Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
One moment of lacking of attention and Ivory Coast turned the table... Sad match... :(
They are not dead yet though, I think they have quality to win against Greece and seek for the victory against Columbia. I hope so.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Man you could see that he actually got the ball but it slipped through his hands, maybe because of the rain and the ball was slippery, but he could have saved that.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
That was disappointing play by Japan in it's second half. They were going on and on but IVC was just too good.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Man you could see that he actually got the ball but it slipped through his hands, maybe because of the rain and the ball was slippery, but he could have saved that.
He could, but that doesn't mean he should had. It's way harder to react to a ball like that than a ball that goes up, same if the ball goes to the first post. He only touched it becuase there was less angle (as every ball that goes to the first post), not because the ball itself was easy. He barely even had time to react.

That was disappointing play by Japan in it's second half. They were going on and on but IVC was just too good.
Dunno, overall Japan didn't look that bad, but airballs have always been a problem for them for obvious reasons :/

One moment of lacking of attention and Ivory Coast turned the table... Sad match... :(
They are not dead yet though, I think they have quality to win against Greece and seek for the victory against Columbia. I hope so.
Why do you keep calling them Columbia?
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Yeah Japan didn't really show up in the second half. Honda looked like he was tired and started making some bad passes.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Japan was not like themselves in the 2nd half, they played much more in the 1st half... The two goals from Ivory Coast crumbled them and we didn't see Japan anymore in the match. They were not making counter attacks like they normally do and Honda was too apathetic.

Man you could see that he actually got the ball but it slipped through his hands, maybe because of the rain and the ball was slippery, but he could have saved that.
I agree, probably the raining. :(
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
He could, but that doesn't mean he should had. It's way harder to react to a ball like that than a ball that goes up, same if the ball goes to the first post. He only touched it becuase there was less angle (as every ball that goes to the first post), not because the ball itself was easy. He barely even had time to react.



Dunno, overall Japan didn't look that bad, but airballs have always been a problem for them for obvious reasons :/
Maybe.. but I'm gonna agree with what all the other commentators and "analysts" said -.-
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So simple, it took them an entire hour to realise they had to use crossings against Japan.
Lol, not sure if I do have to laugh at this tho. :XD

Drogba obviously has an influence in team morale tho, so he was the guiding spirit in the turnaround. japan at least could have gotten a draw with a bit more concentration in attack. But second half was all ivory Coast.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I wonder who they are.
Couch coaches! :XD

I'll agree it was a difficult save, and the rain didn't make it easier.

Like a lot of games these days, Japan probably should have took their chances in the first half :/
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Lol, not sure if I do have to laugh at this tho. :XD

Drogba obviously has an influence in team morale tho, so he was the guiding spirit in the turnaround. japan at least could have gotten a draw with a bit more concentration in attack. But second half was all ivory Coast.
No dude, I'm serious :lmao

Drogba gets in, Ivory Coast says ¨oh, what about crossing?¨, they score twice. Yoshida is huge but overall Japan's defense has always been rather weak (not just in level, but mostly in their body, whereas Ivory Coast has some huge mofos that could had taken advantage of that earlier).

Couch coaches! :XD

I'll agree it was a difficult save, and the rain didn't make it easier.
Like, ok, he could had saved it, it wasn't a penalty nor anything like that, but it wasn't a simple ball at all either. And he was great in the first half too so blaming him for that goal is... quite unfair, lol.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sunday will be a day full of calm matches, without great surprises... I think.

Switzerland x Ecuador
France x Honduras
Argentina x Bosnia and Herzegovina

The last match, particularly, had the worst choice of hosting city I've ever seen in my life. Who had the idea to make Argies put their feet on Maracanã before Brazil? :nah
 
Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
While I think Valencia sucks, I'm actually taking the opposite in that match, Leo. I would take a draw there, but draws do not exist at the 2014 WC, so...

Switzerland vs Ecuador
France vs Honduras
Argentina vs Bosnia and Herzegovina

Bosnia is quite strong, actually, but I don't know how they'll fair with a whole stadium full of Argentinians. I'd pick a draw or a Bosnian win if this were in Europe, however.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
While I think Valencia sucks, I'm actually taking the opposite in that match, Leo. I would take a draw there, but draws do not exist at the 2014 WC, so...

Switzerland vs Ecuador
Ecuador winning Switzerland? Why? :hmm

Draw is bad, principally in the 2nd round when we have to stand overtime and penalties. Decide everything fair and square, without stalling is the mark of this WC. :nod
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Ecuador winning Switzerland? Why? :hmm

Draw is bad, principally in the 2nd round when we have to stand overtime and penalties. Decide everything fair and square, without stalling is the mark of this WC. :nod
Primarily because this WC's in South America.

Also, while Switzerland have more talent overall than do Ecuador, I don't really know how well Switzerland can make that count as a team. The one good match Switzerland have played in the last four years was that 1-0 victory over Spain at the 2010 WC, where Spain played horribly (barely created and Switzerland got a goal and then just defended the whole way) and Switzerland weren't actually very good either.

There's so much more drama with ET and penalties, though. Admittedly, in the group stages, those silly tiebreakers are best avoided and wins are better to see.
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
I wanna see that Bosnia match cuz Bosnia is like Croatia to me :arf why so late that match :(
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
England: playing beautifully, great players and in the end always losing since 1966
Italy: Always an old generation, nobody believe really in the team and winning world cups ...
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
England: playing beautifully, great players and in the end always losing since 1966
Italy: Always an old generation, nobody believe really in the team and winning world cups ...
I don't know about beautifully... I mean England were dangerous but they weren't that amazing IMO. Rooney especially was dreadful at times and very non-beautiful.

Pirlo at 35yo still playing better than 25yo people xD
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wanna see that Bosnia match cuz Bosnia is like Croatia to me :arf why so late that match :(
I hate to admit it, but Argentina will destroy them. :XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top