Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
£50 that England will get cance... I mean they'll leave WO and exit the WC after their 2nd game.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
damn, and I am rooting for England. They are going to be WC's surprise. I consider them as an outsider. I give them a lot of chances for winning the WC but most people won't

and in the end, koenosaki always wins :p
What the hell man? Do you know what a victory over England would mean for soccer in our country? It would be huge.

£50 that England will get cance... I mean they'll leave WO and exit the WC after their 2nd game.
How the hell would that happen?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Ask Koen, he roots for them...
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
What the hell man? Do you know what a victory over England would mean for soccer in our country? It would be huge.
Are there really people who like football in the USA ? i had always the feeling that (almost) nobody like football in the us and that they thinks that this is a boring game. But the last time i was in the usa was 10 years ago.....:D
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
Benzema (why did you leave him in France? he should have at least taken a seat on the bench?)
I can't stand the guy, so my opinion of him might be biased, but it's likely that it's because he had a poor season with the Real this year (completely overshadowed by Higuain, who has both French and Argentine nationality and definitely picked the right team to play for), plus it seems that he's a jerk, behaving like C. Ronaldo while not having even half of his talent. I'll admit he would have made a better choice than Anelka at least, though.

And gourcuff? I hear so much about him and I think this was one of the first matches I saw him playing, he was really awful just like ribéry was...
The rumor says he's ostracized in the team, what with him being the new french superstar and old crones like Henry not liking that. Add to that a difficult season in the french league, the fact he's not playing at his proper place (which is right behind the striker), and you can see how things aren't easy for him >.>;


And in the meantime, greece is getting its ass kicked, which, while not what I predicted, is a great news since I hate the way they play :shakefist
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Damn, this Korean team sure had quite some bishies in it. Was worth to root for them! :luv

So what's next? Argentina vs. Nigeria.... hm...
I vote that Nigeria is beating Argentina via massive noise orgy D:
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Are there really people who like football in the USA ? i had always the feeling that (almost) nobody like football in the us and that they thinks that this is a boring game. But the last time i was in the usa was 10 years ago.....:D
Well it's surely more popular among those who play(ed) it. I played it so I follow the World Cup at least. I'd say it's not a popular sport mostly because there is no viable professional league, the MLS is HORRIBLE. It's much more popular as a college sport actually IMO.

So what's next? Argentina vs. Nigeria.... hm...
I vote that Nigeria is beating Argentina via massive noise orgy D:
:rofl
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I really liked how korea played - even if you can clearly see that some of their players have not enouqh experience and need still a little bit more technique (especially the defence). But overall they played very well......
And i never liked the playing-style of greece - so im glad that they lost. They only played a little bit better in the mid of the second half, when they played with two striker.
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
That was Barsa's Messi playing, clearly at a different pace than the rest. Too bad he couldn't score, maybe he should try hitting it with more power, since this ball favors that kind of shots.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
What the hell man? Do you know what a victory over England would mean for soccer in our country? It would be huge.



How the hell would that happen?
Ask Koen, he roots for them...
Ironic or not?

The only thing you have to know, is that I was just doing a Gary Lineker :p ah well, might be that some people are really clueless nowadays

"Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins." Gary Lineker

I expect England against America as a tight game with as winner :p (won't say) :p
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
You know, spain has a great team but I just don't feel them.... I would root for brazil over spain, they have a very defensive game but underestimating them for a lack of "jugo bonito" is fatal... I do have hopes that Italy would take the cup this year again though. Argentina won today but I was disappointed, they should have scored more. Not sure whether Nigeria did really good or simply maradona did not do his job all that well (at moments argentina's defense seemed a tad brittle and were it not for messi attacks would have had no structure)

