Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
So, Mourinho said that he'd stay with Casillas... I guess Frosty loves Iker now?

Now Brazil victory was product of luck? You should make career as comedian. :lmao
You know what's comedy? Your team :lmao
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's funny how you see everything that remotely brings luck and Brazil into one sentence as comedy. What was it that convinced you so much about your team? The penalty goal or the one in overtime? It could have well ended in a draw and the result does not reflect how the match went in a 100% way. That doesn't mean it was luck and neither does it mean it was this exact match I was reffering to, but hey, as long as you can cheer for your team and see everything critical as comedy.

As for the crowd, naturally yours is bigger than anyone elses, because, as you wrote yourself, home world cup *duh* But in the match of the confed cup you mentioned there were a lot of mexicans if I understood our pre-report right, and that's likely going to be the same again with some 30.000 Mexicans around. More than most other teams could ever hope to get.
Luck makes part of the soccer, it is game where the teams must knows how to take advantage of the momentum. Brazil did its game and knew how to take advantage in the moments of goal. Croatia was not efficient and they payed for that with a loss. Soccer is make of goals, it is useless "play well" (I have doubts that Croatia played that well...) and doesn't make goals. You say that the match doesn't reflect the game, but it is not how soccer works, if it would, there were judges and everybody would give scores for the match. One play, one second, can change everything in a match. That's why Switzerland and USA matches were awesome. Take advantage of those plays and seconds is learned by training and effort, therefore, it is not luck, it is ability.
That's said, there are only two possibilities: Either you don't know what soccer is, or you're joking.
Felipão said uncountable times that the team was not 100% yet, I would be dumb to expect them playing extraordinarily after that. I'm more than satisfied with what they showed given their physical limitations and other factors.

USA x Ghana - Ghana was going to attack more than USA and theoretically playing better, it could be a draw, but USA knew how to take advantage of two plays and it makes them better and worthy winning.

Castelão has nearly 50k of capacity, 30k of mexicans is impossible.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Belgium will do an one-sided match, but I'm gonna watch even so, I'm curious to see Belgium style and all, they seem skillful. Also, I respect Belgium since 2002 allthough they didn't make into WC since then.
I predict 2-0 Brazil, Mexico is tough, but if we play like we usually do, we win without problems.

South Korea x Russia will be the most balanced and it makes the match interesting.
Hmm, i wonder why


And history repeats itself
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hmm, i wonder why


And history repeats itself
Belgian player pushed Roque Junior and took him out of the play. Foul.


You guys put Brazil games here as if there are polemic fouls only in Brazil matches. :lmao
Like Felipão said, we won 5 times this thing, we robbed 5 times? :XD
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Luck makes part of the soccer, it is game where the teams must knows how to take advantage of the momentum. Brazil did its game and knew how to take advantage in the moments of goal. Croatia was not efficient and they payed for that with a loss. Soccer is make of goals, it is useless "play well" (I have doubts that Croatia played that well...) and doesn't make goals. You say that the match doesn't reflect the game, but it is not how soccer works, if it would, there were judges and everybody would give scores for the match. One play, one second, can change everything in a match. That's why Switzerland and USA matches were awesome. Take advantage of those plays and seconds is learned by training and effort, therefore, it is not luck, it is ability.
That's said, there are only two possibilities: Either you don't know what soccer is, or you're joking.
Are you giving your team props for robbing? :huh

No team is 100 % btw.

Belgian player pushed Roque Junior and took him out of the play. Foul.
This isn't basketball
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Are you giving your team props for robbing? :huh

No team is 100 % btw.



This isn't basketball
Penalty aside, the other goals were examples of take advantage of the momentum. That's what I was exaplaning.

Maybe, but some of them almost get there. Netherlands and Germany was almost there IMO.

Really? Push a player and take him out of the play where he would clearly take away the ball is foul in any sport with a ball (excluding tennis and volleyball XD). You reached the ball because you push another player. lol
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Without that penalty goal, that momentum for the 3rd wouldn't have existed, that's the point.

That isn't a foul man. They are contesting the ball, there's no push. You talk about ¨this is soccer¨ yet you say silly stuff like that, as if you have never actually watched a match.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So, Mourinho said that he'd stay with Casillas... I guess Frosty loves Iker now?
You do understand that I disagree with a lot of what Jose says and does, right?

I've thought Casillas has been too old since Euro '12. He, and Buffon as well, looked like a deer in headlights during that shootout. This season, he's played poorly and made such huge gaffes. Imagine if Ramos doesn't score that header and Casillas' gaffe is what prevented Madrid from winning La Decima.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Also, you're forgetting that in your third goal, there's a clear foul.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

You do understand that I disagree with a lot of what Jose says and does, right?
Tbh, no, I thought you disliked him and Barcelona because of Mourinho, lol.

