Football - 2014 FIFA World Cup - Part 1 | Page 71 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Football 2014 FIFA World Cup - Part 1

Who will win the world cup?

• Total voters

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
LOL

Part of it has to do with the fact that for a lot of these journalists, Messi is the most visible figure. Regardless of when the vote takes place, his goals often look more spectacular. Like, a twisting run that ends with a curler from outside the box edging inside the far post. Messi had moments of brilliance, but overall, he was marked out of matches for the most part. Germany lost Khedira and then Howedes and Hummels couldn't cope with the combination of Lavezzi and Messi together. However, as soon as Lavezzi got subbed off, Messi's danger vanished for the most part, as there wasn't a second runner to track.

Still, Messi didn't have a bad tournament, he just didn't shine as brightly as some of the others. In terms of Robben, I think the reason that people see him as not as worthy is that he lost to Argentina and thus didn't make the Final. James lost in the QFs to Brazil, so he played two fewer matches than Messi did. Muller had more goals and more assists, but I think that some of them are weighted a little less than Messi's because some of Muller's came in routs (a brace against Portugal and a goal against Brazil). I think that one of James, Muller, or Robben deserved the Golden Ball more than Messi did, but I can understand reasons why Messi won.

Admittedly, almost everyone's come out and said that Messi shouldn't have won it, but...
The moment Sabella switched to the 4-3-3, that's where he fucked up, Messi during this WC had to play a lot in the midfield, because there's no decent playmaker in the NT, Messi had to play that role, and he did it if it weren't for morons wasting chances

With the 4-4-2, Argentina stopped the German machine, and Messi was waiting for balls so that he can score, with the tactical change, he was the one who had to iniate the action and start it

But I do agree on one thing, Messi seems different to what he used to be tho, this year hasn't been easy on him (injury, scandals, Tito and his friend Lopez dying)

Even Mourinho is defending against the campaign made by Madrid media, some British media and Maradona, but I do know that even if the guy won the WC, people will still shit talk about him for no reason

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Oh, my...This is a little tacky.

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
That Argentinian President... :fail
Maybe you guys heave better luck with someone who is at least watching one match... never heard of so much fail. Oh well, at least she's honest so she's got that going for her :eyeroll

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Well yes, not all winners get the golden ball .... but still.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
"It is not important being the best and you don't win" - Lionel Messi about the Golden Ball.

If he deserved is questionable for many people as we already saw, but if even Messi doesn't care, it's meaningless talk about that.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
If he deserved is questionable for many people as we already saw, but if even Messi doesn't care, it's meaningless talk about that.
So when people here said ¨Robben deserves it more¨ you were ok with it, but now you say it's meaningless :XD

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So when people here said ¨Robben deserves it more¨ you were ok with it, but now you say it's meaningless :XD
Robben deserves it more, it is a fact, but it will not change the result. :huh

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Robben deserves it more, it is a fact, but it will not change the result. :huh
How does he deserve it more, and how the hell it's a fact?

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
How does he deserve it more, and how the hell it's a fact?
He was who pratically put Netherlands in the semifinals. He played like a monster every match. lol

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
He was who pratically put Netherlands in the semifinals. He played like a monster every match. lol
Same with Messi and Argentina, he played the final. Go on.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Same with Messi and Argentina, he played the final. Go on.
Really? Messi just made 1~2 plays in each match and, sometimes, in the end of the match, he saved Argentina with a play. Who gives its all was Di María, he helped Argentina a lot. I think you're confusing dribble for a few seconds each match with "play well".

Messi was in the final? Really? I didn't see him playing. Why, I wonder... ._.
Commentators here thought that he was injured, because he was staying still like a statue almost the entire match.

Last edited:

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Really? Messi just made 1~2 plays in each match and, sometimes, in the end of the match, he saved Argentina with a play. Who gives its all was Di María, he helped Argentina a lot. I think you're confusing dribble for a few seconds each match with "play well".

Thank god people like you don't coach teams, or have any related activities with football really... If you want to understand, check Mourinho's statement about Messi's positionning during this WC, you may understand a bit

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Really? Messi just made 1~2 plays in each match
Not true, as he's the player that created the most plays in the WC, that's a fact.

and, sometimes, in the end of the match, he saved Argentina with a play.
Awesome isn't he?

Who gives its all was Di María, he helped Argentina a lot. I think you're confusing dribble for a few seconds each match with "play well".
Di María was shit the entire tournament, all he did was running. I prefer a football player over a marathonist, not sure if you do the same.

He was our best player and the one that created the most plays in that match (compared to any other player), did you watch it?

Commentators here thought that he was injured, because he was staying still like a statue almost the entire match.
Only when he's defending, cause he's saving energy (whenever he has the ball, if you notice, he kinda suddenly ¨explodes¨). There's surely something happenning to him though, vomiting isn't normal.

Brazilian commentators? omg I wonder why they would say something like that about Messi.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Why are we talking about Messi tho, I thought you were trying to make Robben look good.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
To me it seems like messi did a pretty good job. Its not like argentina was playing beautifully or anything, I would think most were surprised that argentina made it to the final at all. Messi saved games and in most games his individual plays were felt by the other team. Seriously, how many people marked him each game?

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
3-4 people, always encircling him...

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Messi didn't deserved the golden ball.
Fred, Aguero & Casillas deserved it more.

Reactions: xi0

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Messi carried his team through the world cup with 3-4 people marking him every game. No other player in the world cup came even close to that from what I gather... Others were more obviously notorious but without being that marked.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Dunga will be our coach, in short, let's meet in 2022, with a bit of luck. :cookiehand

:shootme