Info 2017 Manga Awards Information Thread

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Welcome to the 2017 Manga Awards!


​
Welcome to the MangaHelpers Manga Awards, an event where you, the fans, nominate and decide what is the best of the best in the Manga world. As always, we encourage participation from all our members in both nominating and voting.

Aside from a couple categories, this year we have decided to focus on Manga that were published in 2016. If you are confused on what is eligible or not, please feel free to contact any of us that are involved in running this project.


The nomination round will end Sunday, March 26th, 2017. Please choose up to 3 options.

Nomination Rules
  • You are allowed up to three nominations.
  • Please clearly state the Manga you are nominating as well as any further specifics (e.g. characters) if required.
  • Please bold all your nominations.
  • The six entries with the most nominations per entry will proceed to the next round.
  • Do not post nominations to this thread.

If you want to change your nominations, please quote your original nomination post and clearly state which nominations you want to change along with your new nominations.


Categories

2017 Manga Awards Categories

Character Driven Categories:
Best Full Cast of 2016
Best Major Female Character of 2016
Best Major Male Character of 2016
Best Minor Female Character of 2016
Best Minor Male Character of 2016
Best Villain of 2016
Best Battle of 2016
Best Couple of 2016

General Categories:
Best New Manga of 2016
Best Shounen Manga of 2016
Best Seinen Manga of 2016
Best Shoujo/Josei Manga of 2016
Best Artwork of 2016
Best Plot Twist of 2016
Best Chapter of 2016
Best Page of 2016

Staff Categories:
Best Mangaka of 2016
Best Writing of 2016

All-Time Categories:
Best Manga of All-Time
Best Character Backstory of All-Time




:confetti Enjoy! :confetti​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Makes me chuckle a little seeing these "FT" and "Taking most awards" thrown together in the same sentence. I mean, for one thing I know for sure that even FT's numbers seem to backfire on them a lot, and I'm pretty sure the threads with "Manga and Elements of Manga Published in 2016" means that only those 2016 series are eligible?
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Ok thanks. That means that all the things I want to vote for, I can. :blush
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Just for clarification: Best Page = Panel?
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Best Writing of 2016 will go to Fairy Tail with no discussion, just for the lols. :derp

Best Page is going to be a hard choice, the most difficult of all.
 

randimari

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2017
Messages
105
Reaction score
248
Age
33
Country
United States
I would like to participate in these awards but I have to say, I hope it won't get to the point where people are discouraged to vote for any of their particular favorite manga, just because it's something some don't like. Such as FT, I understand some don't want it to take the majority of votes and I'm fine with that because I don't want it take all the votes either but it seems that just childish people might undermine others for voting for anything FT related. I'm uncomfortable with that and it's honestly annoying. Some people don't like FT which is fine but it's a very active forum on here so many people do. Not everyone will like everything but it seems like others with discourage the voting process or make gag choices for laughs. I can talk down truthfully on the other popular series on MH that I've followed, examples like Tokyo Ghoul which I think is a horrible scripted manga that has unappealing art to me or how NNT lost me after the 10 commandments got beaten stupidly (still follow loosely however), even Neverland which I love almost as much as FT has had uninteresting moments but I don't like to provide toxic behavior because some enjoy their favorite manga and negative opinions are not enjoyable to read. This is all for fun at the end of the day but I just hope there won't be people to make anyone feel uncomfortable about voting for anything.

That being said I hope FT and Neverland do well :)
 

Laxus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2014
Messages
732
Reaction score
2,582
Gender
Male
Country
Dragonstone
I send a PM for the nominations?

Or I post them here?
 

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
8,347
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
I send a PM for the nominations?

Or I post them here?
If you want to make a anonymous nomination, PM any staff member involved in the event, if public, post in each nomination thread you wish to nominate.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,556
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I know this is probably late and pointless, but can we pleeeeaseeee have a best comedy manga category? There's a manga I want to push so badly in this category.....
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I know this is probably late and pointless, but can we pleeeeaseeee have a best comedy manga category? There's a manga I want to push so badly in this category.....
We will consider it for next year. :nod
 

Ice Hunter

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
116
Reaction score
427
Age
28
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
This only for Manga published on 2016? Does naruto count on this award?
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
If only this were an award...
Best Arsonist 2017 - Ray (The Promised Neverland)
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
If only this were an award...
Best Arsonist 2017 - Ray (The Promised Neverland)
Wait wat?! Ok I spoiled myself and Im up to the date with this manga, damnit.

I wonder why the "best death" category has been removed this year, there were some memorable character deaths in 2016 :noworry
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,639
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I can't help but feel like Yakusoko no Neverland is riding on a fair bit of hype in the manga awards and might have a chance of stealing some awards it possibly shouldn't get. While the story is good and the art is nice, I just question if something still so new is really all people have hyped it up to be so far. That's just my two cents on it though.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I can't help but feel like Yakusoko no Neverland is riding on a fair bit of hype in the manga awards and might have a chance of stealing some awards it possibly shouldn't get. While the story is good and the art is nice, I just question if something still so new is really all people have hyped it up to be so far. That's just my two cents on it though.
As is 10 or so years of Fairy Tail my friend :p
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
@SirSamuel016 I know what you mean, but the thing is Neverland has been the greatest revelation of 2016 by far and highlights almost all points: Best writing Ive seen in a long while, the three of the main cast are so good, the villain is scary/smart/not cliché, its had very good twists and scenes...
I do agree there is a little bit of hype for Neverland, but its justified and when we talk about this last year I think it "overall" was easily one of the best.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,639
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
As is 10 or so years of Fairy Tail my friend :p
You don't see Fairy Tail getting many nominations though (it doesn't deserve to be nominated in most areas this year imo). Neverland's what, first 20 or so chapters are all that can be considered for nominations, and my point in my previous post is that with just 20 chapters, does it really deserve to be nominated against other manga that have more than 100 chapters up and have kept their quality going for the most part throughout the series and more importantly the last year? I personally don't think 20 chapters is enough to really be enough to legitimately consider Neverland for much other than best new manga for what it's put out hence why I'd say it's riding on a fair bit of hype.
 
Top