- Joined
- Jun 4, 2008
- Messages
- 1,437
- Reaction score
- 341
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
So, I'm sure all the mods/admins know of the 24/48 hour no spoiler rule, no contents from the latest chapter of any manga can be discussed outside the discussion thread for the next 24/48 hours so that readers who have not read the latest chapter will not be spoiled.
But is it really enforced?
For the first... *checks profile for when first warned* 1.25 years I spent posting at the forum, I never knew of the rule, and probably broke it numerous times unknowingly. But now I know not to post of the latest chapter, but yet if you all would just take a quick look at the Bleach biblioteca forum, there's like a total disregard for it (in general havn't seen mods posting in the bleach forum nearly as much as before).
Now, believe me, I'm not angry that I got warned and others aren't being warned (the warns wore off quickly and overall did not stop me from posting in the mangahelpers forums), but is it really logical to enforce such a rule? Either you have to enforce this rule 100% or not at all. Unfortunately, 100% does mean constant patrolling of the non-current-chapter-discussion threads, which I'm not sure everybody is interested in.
I mean really, is it that bad to just let the 24/48 hour no spoiler rule go? At least for the two mangas I read (naruto and bleach), I know when a new chapter has moved beyond just spoilers and a RAW/Edited Manga has been released. It's pretty obvious, first thing I do when checking either of the forums is to check for new spoilers, so when I see the number of posts in the spoiler thread reset to zero, I know a raw/Edited Manga has been posted. All one would have to do is scroll down like a third of a page and check it out. I do not think that it's outrageous for it to be assumed that they have read the latest chapter if it's blatantly already come out by scrolling down to check the spoiler/discussion threads.
Thus I ask you, is the the 24/48 hour spoiler rule neccesary? And if it is, can you really consistently enforce it?
But is it really enforced?
For the first... *checks profile for when first warned* 1.25 years I spent posting at the forum, I never knew of the rule, and probably broke it numerous times unknowingly. But now I know not to post of the latest chapter, but yet if you all would just take a quick look at the Bleach biblioteca forum, there's like a total disregard for it (in general havn't seen mods posting in the bleach forum nearly as much as before).
Now, believe me, I'm not angry that I got warned and others aren't being warned (the warns wore off quickly and overall did not stop me from posting in the mangahelpers forums), but is it really logical to enforce such a rule? Either you have to enforce this rule 100% or not at all. Unfortunately, 100% does mean constant patrolling of the non-current-chapter-discussion threads, which I'm not sure everybody is interested in.
I mean really, is it that bad to just let the 24/48 hour no spoiler rule go? At least for the two mangas I read (naruto and bleach), I know when a new chapter has moved beyond just spoilers and a RAW/Edited Manga has been released. It's pretty obvious, first thing I do when checking either of the forums is to check for new spoilers, so when I see the number of posts in the spoiler thread reset to zero, I know a raw/Edited Manga has been posted. All one would have to do is scroll down like a third of a page and check it out. I do not think that it's outrageous for it to be assumed that they have read the latest chapter if it's blatantly already come out by scrolling down to check the spoiler/discussion threads.
Thus I ask you, is the the 24/48 hour spoiler rule neccesary? And if it is, can you really consistently enforce it?