MH 25 or 50 Things About Yourself Discussion Thread

Raine_Joybringer

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: 25 or 50 Things About Yourself: Discussion Thread

Haha, now I'll definately have to begin thinking about getting the costume started. Gotta draw up the design, pick out patterns, find the right material... phew, I got my work cut out for me. :P

Amaethon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Woah. Majorly cool.
Yeah, thanks. I'm quite the mut. ^^

Crohn's disease - ow. I'm guessing you have to watch your diet closely then?
Not nearly as closely as I should. I hate the idea of a disease influencing my life style, so I just don't let it, even if it gives the occasional ache. I don't tell people very much, but I figured that since you are able to tell people you're deaf, I should tell people that I've got Crohn's Disease; I dunno why I hide it sometimes.

Nothing wrong with that XD
Yeah, it was fun while it lasted. Looking back, I wish that I did some of the cool things that the mod team at NF does, like change username colors and such.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

walkie said:
@gold knight

i am still in turkey, i go to university at istanbul ( constantinapolis other name, although we turkish do not use that name some people using that name supposely i think, anyway)...if i get a job, i will live in here because i love that city...this the only city which is on both continents, Europe and Asia, i guess...half of the city is on asia and the other half is on europe, sea is in the middle :) and we use ships very often as public transport :amuse
Yeah, Constantinople - that's what we call it because of Constantine the Great I guess. We read about it in art history classes. Istanbul's a cool name too ^_^ Yeah, must be fun being part of two continents!

i guess job's are a bit similar, too...i used to play very much until university.at university i started to play volleyball a lot...
The biggest hit I ever had wasn't in either American football or rugby, it was actually volleyball. I was up front and the ball went over and I went up against the net to try to hit it, and I went chest-to-chest with the poor guy in front of me - he went FLYING and broke his wrist. I felt bad, because it was a sport where I wasn't even trying to hit somebody :s

thats quite a lot i guess...why?? because of job or your fathers job or smthng like that??so in which state are you now?
Partly - my dad was a manager of a company who kept being moved around to help start new branches and teach the workers how to do their jobs correctly. The other reason was that I kept being shuffled around in schools because my parents were trying to find a good school for the deaf for me, then they tried to find a public school with a good deaf program. In the end, I just went to a public school without a deaf program (was the only deaf student there) and I ended up enjoying the experience anyway. I'm in Tennessee now.

i went to usa, florida..miami looks like a nice place but it was weird for me because i thought florida is an american state not spanish or latin state :D almost everybody speaks spanish in florida....and i must say i was in New York for only 2 days but i liked new york too...me and my friends drive all the way with car from niagara, NY to valdosta, GA..it was fuuunn :)
Yeah, Florida is kind of different from the rest of the country because of its close connection with Cuba. But if you go around America you'll notice each state has a pretty different community, with a different mix of cultures. I still think it's an amazing thing how so many different people live in America, so much land that it has to supervise, and yet it's still all one country. Thank the Constitution for that I guess.

Trips in America can be quite fun yeah. I'm still planning to go on a trip all around the country sometimes. ^^[br]Posted at: January 29, 2006, 04:06:27 PM_________________________________________________
Amaethon said:
Not nearly as closely as I should. I hate the idea of a disease influencing my life style, so I just don't let it, even if it gives the occasional ache. I don't tell people very much, but I figured that since you are able to tell people you're deaf, I should tell people that I've got Crohn's Disease; I dunno why I hide it sometimes.
I see - well I never really thought of my deafness as something to hide, except to see the reactions of people when they find out I guess. But it's part of who I am so yeah, friends find out eventually anyway.

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece

@Walkie

I'm Greek! :tem
It's nice to meet someone from a country that's been hated by the majority of the population here... I don't think that the people of today have anything to do with the people of yesterday (well, most of them at least) and it's nice to see that we have something in common :tem Hopefully we'll get along :thumbs

@Raine

I too want to see pics! (The more people informed, the more fans you'll get)

@Amaethon

What's the disease you have? Oh, and don't worry about it, sharing always feels good... Let me tell you a bit about myself. I was born with an anomaly (can't share much of the details because I'm not familiar with medical trerminology in English) that affected my hormone levels, which would have led in me being dwarf sized, hairy like hell and possibly sterile... BUT I was saved thanks to hydrocortizone :sweat
I also happen to have another disorder/anomaly/not-exactly-what-you'd-call-a-disease thing on my skin that causes my cells to divide faster than normal (no stable rythm) which in turn resaults in a snaky kind of skin... You can more or less peel me... Unfortunately though, in certain areas like some of my nails, this looks ugly and (as of lately) my toes too look as if they're recovering from injury (dry, dead, skin on top of the fresh one). Generally, this anomaly is not contagious, uncurable and depending on how bad it gets, it can be ugly too... So far, my friends insist that no one would know unless I told them, but you know what it's like to be different in a way, you feel everyone knows.

