Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

acq128

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
NIPPON BANZAI

BLUE SAMURAI BANZAI
!!!

ps. be prepared for the worst though =(
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
I dont know why, but many people Hate Dunga as a Coach because it change the playing style of Brazil, but is getting the best results...

He change the "jogo bonito" for a more effective football.. These guys go to the opposite goal 5 or 6 times and scoring 3 :blink

That´s effective.. ;)
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Awww crap, I really rooted for Japan. Even had to miss most of the game cause of my exam.
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
What a bad game, a really bad game........but somehow i feel sorry for Japan but probably just because i like anime, manga and learning japanese................strange - isnt it !?

But this was really a boring game.........but now Spain vs. Portugal.

My prediction Spain : Portugal = 1:2
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I was suffering so much during the penalties, but yay!!!! Paraguay won!! :) Although I do feel bad for Japan, they did their very best. :(

All my four South American teams are in and have passed to the next stage!!!

I know now they will have to face very strong teams:
Uruguay vs. Ghana
Argentina vs. Germany
Brazil vs. Netherlands
Paraguay vs. Spain or Portugal

but for now I’m celebrating that Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay are now part of the round of eight.


I’m expecting for the following games to be very difficult, exciting, fun and nerve-racking.

On another note, it was good to see that the referees in this game didn’t make horrible mistakes like they have done in the previous games. Btw, what do you think about using video technology to assist the referees and to prevent them for making unfair decisions?
 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Japan was better,so it's even worse for me that they could not advance to the next round.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Japan lost. :scry

Paraguay didn't deserve to go through. Both teams didn't play very well but it would've been much more entertaining if Japan went through to the QF's instead of Paraguay imo. This sucks so bad now.

WC 10' Final: Brazil Vs. Argentina! :smile-big
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,315
Reaction score
24,935
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Wow, japan really did give me a scare here.... never thought they'd make it to the penalties. Am I sorry for japan though? NOPE, I am just very glad Paraguay won. Spain vs portugal is but a few minutes away so I am really excited.
 

After_Image

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
2,855
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So far the game has been good; A few scares here and there. It's only going to get better in the Second half! \o/
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
In (almost) every game is a goal because of a failure of a ref.......

I expected more of the game but spain was better......
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Weren't you from Portugal just a while ago AI?:p

Anyway,Spain was better and deserved winning.Even if Spain didn't score,they would have done so later on.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Portugal lost too. :scry

Eduardo was by far the best Portuguese player; he made several great saves. Damn that Villa. Barcelona are going to be even more deadly next season; I can't wait for the Champion's League 10/11 to begin. Credit to Coentrao as well. His passes and crosses weren't accurate 100% of the time but he still performed much better than most of the other players imo. That Costa red card was a disgrace. Capdevila wtf. It should've been a yellow at the most.

I must say, Carlos Queiroz made some stupid substitution decisions. What hell was wrong with him!? :darn
 

After_Image

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
2,855
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Weren't you from Portugal just a while ago AI?:p
I have no idea of what you speak of. :oh


Either way I thought it was a great match and I was content for whomever won. Sucks to see a team like Portugal go though. Spain will face Paraguay next, can't wait for that! :amuse
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Boring matches today...
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
All my four South American teams are in and have passed to the next stage!!!
For the first time, four teams from South America in the quarter-finals. Now I'm just thinking about a semi-finals with only south american teams. That would be awesome.

Maybe I'm dreaming too much. But dreaming is free.
Go, South America!

On another note, it was good to see that the referees in this game didn’t make horrible mistakes like they have done in the previous games. Btw, what do you think about using video technology to assist the referees and to prevent them for making unfair decisions?

I'm not sympathic with video technology to assist the referees. I don't know if it is because I'm used to discuss about polemics decisions and think about it as part of the game. And I can't imagine myself in football stadium without such controversial moments, even the crucial ones.
Watching on TV is too convenient and doesn't give even half of the feeling of a football match.

But it doesn't mean I'm not open to see a test. I'm not a reactionary. If the technology proves to be good for football, why not?
(I hope not, lol, huahuahuhaua!)
 
Last edited:

One Eyed Sharingan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
573
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I'm not sympathic with video technology to assist the referees. I don't know if it is because I'm used to discuss about polemics decisions and think about it as part of the game. And I can't imagine myself in football stadium without such controversial moments, even the crucial ones.
Watching on TV is too convenient and doesn't give even half of the feeling of a football match.

But it doesn't mean I'm not open to see a test. I'm not a reactionary. If the technology proves to be good for football, why not?
(I hope not, lol, huahuahuhaua!)
if you think about it, controversial moments always make a future rematch exciting.
those 'bad bloods' in the past matches (and media fanning the fire) creates rivalry and make rematches will be played in high tensions.

so yeah, i agree with you.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I really hope Argentina go through to the semi's. Damn, the Spanish have one of the easiest QF fixtures ever. They should have no problem beating Paraguay imo. The Netherlands are the only team now that can attempt to stop Brazil going all the way to the Finals now and they will fail miserably.

It would be great if Ghana made it through to the semi's as well. :amuse
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, Brasil isn't being awesome as we were in other cups, but at least we're solid =b Netherlands too, or do you guys think they're attacking like 94 or 98? Seems like they're more worried with winning than with the 'show' ( which's good for them, they need to win a cup soon )
And whoever wins this game will be the champion, mark my words :p
I'd be confident in our team, but Robben against Michel Bastos.... at the very least i'll have 30 heart attacks during the game :XD

The Nike ad really gave bad luck huh? Cristiano Ronaldo, the sole survivor finally lost too :XD Lucky for us that Dunga didn't call Ronaldinho hahahah
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Well, now that my favorite team lost (Portugal) I will support the "Pibe" Maradona!!!

If Argentina wins against Germany this Saturday, they will be champions for sure..
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Portugal weren't good enough, it would've been a better match if they had scored first, but since they had no other gameplan but to catch Spain on the counter, they were bound to lose if Spain scored first and since Spain could easily keep the ball away from them and dominate them, it was game over. In the end it could've and should've been a more comfortable scoreline for the Spanish.

Disappointing tournament for Ronaldo, last night's game didn't go well for him, no service at all and even felt like the ref was against him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top