On another note, I don't think USA will win against England. Surprisingly the USA generally has good championships but the actual level they show does not seem to be above the average in america (the continent).
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Argentina won today but I was disappointed, they should have scored more. Not sure whether Nigeria did really good or simply maradona did not do his job all that well (at moments argentina's defense seemed a tad brittle and were it not for messi attacks would have had no structure)
Argentina today was chaos made tactic. Jonás is useless as a fullback. Well, he's useless in general, but at least he wouldn't make it so easy for the opponent team to create chances playing in the midfield. And with Verón there we were completely giving away the right side of the field. All for the sake of including Tevez on the initial formation, who didn't play a bad match, but definitely isn't worth destroying whatever little team structure we had. But that's ok, I didn't expect Maradona to reveal himself in this WC as a tactical genius, considering past experiences. Messi will just play the other 6 matches on a superb level too and win them by himself, and we'll take the world cup. Oh, wait...
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Maradona has nothing left to reveal as a coach, he has been at it for quite some time and failed repeatedly. If he had anything to reveal at all, he'd showed it a long time ago. Barely winning against Nigeria shows the epitome of Maradona's tactical genius. As of now, there is nothing more for him to show, he is done, over, finito. The only thing which I found a tad enjoyable about the match was that messi seemed to have taken the role of a legitimate number ten, like those from the old days when a single player coordinated the entire team-perhaps not to an extreme but the intentions were clear-. Now, I do find such an strategy obsolete but even I can enjoy such a nostalgic thing.
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
South Korea was a good surprise to me, didn't expect them to play this nicely :P ( Sure, it was against Greece, but still... )
Argentina was exactly what everyone expected, awesome attacks and a right side with Gutierrez that wasn't atacking or defending :facepalm If Maradona fix that, it'll be a real problem for the other teams. While he doesn't, Argentina seems a bit vulnerable.

England x Usa in a few minutes, i'm expecting a 2x0 to England, but Usa has a very nice team too, and probably will make it to the second stage.

ps: Woke up today, in a saturday morning, 8am to watch KoreaxGreece, and tomorrow i'll do the same to watch Algeria x Slovenia. :XD
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Maradona has nothing left to reveal as a coach, he has been at it for quite some time and failed repeatedly. If he had anything to reveal at all, he'd showed it a long time ago. Barely winning against Nigeria shows the epitome of Maradona's tactical genius. As of now, there is nothing more for him to show, he is done, over, finito. The only thing which I found a tad enjoyable about the match was that messi seemed to have taken the role of a legitimate number ten, like those from the old days when a single player coordinated the entire team-perhaps not to an extreme but the intentions were clear-. Now, I do find such an strategy obsolete but even I can enjoy such a nostalgic thing.

Messi doesn't fit that role, he's most dangerous when recieving the ball close to the area, not circulating it around the field. The only one who can play as a typical number 10 is Pastore. Verón would be close to a playmaker in the actual initial formation, but I think he should take advantage of the irregular trajectory that the Jabulani takes with long powerful shots more instead of trying his infamous "long passes" that miss 99% of the time.

Also, today Argentina showed some nice set piece plays. There's some merit for the coach for that, at least.


lol Green
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think messi fits the role either but maradona's intentions of having him play a more than central role in the team are quite obvious.

DAMN YOU GREEN! Seriously, how can someone fail so much. Thank god I did not put any money on the game...
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
haha....omg england and his goalkeepers. Since Gordon Banks they never had a good goalkeeper. I feel a bit sorry for them....but just a little bit :D


I don't think messi fits the role either but maradona's intentions of having him play a more than central role in the team are quite obvious.

DAMN YOU GREEN! Seriously, how can someone fail so much. Thank god I did not put any money on the game...
Shouldnt you be happy about this as an american?
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
^ I am not from the USA (I don't even like calling them american since america is a continent), I merely choose to have that flag appear in my profile thing because I prefer to not show my actual nationality and I find that the USA one is the most generic.


DAMN YOU GREEN! You almost cost me money (I did not actually bet but still).... Can't believe how many goals england failed at the end, damn it all!
 
Last edited:

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, the U.S. gets a little luck in the World Cup. That's already more luck than we had 4 years ago :darn.

2 things:

1. Tim Howard's good (thought I already knew that :p)
2. Onyewu's beard is awesome.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Man this game was only interesting because of the chances. But, that was it. Passes, tactics, individual play, etc it sucked from both sides. A team who couldn't play better against a team who didn't want to play better. Chances aside, this game was truly mediocre. Then again, not as worse as the silly frenchmen against Uruguay
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top