See? I told you about me and know I run the risk of you picturing me as the leper king in "Kingdom of Heaven" till you see my picture :p

@Kaiser

I used to be like you concerning this game, but in time I mellowed out. It's like GK said, you can't expect much from a game that's a mix of games and stories... And to tell you the truth I bought it to see Cloud (and Sephiroth whom I have yet to unlock). Apart from that, I sensed a lot of hostility on your part and would like to tell you not to be so prejudiced against your audience. I agree with all those points you covered, yet I still like the game. Does it make sense? No. Does it have to? No. Whether you enjoy a game or not is totaly up to you. It's not a matter to argue over in a debate because tastes aren't supposed to be ruled by logic. Think about it. And chill out :thumbs :tem

@GK

I will tell you and the others about rhabdomancers soon. Right now I have to be going (the others in 3D are calling for me, I don't know what's going on, we might be playing DotA in a while). What I can tell you in the few spare seconds I think I have left is that "rhabdomancy" is a totaly Greek term, that my father claims to have seen online (Google had some results I think).

What's it about? People holding a stick, or a metalic rod or other similar tools and finding water, minerals, gold, people and "other" things... More on this when I have time (not that I know much myself).

walkie

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

@ GK

The biggest hit I ever had wasn't in either American football or rugby, it was actually volleyball. I was up front and the ball went over and I went up against the net to try to hit it, and I went chest-to-chest with the poor guy in front of me - he went FLYING and broke his wrist. I felt bad, because it was a sport where I wasn't even trying to hit somebody
that made me laugh :smile-big but i must say you are not the only one ;) one time i was playing volleyball at university and there was a girl playing as a playmaker at my side...i must say she was smaller then me (thats why girls can be better playmakers than boys, so if there is a girl, we let them play as playmaker), ball went high, i didnt think she would try to hit it, and i jumped and i didnt look down...next moment was, she was screaming :s she couldnt walk for a short time because i falled down on her, especially one of her legs...and this is not the only one but thats enough for me for now :eyeroll

Partly - my dad was a manager of a company who kept being moved around to help start new branches and teach the workers how to do their jobs correctly. The other reason was that I kept being shuffled around in schools because my parents were trying to find a good school for the deaf for me, then they tried to find a public school with a good deaf program. In the end, I just went to a public school without a deaf program (was the only deaf student there) and I ended up enjoying the experience anyway. I'm in Tennessee now.
waoww impressive...being a deaf and going to a normal public program....if you did handle it, it is impressive...

Yeah, Florida is kind of different from the rest of the country because of its close connection with Cuba. But if you go around America you'll notice each state has a pretty different community, with a different mix of cultures. I still think it's an amazing thing how so many different people live in America, so much land that it has to supervise, and yet it's still all one country. Thank the Constitution for that I guess.
that is exacly what i was thinking while i was leaving usa...to many different people from different races and different religions, and still one country...if usa people think as same as european people now, usa can not be one country, believe me ;)

@Anax

I'm Greek!
It's nice to meet someone from a country that's been hated by the majority of the population here... I don't think that the people of today have anything to do with the people of yesterday (well, most of them at least) and it's nice to see that we have something in common Hopefully we'll get along
i personaly do not have any problems with greeks :) i think the real problem makers are politicians, anyway i hope we will get along,too
by the way i know you like cats..i suppose you have a cat, right?? did i miss it or did you post your cats photo somewhere??

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece

walkie said:
@Anax

i personaly do not have any problems with greeks :) i think the real problem makers are politicians, anyway i hope we will get along,too
by the way i know you like cats..i suppose you have a cat, right?? did i miss it or did you post your cats photo somewhere??
Indeed, politicians are the ones to blame... Last night I dreamed that the Japanese dropped a nuclear bomb in Athens that almost anihilated the whole of Greece (I was saved due to being on the northern border). That dream was my worst nightmare. Ever. There's actually more to it, though it'd be more fitting in the scary stories thread... Still, the idea of Greece going to war with Turkey turns my stomach upside down. The people don't want war unless their brains are replaced with "propaganda stuffing". Also, should the two countries go to war, the only people bound to be safe will be the ones who decided to have a war, the ones who threw the war at the unsuspecting populus (sorry Iwanin for twisting your line). I don't think any word, man has ever made, can convey my aversion towards war... It's the worst of the characteristics that separate us from the animals...

