england want to guarentee their 3 points...main idea is not to pushing too hard at the first game..
Which is a mistake because what happens is the team loses the impetus to attack and ends up defending too deeply - which is what happened to England. OK, they were lucky that Paraguay is a pretty crap team to begin with. Had they used this approach with a stronger team, they'd have been toast. The only time a team should protect a 1-0 socreline is when they're Italian and have mastered that boring technique, but even the Italians realised that 1. playing a defensive game is boring and 2. 9 times out of 10 the oppoosition is going to equalise 4 mintues from time (as usually happens).

First game or not, England cannot afford to sit back and protect a measly 1-0 lead (that they didn't even score). They must show more aggression and keep going forward as Argentina did last night. In fact, sad to say, England have the only team Ive watche so far who gave up going forward.

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica

Hey hey, even us Italians don't play like that anymore and we have practically 3 strikers playing on the field at the same time.
We didn't won 3 WC by defending (and if we did defend, it worked XD)
Even Raruto roots for Italy!!! (check out my avatar)

CheckMate

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Tanuki-dono said:
T&T impressed me with their spirit against Sweden. So yes, it was very fun to watch. :) Especially the goalie they had to bring in - what was his name? I knew it earlier, but it escapes me now. Pavlop or something? Crap. WHy is my mind escaping me?
shaka hislop? :p

YE~ah! That's it! *bonks head* Thanks. I feel officially stupid now, heehee. :P -Tanuki

yes, after germany vs crc, sweden vs T&T is the second best, up until now

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

rykarreolacr said:
Hey hey, even us Italians don't play like that anymore and we have practically 3 strikers playing on the field at the same time.
Exactly! And hey, I'm a big fan of the Italians! What a tough group you guys got! I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys do agaisnt CZE and more interestingly, the USA. Those guys are generally good athletes and gave a good account of themselves last WC. Here's hoping you top your group!

Zero1986

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Since when did Greece win the 2004 World Cup? I was under the impression it was Brazil that won it.

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Zero1986 said:
Since when did Greece win the 2004 World Cup? I was under the impression it was Brazil that won it.
Uh...where did that question come from? :D Anyway, Greece won Euro 2005. And it was a complete shock.

CheckMate

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Zero1986 said:
2004 portugal is euro cup, and the winner is greece

Kadoman said:
Exactly! And hey, I'm a big fan of the Italians! What a tough group you guys got! I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys do agaisnt CZE and more interestingly, the USA. Those guys are generally good athletes and gave a good account of themselves last WC. Here's hoping you top your group!
i am also a bog fan of italy, but i think the real threat comes from CZECH.
those eastern europe countries would be surprising this WC.
yeah i am talking about serbia and ukraine as well

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

you_know_who said:
2004 portugal is euro cup, and the winner is greece
Doh...my bad. Of course it was 2004.

And yeah, I agree about the threat from CZE. Eastern Europeans have always done well traditionally.

JeffDoogins

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Kadoman said:
Uh...where did that question come from? :D Anyway, Greece won Euro 2005. And it was a complete shock.
yeah and some how (Ie Australia) beat them not long ago, is this telling us something?

CheckMate

Reaction score
Country
Australia

JeffDoogins said:
yeah and some how (Ie Australia) beat them not long ago, is this telling us something?
yeah but many teams, after some period in their best, would suffer an unstable condition.

just like germany, they won in 1996; after that they couldnt even survive in group phase in 2000 and 2004

france after 2000, argentina after 1986, and so.. greece :p

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica

Kadoman said:
Thanks, I'd be really scared of this group if we didn't have an amazing team.
It's gonna be hard, it's the toughest group possible, and whoever comes second will have to play against Brazil...
I guess we'll defeat Ghana with a nice 2-0, the USA 1-0, and maybe a draw against CZE? Who knows... But we have to lead that group no matter what!! I don't want to face Brazil so soon... :scry

Raruto says: Go Italy!!!

siegfried

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

rykarreolacr said:
Even Raruto roots for Italy!!! (check out my avatar)
Yeah I know a team who can win by defending and it is of course Greece.I mean how can a team doesnt make even an attack and win that match 1-0 with a header from corner at the last minutes?Fifa should prohibit that kind of tactics.

Yesterday Argentine played like crap in second half. They take out both of forward players and put in defence players instead. Ivory deserved at least a draw. They were very unlucky in finishing moves.

choucha0308

Reaction score
Country
France

FRance can't lose : Orochimaru is their 1st fan :D

Amano

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

France is gonna be really dangerous this year, I am sure they will do well ... about Italy facing Brazil, I actually hope they will face them really soon because I am a fan of the Squadra and I am absolutely confident that the Azzuri will send the Brasialians home when it comes to face off ... anyway most importanly and as I mentioned here before:

We still believe, we still believe, we still believe, we still believe

Its coming home its coming home its coming, Footballs coming home ...

We ll bring it home

Amano

Three Lions on a shirt...

Moenova

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Spain is gona put a Fight to all your teams, If you want the Cup you are gona suffer XD

GO RED RAGE!! GO!!

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Woohoo, netherlands vs serbia/montenegro 1-0 so far, 60 minutes to go! =D

siegfried

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

Notes from the match:

Roben won the match on his own.he put up one of his best performances.

I couldnt understand where did Van persie play.Wasnt he supposed to play on forward?

Van der vaart would make a huge difference in match.he should surely play.

Stankovic was sleeping during whole match.if he were in better shape the score could be different.

walkie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey

netherlands beat s&m 1-0..it was a good game in general...serbia was also good but i dont think serbia will be through from that group...but i hope netherlands will play better in the next games

siegfried said:
Roben won the match on his own.he put up one of his best performances.
dont say like that...netherlands marking was very good...also netherlands midfield handled ball control very well

CheckMate

Reaction score
Country
Australia

bah.. they have Milosevic, Kezman, and Stankov, which are all useless.

but in holland, 2 useless players are RuudVN and RVP.

and yes, without Robben, the match could have been a draw

siegfried

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

WaLkiE said:
dont say like that...netherlands marking was very good...also netherlands midfield handled ball control very well
Yeah it is true but they wouldnt be able to win the match without Roben.

Netherlands didnt use the right wing except that time when Roben was playing on right wing. The whole play was built on Roben which proved to be right.

anyway... I liked the way how S&M coach handled the game.he changed player in 40th minute when he felt like it (most coaches cant make substitutions until 70th minute) and he changed two star player easily (stars make it problem when they get substitued). he is very fearless.Man ,he even invited his own son to the national team.

Status
Not open for further replies.