- Joined
- Apr 5, 2012
- Messages
- 3,706
- Reaction score
- 2,315
- Gender
- Hidden
- Country
-
What a circus
Last edited by a moderator:

What has always been a fact is also that your countries need football much more than european countries due to your status as developping country or second world country. There is more envy to succeed in football which has been for a long time the only way to get out of poor living conditions.World Cup always was after European Leagues seasons, it is not something new and if it were just a matter of fatigue, it would have happened in the past. They played poorly and deserved lose, fatigue is for me loser excuses.
Please, don't think that European teams are invencible because it was never true and never will be. These complains is staining everything that that World Cup brought: good and exciting soccer.
And completely unrelated, yeah.I know .. That was bad but true nonetheless

It didn't help that Diego Costa was jeered each time he had the ball by a really awful brasilian public. The guy just choose the nationality he felt closer. Give him a break.Spain finally uses Villa and he scores. So disappointed with del Biscuit.
it may have been in the past, man... but it isn't as you think, imo. No more than poor kids on usa see basketball or american football as the only mean for a better life.What has always been a fact is also that your countries need football much more than european countries due to your status as developping country or second world country. There is more envy to succeed in football which has been for a long time the only way to get out of poor living conditions.
I know .. That was bad but true nonetheless

You also have literally one of the best economies in the planet. I'm surprised one of you guys decided to reply him, after all it was a jab that came out of nowhere, lol.it may have been in the past, man... but it isn't as you think, imo. No more than poor kids on usa see basketball or american football as the only mean for a better life.
most of the people like football, and it's the main sport by far.. but on the last decade people have been getting better access to college education, and all that stuff.
The level of the education remains poor, but we're already having problems like too many engineers on certain areas

10 members of our team play in European Leagues, so it isn't as if our entire team is "well-rested" because of MLS's weird scheduling or anything like that.I don't know how big a problem it is. Most big teams have many players from Europe. For example Argentina has Aguero, Messi, Di Maria and Higuain to mention some. Brazil has Neymar, Marcelo, David Luiz, Oscar, the list goes on. I don't know if these players are really underperforming. Seems more like a team issue overall. That's just two examples from the western non-Europe world. I guess teams like USA are less strained but I don't know how much of a factor that is when you have the type of quality these teams have, they should roll over such opponents regardless of playing at 90%. In Portugal's place only 3 obviously play for "super clubs", and only 1 of them is playing. Even all three I couldn't say underperformed. The team overall just sucks hard. I don't think it's exhaustion, it's the overall mentality being dreadful.
It's not from nowhere. It's trying to explain why south american teams are so successful in world cups. Denying the fact that football has always been regarded as a mean to escape poverty ... I guess you lack distance with the facts.The Netherlands score... I guess they'll play Brazil in the next round
You also have literally one of the best economies in the planet. I'm surprised one of you guys decided to reply him, after all it was a jab that came out of nowhere, lol.
which is simply not true. The intensity nowadays is much bigger and some players are playing way too much in Europe.World Cup always was after European Leagues seasons, it is not something new and if it were just a matter of fatigue, it would have happened in the past.
Leo simply said: They played badly, it's not because they are tired nor anything like that, that's just a lame excuse.It's not from nowhere. It's trying to explain why south american teams are so successful in world cups. Denying the fact that football has always been regarded as a mean to escape poverty ... I guess you lack distance with the facts.
I didn't reply that. Don't disform what I told. For me, it's a continuation of my argument of last page. Football and especially national team is more important in south american countries and yes, poverty is a factor.Leo simply said: They played badly, it's not because they are tired nor anything like that, that's just a lame excuse.
And you replied: you live in a second world country filled with poor people.
Where the hell is a connection there?
How isn't that true? It's not like (for example) Brazil has 90 % of their players in Europe. Same with us (and our league ended like 2 days before the obliged vacations started, so that Europe league thing isn't true at all). Why would we excuse our terrible play with something like that?If it was presented as a jab, it's because I was annoyed by this
which is simply not true. The intensity nowadays is much bigger and some players are playing way too much in Europe.
That's exatly what you replied. You took his reply as something personal and decided to throw a jab at him, lol. There's absolutely no connection between the post you did and the one you replied, other than the fact that his words somehow made you feel butthurt.I didn't reply that. Don't disform what I told. For me, it's a continuation of my argument of last page. Football and especially national team is more important in south american countries and yes, poverty is a factor.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...verty--the-creator-of-superstars-9432245.html