Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,314
Reaction score
24,934
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I completely agree, it is not about having the best players, it is about having a set of players that works. Surely having messi and ronaldo helps but that alone won't make you a strong competitor, you need to have functionality. Just look at Brasil, they don't have as many big names as they could or even as many as other teams, yet they are almost unanimously considered favorites to this cup. On the other hand, argentina has practically nothing but big names yet no one has any hopes for them. That is one of the main reasons for which I don't think there is a significant difference between the usual top rated teams in the WC (England, Spain, Argentina -any other year, not this one-, Germany, Italy, Brazil and somewhere along them portugal, cote de ivore, holland and perhaps france every now and then). The only disappointment about the WC is that there are no surprises, its always the same teams that win.
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
I don't know if you check out European national teams. Germany lost the last European Championship against Spain (consider that championship on world level)
That was 2 years ago. I was taking into consideration more recent performances, like that friendly match they lost against us.

the best eleven always win against the eleven best
I like this one better:

"Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins."
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Hm, I wouldn't underestimate Japan, sindergi. They generally suck but they qualified afterall along with the Korean teams. I'd say they're on the same level as Cameroon, so that match isn't to be decided before seeing both teams in action.

My winner estimation for tomorrow would be:

* Holland (they have the better licorice)
* Japan (can't decide on skills level, so rooting on bishie factor)
* Italy (they cheat their way through)

:amuse
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,314
Reaction score
24,934
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Nah, japan invariably sucks... Its not like they have benji price, tom misaki, oliver atom and steve hyuga on their teams (captain tsubasa reference BTW). Overall, asia football is no less than terrible... Japan does not have enough technique to be able to hold that over Cameroon... In turn, I'd bet Cameroon has the physical condition to outlast the Japanese easily.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Netherlands vs Denmark is quite dull at the moment, I was expecting the dutch to have more flair but it seems without Robben in the starting line-up their game really suffers.

You know what guys, I can actually see Ghana, Cameroon and Ivory Coast all qualifying for the next rounds; the african teams have really improved these last few years, they have so many european players and experience. In group G, I'm not sure Brazil will have an easy time, Portugal aren't that good but they could cause an upset.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Before Germany played last night, I was most impressed by South Korea, so they are the exception to the Asian mediocracy in football. Netherlands jsut scored straight after the restart; own goal my the left back Polssen.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,314
Reaction score
24,934
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Bahhh, I had more expectations for Netherland, but was a good game..

Now, lets see Italy.. My predictions is Italy 2 - Paraguay 1
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
For me, Netherlands failed to live up to (my) expectations.
I was a little bit disappointed by the game - maybe they will play better when Robben is back.......
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,314
Reaction score
24,934
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
For the the netherland game went roughly as I thought it would... In the prediction chart I made for this phase of the cup I had netherland winning 2-1 so 2-0 was kinda better than what I thought....
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
:blink :o Japan is winning 1-0???

Common Eto!!!!
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,314
Reaction score
24,934
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
So... who do you see winning in the japan-cameroon match? I Have right now cameroon winning 1-0.... IMO both teams are terrible but cameroon should have better physical condition and Eto is a great player....

Edit: DAMN! Just noticed japan scored lol...
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
So... who do you see winning in the japan-cameroon match? I Have right now cameroon winning 1-0.... IMO both teams are terrible but cameroon should have better physical condition and Eto is a great player....

Edit: DAMN! Just noticed japan scored lol...
Jajajajajaja, yes am not watching the game because I am working :notrust but I am watching www.fifa.com, and I can not believe it.

Camerun is a great team, they should win this match..
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,314
Reaction score
24,934
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I am at work too which sucks... why can't this be a regular country where the entire economy is placed at halt for the sake of the WC....

I don't really consider cameroon great though.... I think both teams are about as bad, cameroon just happens to have better physical condition. If they manage to make this a game of resistance then I don't think japan should hold out very long.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Quite a boring game...Cameroon is even weaker than i thought.Let's see how many more goals Japan will make...
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,314
Reaction score
24,934
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, it is certainly not an all star game, it is bound to be bad... Still, it's the world cup, a time to neglect any plausible world event for the sake of 21 days of non stop football even if the game in question is basically of teams which have no business whatsoever in the WC....
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Quite a boring game...Cameroon is even weaker than i thought.Let's see how many more goals Japan will make...
guess not that many, they're quite lousy themselves and the goal was everything else than a show of japanese strength :s...
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Im at work too, but we have television in each office :) ..... But i agree this is not à highclass Match .......
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Well, for me Camerun is the best African team in this cup.. If we look their line-up, they had several players playing in the Italy, England, Spain, German, France League..

I was expecting more of them..

Ohh this week :) .. Finally we will see the big ones.. Italy, Portugal, Spain, Brazil!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top