Discussion 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

Didn't like Holland today - will not be able to match Argentina if they keep playing like that. Robben is wonderful though. All the Chelsea players are (and as an Arsenal fan, it hurt to say that!)
 

abdulahi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

Kadoman said:
All the Chelsea players are (and as an Arsenal fan, it hurt to say that!)
yes the truth does hurt :XD

1-1 so far mexico and iran
 

Doloph

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Re: WORLD CUP

too bad for iran, they lost 3-1. They were terrific at the 1st half but they were very slow on the second. Iran's keeper and defender did a big mistake which caused them a second goal and another goal 3 minutes later.
mexico played very aggresive on the second half on was rewarded two goals. i guess you can expect that from the world number 5 ranking team.
 

siegfried

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
405
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: WORLD CUP

pfft... I didnt expect Portugal to play this bad.They hardly won the match 1-0.The team was crying "we need another forward on the pitch" but what did Scolari do?take out Christiano Ronaldo and put in another defensive midfielder although Ronaldo was the best player until that minute.The team sucked after that and they killed the time for the last 30 minutes.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: WORLD CUP

Just for your information, I've listed down all the remaining matches starting from USA vs Czech today and onwards. All the first rounds matches are listed down already. For those of you who need to know the schedule, look no further. Just click at "calender" to view them all. Your favourite matches, favourite teams, all of them are there. WORLD CUP FEVER is here! :knk

Here's the easy link to calender just in case you dont know where to look for.
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?action=calendar
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: WORLD CUP

KICKS JP.... WTH?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks Eileen :)
 

walkie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
844
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: WORLD CUP

waoww..seems like someone is working aroud here :D thanx eileen...i guess you also are interested in football
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

YESSSSSSSSS!!!! AUSTRALIA BEAT JAPAN 3-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were expected to LOSE but we scored 3 times in 8 minutes!!

The day was hot as hell, and you could see the guys on both sides were knackered, barely raising a trot let alone a run. In the end, the Aussie's quality showed through (and man...I am surprised but we have got some quality after all!). Awesome match if you're an Aussie...probably not so awesome if you're Japanese...:(
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: WORLD CUP

:(.....
 

CheckMate

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
488
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: WORLD CUP

amazing aussie..

but dont u think they could have won easily if they played cooler calmly the beginning?
 

Bibichan

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
982
Reaction score
21
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: WORLD CUP

Kadoman said:
YESSSSSSSSS!!!! AUSTRALIA BEAT JAPAN 3-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were expected to LOSE but we scored 3 times in 8 minutes!!
YES!!!!!!! (I probably would've said the same thing, if Japan had won. :p They're two of my three favourite teams after all. Third's the Czech Republic. I'm pretty sure they'll beat the USA.)
Australia deserved to win. They played a good match. But they could've done with less fouls. :notrust

The day was hot as hell, and you could see the guys on both sides were knackered, barely raising a trot let alone a run.
The heat here is crazy and it's supposed to get even hotter tomorrow, up to 34°C (in the shade!). I wouldn't like having to play in such conditions.

Edit: Woot! The Czech Republic won 3:0! All three goals scored by (ex-)Borussia Dortmund players (my fav team). Those two goals are exactly the reason why Rosicky is my favourite player . :D I hope Koller's injury is not as bad as it looked. It would be a great loss for the Czech team, if he wasn't able to play in the World Cup.
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

Not a bad match. 1st half was more entertaining than the second - Ghana are still inexperienced and it showed. Italy are looking very nice - I rate them 2nd below Argentina. I didn't get to see CZE so it could be that I would rate them 3rd so far. Italy showed they have improved vastly since last WC - much more positive, excellent team work, creative play with flair and they kept going forward which was nice. They are still drama queens, but then, they wouldn't be Italy if they weren't dramatic!:D

Anyone else been impressed by the African nations so far? They are extremely athletic and work well together as a team - most players just need more tournament experience and they'll be dominating soon enough. I rate Ivory Coast as best among them so far.