This season, he's played poorly and made such huge gaffes.
Give me 3.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Are you googling, rat? :XD
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
:oh

Nuno this is the BILD... This is NOT german journalism. Please don't use the words BILD and journalism in one sentence. Thank you.
Even more funny considering it's an article from BEFORE the game lulz. Not sure where he got this from, but whoever shared this first probably didn't read it either, and just thought it was germans being silly/arrogant/whatever after their win :XD
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Tbh, no, I thought you disliked him and Barcelona because of Mourinho, lol.

Give me 3.
No, I have no issues with Madrid and I have no problem with them for sacking Jose. In fact, I would've been shocked if they didn't fire him after he put their fearless captain on the bench; however, what Madrid ignored was that issues only began between them after Casillas went to the press (most people think he just spoke to his girlfriend) about things in the locker room and Jose. I dislike Barca because of all of the cheating and the diving and some bad, nearly corrupt, refereeing during some of our ties with them over the years. I also heavily dislike tiki-taka. As I've said before, Messi's part of the Barca culture and I dislike Messi.

I heavily dislike Cesc, if it counts, but I'll have to learn to like him.

Well, I'll be honest, while I didn't watch the Copa del Rey matches he played, nor most of the CL matches he played, he wasn't horrible or anything, but he wasn't great. It was more that he didn't actually face that many shots, so he had fewer chances to screw up. I didn't see his La Liga matches at the end of the season, so not really sure how those went for him.

I can, however, tell you that his last two matches have been horrific. Getting stuck in no man's land for Godin's goal in the CL Final, getting stuck in no man's land for RVP's header (Casillas wouldn't necessarily have saved it if he were on his line, but he certainly wouldn't have looked like a fool who was standing in no man's land while the opposing striker's only chance that play soared past him), not marshaling his CBs for Robben's first goal, and RVP's second goal (never let the ball be taken off your feet by the opposing striker). I forget what happened for Robben's second goal, but Casillas did make a decent save to prevent Robben from netting a hat trick.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Even more funny considering it's an article from BEFORE the game lulz. Not sure where he got this from, but whoever shared this first probably didn't read it either, and just thought it was germans being silly/arrogant/whatever after their win :XD
Yeah...even if you can't read Deutsch, I would've thought that Nuno could've figured out that it was from before the game, just by the fact that Lahm was featured on it. Lahm was less than spectacular, and some of his mistakes might've been punished if Portugal were more up for the match.

Is it bad that whenever I think of Nuno, I usually think of Nuno Valente?
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That is classic Germany though. We haven't even started but already won...
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Oh, to continue in that vein, Hardy, have you noticed my avatar? I'm still angry with Jose for selling Mata.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

That is classic Germany though. We haven't even started but already won...
You mean like how everyone assumed that that Euro '12 SF against Italy was a foregone conclusion? :shiraishi
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Well, I'll be honest, while I didn't watch the Copa del Rey matches he played, nor most of the CL matches he played, he wasn't horrible or anything, but he wasn't great. It was more that he didn't actually face that many shots, so he had fewer chances to screw up. I didn't see his La Liga matches at the end of the season, so not really sure how those went for him.

I can, however, tell you that his last two matches have been horrific. Getting stuck in no man's land for Godin's goal in the CL Final, getting stuck in no man's land for RVP's header (Casillas wouldn't necessarily have saved it if he were on his line, but he certainly wouldn't have looked like a fool who was standing in no man's land while the opposing striker's only chance that play soared past him), not marshaling his CBs for Robben's first goal, and RVP's second goal (never let the ball be taken off your feet by the opposing striker). I forget what happened for Robben's second goal, but Casillas did make a decent save to prevent Robben from netting a hat trick.
Lol, he was actually very important in both Copa del Rey and CL. You say ¨I didn't watch him¨ and in the next sentence you say that he didn't get shot? dafuq :XD
He had some really good matches, almost every match in the group phase tbh (and in the 2-2 tie against Juve he had some of the best saves of the entire tournament).

1- Godin's is known as a mistake, yeah.
2- Wat. If he doesn't do that, there's a bigger chance of scoring. No keeper stays in line there.
3- So, if he does that it's a mistake (like in *2) but if he doesn't do that WHEN HE HAS 2 DEFENDERS IN FRONT OF HIM then it's a mistake?)
4- Yeah.
5- He does the right thing, tries to gives his CBs some time. They decide that it's better to defend in the line, lol.

Oh, to continue in that vein, Hardy, have you noticed my avatar? I'm still angry with Jose for selling Mata.
I was about to point it out when someone made fun of your Ronaldo avy, but didn't want to be an ass, lol.