Now, concerning my cat, I'm sad to inform you that it has been dead in years... Even worse, my pics of her haven't been scanned and the scanner is damaged. Anyhow, if/when my father fixes the scanner and scans them pics, you'll find them in the pet thread :tem

EDIT/
walkie said:
17.  do not get why greeks are full of anger to turkish people
Allow me to answer :tem
It's actually an easy one, you see the Turkish people according to my not-so-accurate History knowledge where driven to the place they are now by Genkis Khan. Sadly, the Turks were so strong they decided they'll have Greece, and they did. The Greeks had to live for about 400 years under the oppression of the Turks who saw them as slaves, called them "raja" (spell check) which I recall being an insult, though not what it means exactly. Anyway, think black people as slaves, though not SO bad, and you'll get an idea.
The true question is why the Greeks of today hate the Turks of today for the doing of the Turks of yesterday. Some people think that if your great great great great grandfather killed my great great great great great grandfather, I should kill you and even enjoy it! Well, this doesn't work for me Walkie :thumbs If you prove to be a good guy who doesn't call me names and doesn't see me as a "raja" then I'm fine with you :amuse

Pazuzu said:
1. I have the same name as a famous actor, who also comes from my city.
What would that name be Paz? Mind sharing?
2. I'm a devout atheist.
And I'm a curious cat who can't categorise himself to be anything... I question everything so much (sometimes just for the fun of the rhetorical games, since they involve mind games and word games, which in turn involve linguistics, all of which I've loved since day one of my existance)

17. I enjoy linguistics. No, really, far too much.
28. Due to the guy staying with me, I currently think in an obscure dialect of Japanese that probably nobody knows.
29. As an unofficial linguistics project, I invented a dialect of Japanese that offshoots from Old Japanese, has no influence from modern Japanese and actually developed into its own language with its own grammatical structure.
30. Yes, I am THAT kind of weirdo.
Yup, the more I know about you the more I wanna talk with you about all those matters... You are the only person I know so far that shares my weird interests and wouldn't call me a weirdo! It'd be great if we got to know each other and also make some twisted linguistic games...

3. I'm gay. In the non-flaming way. I have issues with flaming gays.
Umm... what's a flaming gay? How do I tell you apart from them? Can you tell if someone is gay without asking?

4. I have absolutely zero artistic talent.
There's art in language... of course if you aren't a writer or a poet you have to have a Deidara kind of brain (or an Anax kind of brain) to see it... then again, I don't usually open myself on what is artistic and what is not, however it was impossible to hold back with you making such a comment :p

13. I hate speaking, in any language.
Been there... sometimes when speaking my tongue just acts on its own and I tend to say things like "she" instead of "sea" or "see" (worse, "leave" instead of "live")... Plus, you can't edit what you've said :notrust Anyhow, I generally don't mind anymore... I don't enjoy speaking as much as typing/writing but I don't mind it :amuse

11. I've been able to properly speak 6 languages during my life. Currently, that's down to 4.
12. I have some level of comprehension in about 10 languages.
:blink

15. I have never played WoW, but my catchphrase is still "FOR THE HORDE".
It's be nice to have you on Genjuros and talk, frankly, you are better off away from the game... especially if you are a videogame maniac. Personally, I was a hardcore maniac in the past but it kind of wore off on me. Really, I must be the most laid back WoW player in the world :amuse Hahaha, and to think I came to 3D to play WoW but I've been here for the past 4-5 hours... :D

19. I'm a nationalist. As in, I don't care what your heritage is, if you were born and raised in America, you're American and I'll laugh at you if you tell me otherwise. And so on.
Hmmm, I'll have to contemplate on this... Sounds like something an ancient Greek said (more or less: "Greek is he who received Greek education").

8. I can't stand sports.
9. I'm hugely into martial arts.
10. To even get a shot at learning Baguazhang (Hakkeshou) is one of my life goals.
I wish you the best and may you be a grand master some day. Just know I'll be there asking questions all day long :sweat
Still, how can you be so into martial arts and not be able to stand sports? I mean, it can't be the strain you put your muscles through or that you are lazy, so what is it?

20. I believe that The Lion King is the greatest animated production in history, and nothing animated has ever EVER come close to even matching it. Not even Naruto.
In what way "the greatest animation production"? If you are talking about drawing quality I must say I like movies like "Escaflowne", "Steamboy", "Metropolis" and even "Mononoke Hime" better. If you aren't talking about drawing quality, what are you talking about? Also, note the "I think" part, it's just personal taste :amuse

27. I, like Anax, believe in the existence of "ki".
We should have a talk someday (or break it down to several days, weeks, months or even years) about "ki" and all the derivatives of simply accepting "ki" (like its influence in the world, science, religion etc.)

33. It is ridiculously difficult to think up stuff for this when you have a thread where you answer a ton of questions about yourself.
Visit my thread too when you have the time :amuse

31. I forgetted to say, I'm a shodan in karate, hopefully going for my nidan this year.
Keep it up! :thumbs

32. My actual motto is Hakuna Matata. It fits me really well.
That's great! It's nice to be relaxed (it's Aiki too  ;) )

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Hamsun:

OMG! A kurenai/asuma fannnnn!!!

