Well that's what I said. Meh, 1998 was legendary but it's not untouchable. Nothing is, and this WC is still young. Hence why I said "it might at this rate".
Yeah I know it isn't xD
I still have hope the stronger SA teams will get better and better throughout the tourny, but that might apply for Germany and Netherlands too. No reason they shouldn't get better with even more practice. I have no hope in France, sorry.
I know what you said, and I know you were hedging your bets with that comment for obvious reasons, but it still sounds like blasphemy.
Yeah, I don't have much hope in France either. QFs is as far as I think that they can get, at the most.
1998 World Cup was the worst ever. I didn't watch it, but France won upon Brazil. It's more than enough.
You were three years old at the time. Plus, you'd hate it anyway because France beat Brazil.
I hated 1998. It was shitty with a terrible team winning it. A defensive rock won it. Fun fact: zidane was average at best before the finale. Deschamps, dessaily, thuram, viera and blanc were the winners of that team and the reason they were in the finale. Plus, the average number of goals per game wasn t good.
Well, I'll grant that Zidane wasn't always great, and he was suspended because he stomped on the South African player's back, but he made his mark on the tournament in a massive way. There's nothing wrong with solid defense, but France were exciting at times. You could, ostensibly, say that Lillian Thuram was the most important player, as he scored his only two ever international goals in one match there, but...
Well, it's not like you can be objective, you have a Zidane tatoo in your butt.
Not if we're on our day too ^^
LOL.
It'll be an entertaining tournament and we'll see what happens.