Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'm glad the Group A matches have all been played. I was hoping for a Mexico victory so that they could top the group but now it's looking like they'll be facing Argentina in the next round. :s

I hope Argentina obilerate the Greeks tonight. :shakefist
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
France really sucks this year.. o.O

If I were the president of that federation I fired Domenech and all the rest of the team and start from zero with pure young players of the teams Sub-17 and Sub-20..

What a horrible presentation this year...
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
France really sucks this year.. o.O

If I were the president of that federation I fired Domenech
French football federation was so smart enough to announce Domenech's successor before the WC started. No wonder that Domenech doesn't care about a failure since he doesn't have to take negative consequences into account
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
^ I think that had a big impact on the squad, but there is so much a manager can do (postively and negatively). The problems that the french team have, i think go deeper than domenechs mistakes and idiocy. At the end of the day the players he chose should have progressed and the fact that they didnt is as much their fault as his. Domenechs going to be the scapegoat but they should be ashamed of themselves as well.

Btw, hahaha, the second SA goal was arsenal esque defending, and it was arsenal players who made the main mistakes. Sorry france. XD
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I feel sorry for a few of the french veterans whose last chance this tournament was for them to do something. In the end I wanted them to be eliminated without scoring; damn Malouda!!! I happy that Mexico especially are through. Comiserations to SA; they really excited us this tournament, I hope the fans keep up the good support of the teams.

Looking forward to the Laurent Blanc era, lots of change needs to be made in that team.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Greece... what an ugly play. These guys are really playing for a tie in the hope that Nigeria will win against S-K. I hope this ugly playing team won't make it in the second round

Argentina plays calm and found some opportunities. I hope they'll score
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

That's not what i wanted to see Argentina...
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
It's plain boring. It really looks like Greece is not even trying to score. I'd rather watch Nigeria/South Korea but the Tv stations do not bring it (or I just can't fit it ^^) and I can't be arsed to watch it online.

Seems like Uruguay will be facing South Korea in the 8s. And I'm actually ok with that. Go home Greece, just like France.
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
:facepalm gezzz.. Almost Argentina didnt win this game... LOL 2x0..
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Argentina proves it is the to-be-beaten-team of the WC. Even an ultra defensive team can't avoid Argentina from having very great shots on targets and two goals
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Greece got exactly what they deserved from the way they played. I love Maradona as a coach; he's so much fun on the touchline. So I guess it's Argentina vs Mexico, repeat of 2006 and Uruguay vs South Korea. I had hoped Nigeria would have gone through because we need an african representative but it looks like we may only have Ghana :(.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
but it looks like we may only have Ghana :(.
Yeah and better watch out because Italy has always been one true paradox. The moments you don't expect them, the moments they will do what they have to do

If Pirlo can play then Italy will be at least 3 times better
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Forza ItaliaArgentina!!! :yelling (:XD)​

Boring game? Pfft. I thought it was entertaining one! I seriously didn't expect Greece to hold Argentina at bay for so long neither did I expect them to perform as well as they did! Kudos to them but sadly it wasn't enough to get them through....thankfully. Man-marking Messi was a good tactic but I always believed that Messi would either score eventually or set up and/or pave a way for someone else to score in the end.

C. Rodriguez played really well! I would like to see him playing more often for Argentina; I feel like he has a lot more to offer. He definitely has a lot of potential! :amuse I'm so HAPPY that Palermo came on and SCORED! The 36 year old "geezer" XD deserved to net a goal in! :crying

Argentina FTW! :shakefist​


:facepalm gezzz.. Almost Argentina didnt win this game... LOL 2x0..
What a beautiful shot by Veron, hey? Damn shame the GK managed to push the ball over the crossbar. Speaking of which, credit to the Greek GK! Damn, that guy made several decent saves.

I knew they would win the game in the end. :shakefist

Argentina proves it is the to-be-beaten-team of the WC. Even an ultra defensive team can't avoid Argentina from having very great shots on targets and two goals
True. :nod

Who remembers the Mexico x Argentina game in 06'? That was one awesome match! One name: Maxi Rodriguez. (skip to 0.23 secs)

Greece got exactly what they deserved from the way they played. I love Maradona as a coach; he's so much fun on the touchline. So I guess it's Argentina vs Mexico, repeat of 2006 and Uruguay vs South Korea. I had hoped Nigeria would have gone through because we need an african representative but it looks like we may only have Ghana :(.
The Ghana x Germany game should be awesome! I have a feeling the Ref will be very busy during that game. I wouldn't be suprised if several players get booked for both teams. Who remembers Holland x Portugal game in Euro 2004? :D

If Pirlo can play then Italy will be at least 3 times better
No doubt about it. Pirlo is a great player and I'm looking forward to his return. :)
 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Greece got exactly what they deserved from the way they played. I love Maradona as a coach; he's so much fun on the touchline. So I guess it's Argentina vs Mexico, repeat of 2006 and Uruguay vs South Korea. I had hoped Nigeria would have gone through because we need an african representative but it looks like we may only have Ghana :(.
Same here.It's as if he was playing with them,he actually lives this game.It really is fun to watch him and always makes me smile.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I liked Veron's play a lot. Imo, his play was an awesome answer towards Argentina supporters who dislike him. He gave some great passes, he use great running lines, etc... I like this Veron and Argentina can use his experience a lot. Great move by Maradonna
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I was watching the Korea and Nigeria which was amazing stuff. But damn i saw the highlights for greece vs argentina and the stats. 82% possesion, what the F?! Apparently the highest amount of possession by a team in a WC game since 66! Greece....that is just embarrassing -_-;
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
I liked Veron's play a lot. Imo, his play was an awesome answer towards Argentina supporters who dislike him. He gave some great passes, he use great running lines, etc... I like this Veron and Argentina can use his experience a lot. Great move by Maradonna
I don't think Verón fits, he slows the team too much. Pastore is a much better choice to play close to Messi, with Di María and Maxi at the sides.

^Hmm.. is it Brazil - Portugal you're talking about? Oh no wait, it's this friday, what's next friday btw? :notrust
I was talking about Spain-Chile, but they're playing on thursday, i got confused. Brazil-Portugal will be a yawn festival most likely.
 
Last edited:

Diadz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 3, 2010
Messages
44
Reaction score
21
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
The 2010 World Cup Championship

:)So, now that most teams have played and qualified themselves, what's your favorite team who your hoping to win this year??

For me, its The Netherlands ofcourse :P we have a monster team filled with A-list players from the best clubs over the world, and we have won all our poule-matches so far without getting a single goal against us.. :amuse

So far the 'big' players are kinda..dissapointing.. Argentine is playing ok, but not great, same goes for Portugal and Spain.. and lets not even get started on France or England.

so, whats your idea about the 2010 World Cup?
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
GOOOO ENGLAND!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top