Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I saw this from all angles, but I will not discuss it. It will just infuriate me more. What I have to do is root for Costa Rica.
When they have to give penalty, they don't. This World Cup has been unfair when it comes to penalties.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
What about Al- and Ni-geria? :worrybunny
Algeria - all in their hands, Nigeria in a better position, tho Argentina ... I like both of them advancing ... maybe Iran so Asia has one...

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I already posted something like this but better :<
Ah sorry, skipped a few pages here, also I heard group G might have something similar, but more unlikely?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Suarez...I mean...

This guy is a human piece of trash, obviously. If a dog bites over and over, you muzzle him or take it out behind the woodshed. He deserves a straightjacket and a padded room more than cheers from a crowd. If I was Uruguayan or a Liverpool fan, I'd be ashamed...
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Our battle already started here.
I'm on second place so far. Hardy was a lucky bastard with Group B. :nah
Some people deeply regret their predictions I guess. :derp

My bets for tomorrow:

Bosnia and Hezergovina x Iran
Nigeria x Argentina
Ecuador x France
Honduras x Switzerland
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
More proof that, while this tournament looked good at the start, it's starting to become one of the least good WCs in recent memory. Sure, the results on the pitch are a mystery, but these refs have just been horrible.

Tomorrow's picks:

Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Iran
Nigeria vs Argentina
Ecuador vs France
Honduras vs Switzerland
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
For me, it has been the second most exciting World Cup I've ever watched, the first is 2002 because Brazil was champion. That said, it is a candidate to the most exciting yet. XD
I understand that European will say that this World Cup has been horrible seeing their "hegemony" falling apart. Probably, it will be the World Cup with more American countries qualified. :D

I have the feeling you don't like surprises, while I love them. XD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
More proof that, while this tournament looked good at the start, it's starting to become one of the least good WCs in recent memory. Sure, the results on the pitch are a mystery, but these refs have just been horrible.
Yes, but unlike other times, it's been mostly without consequence
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Suarez...I mean...

This guy is a human piece of trash, obviously. If a dog bites over and over, you muzzle him or take it out behind the woodshed. He deserves a straightjacket and a padded room more than cheers from a crowd. If I was Uruguayan or a Liverpool fan, I'd be ashamed...
It's unbelievable. Honestly, Suarez belongs in the cesspool of trash that should not be getting any spot light or allowed to roam the streets. Why should the opponents be worried that he'll bite them without any consequences? At least some comments were close to "I wanted Uruguay to win but not like this".
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yes, but unlike other times, it's been mostly without consequence
Indeed, for the most part, the issues haven't really changed what would've happened anyway, but the countries that have gotten screwed and lost out on the Round of 16 definitely have legitimate gripes.

Barring the first match with Brazil and the Japanese ref buying into Fred's dive, none of the calls looked even potentially corrupt, they were just really bad calls.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It's unbelievable. Honestly, Suarez belongs in the cesspool of trash that should not be getting any spot light or allowed to roam the streets. Why should the opponents be worried that he'll bite them without any consequences? At least some comments were close to "I wanted Uruguay to win but not like this".
It's a good point...and honestly, if I ran FIFA he'd be banned for life. Gamesmanship is is a part of every sport, but in what realm is biting even remotely explainable? It's like spitting, but actually violent.

It's sad, because it's obvious this guy has some sort of mental illness, so he needs treatment. But he shouldn't be allowed in a stadium for a long time IMO
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ivory Coast... cost...me some points in the bracket :XD

Doing well so far, though ^^
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Suárez bite was well planned since long ago. On the image below you can see the fail tentative in the Conf. Cup last year. Against the same player. :cookiehand



---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

FIFA charges Luis Suarez for World Cup biting incident
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
They won't ban Suarez for life though...simply put, other incidents have been more violent/damaging and got a few games suspension and fined. Looking at it from a history point thought, and he can get banned for a very long time.

I didn't believe it when I hear,cuz I missed the game and he behaved himself all season, so I'm really disappointed. A genius with many flaws.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
for today: Iran, Argentinia (though seeing them lose would be nice, it won't be against Nigeria), France and Honduras (sorry Switzerland, but history is against you)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top