Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Archangel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 30, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
3
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
That was pathetic, the third ranking team vs the one on the 27th spot and a draw is the best they can do?

The only time they didn't lose the fucking ball was when they passed it to the back, every other time it resulted in a counterattack!
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Oh right:XD

North Korea is rather weak,so i predict that there will be a lot of goals,but the latest events prove me wrong i guess...
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sup Jin!Hopefully it'll be an awesome game. Either way I'm going to the bar right now, see you guys later.
Archangel, if Ivory plays this defensive against us, we'll have trouble too. It's pretty normal =b
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
HAHAHA, yeah I watched that live :rofl! I could not believe it, plus I knew it would ring again when he put it on the table.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
so much for the lots of goals... nk seems to have an iron wall in the back for now :s
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I know. God, I was hoping for Brazil to be putting at least 3 past the Koreans but at this rate, we'll be lucky to see a 1-0 win. The way Korea are counterattacking, they can actually sneak in a goal.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Booooring.
My neighbourhood's team is better than N. Korea and, yet, Brazil didn't score. /facepalm
Plus, Brazil need more speed to invade Korea's defense. Felipe Melo and Gilberto Silva are very slow. I think Daniel Alves should enter.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
You have to admit, North Korea has a long tradition in creating walls and keep people off their space - and they show it :XD
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
2:0 oh great. Good timing. I was about to turn off the TV just now..
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Haha, that's true, eni.

Brazil played a little better on second half but still booriinng.
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Brasil 2 X 1 North Korea

And sexy Kaká and Júlio Cesar for 90 minutes
:woot
HA! Cala boca MangaHelpers!!!!


Joking, joking. <3 MH.
:P
Gonna bet on lottery tomorrow ^_^

@Buggy: Daniel Alves is also cute.
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
What a boring game... First of all, why is Dunga playing with four defenders against a team that had only one "striker" (the guy was more on the midfield then elsewhere). Secondly, does he get angry when maicon and/or bastos are playing high because as soon as those two did it once or twice, they had to wait another 10 minutes before they did so again. Thirdly, Lucio should have played higher from the beginning. Though Korea had a wall, with good technical, fast play; the score could have been higher but well

Dunga's tactical play in mind, I didn't expect a walk over.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Sup Jin!Hopefully it'll be an awesome game. Either way I'm going to the bar right now, see you guys later.
Archangel, if Ivory plays this defensive against us, we'll have trouble too. It's pretty normal =b
Yo Saintz!
I'm cool, how's it going for you?

It was an alright game in the end. Forget my 5-0 prediction. :darn
You gotta give NK credit though; they were very organised at the back. Every time Brazil went on the counter, there were already like 8 NK players at the back blocking every path and making it extremely difficult for the Brazilians to get a shot in. Tae-Se Jong played really well and he had a great chance on goal. It was nice to see Robinho showing off a bit with his tribbling and what a perfect pass to Elano, hey? :)

Enjoy your time at the bar. :beer

Finally found the video for it, this happened before the cameroon game. Top class bbc sports coverage . :rofl
hahaha. I missed that. I think he was about to say "Oh shit!" live on BBC. :XD

so much for the lots of goals... nk seems to have an iron wall in the back for now :s
Wouldn't you want to see NK Vs. Germany? I would. :D

2:0 oh great. Good timing. I was about to turn off the TV just now..
So true. :XD

HA! Cala boca MangaHelpers!!!!

Joking, joking. <3 MH.
:P
Gonna bet on lottery tomorrow ^_^

@Buggy: Daniel Alves is also cute.
Good luck. ^^
Hmmm. What about the NK team? Did they have any cute players iyo? :jk
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,309
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I thought we'd see more goals but after seeing the actual game I can't really blame neither the team nor dunga. Who'd though korea would plant FIVE defenders near the goal? It's absurd, I thought at most there'd be 4.... Korea having 5 defenses plus a defensive midfield is pretty much insane, any team would have a hard time with that, specially if the other team also has a very defensive football. Korea did not go to that game with the intention of winning at all, they took brasils victory almost for granted. Instead, korea thought of minimizing damage and keep the game at a tie and save one point from the hardest game in their group. How uncharacteristically efficient from such communist warmongers, too bad it did not work....
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
A certain amount of 'fun bashing' in sports threads is normal but a little careful with the wording, please.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Wouldn't you want to see NK Vs. Germany? I would. :D
I'd like to see it, yes... too lazy to calculate, but I guess it would be somewhere in the finals ;P
Jokes aside, don't get me wrong on that one. I'm not saying the german team was so much better or anything, just that many people (me included) thought it would literally rain goals. (I know, looking at the stats, qualification and whatnot, but hey, it's Brazil after all).
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Who'd though korea would plant FIVE defenders near the goal? It's absurd, I thought at most there'd be 4.... Korea having 5 defenses plus a defensive midfield is pretty much insane, any team would have a hard time with that, specially if the other team also has a very defensive football. Korea did not go to that game with the intention of winning at all, they took brasils victory almost for granted. Instead, korea thought of minimizing damage and keep the game at a tie and save one point from the hardest game in their group. How uncharacteristically efficient from such communist warmongers, too bad it did not work....
That is ridiculous. What were you expecting from them? To play open expansive football against one of the best teams in the tournament? They are one of the lowest ranked teams in the world cup, its perfectly reasonable for them to pack their defence against Brazil. The stark contrast in ability between the two teams is evident. Their coach was correct in doing what he did, this current Brazil team specialises in decisive counter attacks, by packing the defence your negating one of their major strengths by having a extra men to help the defence. If they had a bit more luck they might have sneaked a draw but still only losing by one goal when most expected them to lose by many more is praiseworthy. I hope they do well, not only because their underdogs but also as its their first world cup since 1966 and they had rotten luck being put into the hardest group. And besides to me it did not look like they played with 5 defenders, they seemed to play with 4 and a defensive midfielder...:p
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I think it was Ally McCoist that brought up a decent point during the game regarding NK's effort. The NK team is so shut off from everyone else (much like their country), and with them having only 3 international players (2 in Japan, 1 in Russia fyi), they've probably been around each other more than any other national team. That has to account for something IMO, but I'm not sure it accounts for why Brazil couldn't score until the second half :s
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top