Edit: oh just now I realise what Marshalling means. Well, tbh, what could he say? ¨DON'T SUCK!¨ ?
 
Last edited:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You mean like how everyone assumed that that Euro '12 SF against Italy was a foregone conclusion? :shiraishi
Yup and then Löw happened.
That is why I'm not that happy. One good match but well it was just that one...
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
That is classic Germany though. We haven't even started but already won...
Portugal did not look as advertised. I want to see Germany against a better team - Brazil, Argentina, Italy, France - before anointing them. Germany put on the most thorough beat down, so far, in group play. That counts for a lot. Their opponent looked tired, injured, and unprepared. Not the top talent which they were projected.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Portugal did not look as advertised. I want to see Germany against a better team - Brazil, Argentina, Italy, France - before anointing them. Germany put on the most thorough beat down, so far, in group play. That counts for a lot. Their opponent looked tired, injured, and unprepared. Not the top talent which they were projected.
True that is nothing new. Portugal loses against us every time .
Ghana and USA will be more "annoying".
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Lol, he was actually very important in both Copa del Rey and CL. You say ¨I didn't watch him¨ and in the next sentence you say that he didn't get shot? dafuq :XD
He had some really good matches, almost every match in the group phase tbh (and in the 2-2 tie against Juve he had some of the best saves of the entire tournament).

1- Godin's is known as a mistake, yeah.
2- Wat. If he doesn't do that, there's a bigger chance of scoring. No keeper stays in line there.
3- So, if he does that it's a mistake (like in *2) but if he doesn't do that WHEN HE HAS 2 DEFENDERS IN FRONT OF HIM then it's a mistake?)
4- Yeah.
5- He does the right thing, tries to gives his CBs some time. They decide that it's better to defend in the line, lol.



I was about to point it out when someone made fun of your Ronaldo avy, but didn't want to be an ass, lol.
You're telling me that you watched every match in the Copa del Rey? Really? I caught the Final, I think.

1. Yeah, we all know Godin's was a mistake.
2. That header was RVP's only chance of making contact with the ball, so if Casillas is on the goal line, he'd have had a much better chance of saving that ball. Normally, coming out is a decent enough idea, but he was nowhere near RVP anyway, so he just ended up straning.
3. I was joking on this one. Ramos and Pique got outfoxed by Robben. I think Casillas might've saved the shot if the CB (I forget which one) didn't divert it away from him. It wasn't Casillas' fault at all.
4. That was painful to watch. I was a keeper when I was really young, and it was just not good to see.
5. Well, I will grant that it doesn't help Casillas to have a pairing of Ramos and Pique. :)

The Ronaldo avi was from the Minority Rule punishment and I hadn't been too active on MH for a bit, so I'd forgotten to change it. Well, more like I was too lazy to change it.

Yup and then Löw happened.
That is why I'm not that happy. One good match but well it was just that one...
I was fairly surprised that Löw didn't get sacked after that match. As I said before the WC began, if there's one thing that will prevent Germany from winning the WC, it'll be Löw or Löw's tactics. I might've liked to have seen Hitzfeld (Switzerland's manager) manage Germany for this WC.

Yeah, this was a good match, but Portugal didn't really show up, CR7 was clearly still a bit injured (He lacked his usual attacking verve and it didn't help that his fellow attackers couldn't pass to save their lives. Did you see when Nani just had to square it to CR7 for a good shot and the ball only traveled half of the distance to him?), and then Pepe ended any possibility of the match being a contest after they were down 2-0.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The history says that Germany begins overwhelming, but ends up defetead in the Semifinal or Final (2002 case). Kaiten is right, better wait until they play against something truly good.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
2. That header was RVP's only chance of making contact with the ball, so if Casillas is on the goal line, he'd have had a much better chance of saving that ball. Normally, coming out is a decent enough idea, but he was nowhere near RVP anyway, so he just ended up straning.
He wouldn't. RVP was alone, inside the area, and in the middle of it. It was almost a penalty kick... with the head. There's a reason why you aren't allowed to come out in penalty kicks, and it's because it gives you an advantage. Casillas did that.

The Ronaldo avi was from the Minority Rule punishment and I hadn't been too active on MH for a bit, so I'd forgotten to change it. Well, more like I was too lazy to change it.
Back to that too, at some point I felt like reminding you that you were allowed to change it already, but for some reason I felt you liked it :lmao

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

The history says that Germany begins overwhelming, but ends up defetead in the Semifinal or Final (2002 case). Kaiten is right, better wait until they play against something truly good.
How did they win 3 World Cups then?

If Portugal isn't truly good, then there are only like 6 ¨truly good¨ teams.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top