Anyone got players to watch so far? Holland's Robben is my pick. And Italy's Toni. I'd say this striker in Argentina, but I can't remember his name (it's not Crespo).
 

abdulahi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

american got dominated in that game, hardly any shots while Czech made some beautiful plays.
Rosicky made some beautiful goals. anyways thats in the past now.

onward to italy match. which im watching while typing this. go italy, got some points on you.

and a big shame about japan :( i was on your side and to have 3 goals in the last 10minutes was hurtful. oh well they still have a chance if they try harder in the next matches.

ggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooooooooooo italy
 

siegfried

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
405
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: WORLD CUP

Kadoman said:
Not a bad match. 1st half was more entertaining than the second - Ghana are still inexperienced and it showed. Italy are looking very nice - I rate them 2nd below Argentina. I didn't get to see CZE so it could be that I would rate them 3rd so far. Italy showed they have improved vastly since last WC - much more positive, excellent team work, creative play with flair and they kept going forward which was nice. They are still drama queens, but then, they wouldn't be Italy if they weren't dramatic!:D

Anyone else been impressed by the African nations so far? They are extremely athletic and work well together as a team - most players just need more tournament experience and they'll be dominating soon enough. I rate Ivory Coast as best among them so far.

Anyone got players to watch so far? Holland's Robben is my pick. And Italy's Toni. I'd say this striker in Argentina, but I can't remember his name (it's not Crespo).
it is Saviola.

Ghana needs some more offensive players.Appiah and Essien are doing very good in midfield but when the balls comes to the forward players they cant score because they are not creative.it is the general problem of the african teams, not all the players are equally qualified.By the way did you know that Angola's goalkeeper doesnt play in any club team?

players to watch?I dont want to say generally known players so there is only one player so far.Cuevas from Paraguay though he only played for the last 20 minutes.he lacks some body balance but has a very good dribling.
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: WORLD CUP

Ghana is definitely a great team!!!
I'm truly impressed by African teams, now I'm scared of next WC in South Africa!!

Italy owns.

Kadoman said:
They are still drama queens, but then, they wouldn't be Italy if they weren't dramatic!:D
Definitely true :grin

If Italy gets past this hard group, they have a good chance of winning the cup.

By the way, I believe Ghana will annihilate the US :p
 

abdulahi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

rykarreolacr said:
By the way, I believe Ghana will annihilate the US :p
second that, especially how america played, and how ghana played.

players to watch for i say, Englands Gerrod, Brazilllas Ronaldinho and Czechs Rosicky,
 

xallisto

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
556
Reaction score
74
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

Juan Romano Riquelme is the only Argentine worth watching.

only saw the Australia game yesterday i was pretty torn between them and really didnt want either of them to lose.

Cahill changed the game for Australia he made an impact the moment he came on and then scored 2 goals.

The news is that Rooney will play in the game againsed Trinidad & Tobago so that should be interesting
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: WORLD CUP

WaLkiE said:
waoww..seems like someone is working aroud here :D thanx eileen...i guess you also are interested in football
Of course I'm interested in football. I watched and I betted as well. BETTED. I don't bet this time around. My instinct isn't too sharp and I lack money. :p South Korea 2 Togo 1 Again, comeback makes everything different. Sigh.... I prefer to see Togo doing a major upset.
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

Would it have been too much to ask for Brasil to turn up to the match (figuratively speaking of course)? Disappointing by their standards - played boringly. Even worse than France because they are capable of so much better. Got the distinct impression they couldn't be bothered. Did not like the way they all wandered on to the pitch late at for the 2nd half in dribs and drabs - shit Ronaldo was still coming on when play started. Croatia tried hard, but lacked the quality necessary for such brilliant individuals. Brasil reminded me of Itachi. So good, they don't even have to try.:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top