*dances*

YESH!

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

@shinraiden

06 . "watashi wa gaijin de shimatta ga, uchujin de wa nai yo"
What does that mean?

15 . Made a pilgrimage to Yad Vashem and Auschwitz, every human needs to do so at least once in their life.
What is this? Is this another form of something like pilgrimage to Mecca by muslims?

18 . Oldest of seven kids
wow, you have to take care 6 other brothers and sisters. How old are they now? Is the age difference between you and your other 6 brothers and sisters far?

@walkie
1. i am male
2. from turkey
3. yes i am muslim
Welcome, another Turkish. So where in Turkey do you live? The Asia part or the europe part? Turkey is a great country. Ankara is the capital and yet Istanbul is most well-known.

9. have a part-time job about on football (soccer) data analysis
Wow, that's great. So which football league are you analysing now? I have a friend who analyse football league for entire europe including Turkey too. So do you get it right for the winner of Champions League in Istanbul last time around?
25. like sleeping
Brliiant. I am same just like you. :glomp

@overjojojo

7. im very lazy
Who's not? Everyone is, I guess. :p

10. very smart
How smart? Will you take this test and tell me the result? http://web.tickle.com/tests/superiq/?test=superiqogt

20. extremely lazy
Again, who's not?

@Mexicanking

1. I'm a Mexican
So that's how your name come from. :smile-big

3. I am a lesbian.
Do you feel happy with this kind of life? You are the first lesbian I know. Hi. Welcome.

9. I do have a few close celebrity friends I talk to on aim and the phone.
Examples please?? :wtf
26. I have killed 3 people, all in one car accident.
Do you feel bad about it? If yes, do you still feel bad about it?
31. I am an Admin at Naruto-kun and wrote most of their information.
Ah..that's something I dont know. Well then, thanks for GIF.
44. I am completely horrible at math.
Dont worry, just accosiate them with money and suddenly maths will become the most interesting subject. :thumbs
50. I'm a pathological liar 40% of the time.
What does it mean by pathological liar here? :darn Also, what about the rest of the time? You are a perfect person who tells the truth only? :smile-big

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Eileen, pathological liar means that he does it without meaning to - it's such a habit.

Anax, flaming gays are men who go out of their way to act like women. Some people actually think I am a homophobe because I can't stand being around flaming gays, but I DO have gay friends - I am just annoyed by flaming gays, which I think is the same thing going on with Pazuzu. Just makes my hair stand on end to be next to a man who acts like a woman. Nothing really to do with their sexual orientation, just their behavior and mannerisms.

Hamsun

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

:) ahah oh my, i write short non-fiction about my friend, my love, it was my ex-gf who let me start, and so, my current French Lover like my stories too, and what about you, got you a devianart account for your photos or it is just an hobby wich you take for yourself ? and why the hell want you visit italy (i mean, i'm italian, and here there are nothing that cool.. maybe the food >.< but still) ^__^

Hamsun

Intl Translator
Reaction score

and.. well, i consider homophobes just that ones who can't stand at two huys hugging or kissing or so, what you calls bigots. i mean, nothing about hetero, ahah i don't think that all hetero r homophobe *__^

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece

@Eileen -->

I wonder if the Mexican King...

... is actually a lesbian (a king and a lesbian? Don't you have to be a man to be that? Unless you are from Lesbos, Greece),
...has actually killed three people
...has had sex with a teacher and colleages
...is a pathological liar 40% of the time

It could all be a joke! Tell us king >)

@ GK --> Well, flaming gays make me feel kind of uncomfortable though I wouldn't pay them much attention anyway... In Greece being called "fag" is the worst insult after insulting your mother! Still, I'm simply afraid of being thought gay by girls... nothing else touches me. Think about it: If girls see me with gay guys and think I'm gay too, then should they get to know me while thinking of me as gay, even if they realize their mistake they'll be too embarrased to do anything with me. That or I overanalyze things and bring forth disaster as my mother says :tem Still, if Paz lived around here I'd really like to hand out with him since he is such an interesting person and I wouldn't care about what anyone would have to say :D

@ Eileen again --> Instabul is more famous than Ankara because of its history. It was once Greek (later Byzantine) and in the end taken by the Turks. People call it Constantinople because that's the city's Greek name (meaning City of Constantine). I hope this answers your question and Walkie's too. Also, some Greek are hoping to one day take Constantinople/Istanbul back from the Turks, but I haven't put much thought to this...

Also, I scored 109 at the IQ test, did one mistake I realized but had already clicked and also didn't like the vocabulary questions at ALL since I don't think knowing something means you are "smart". Anyhow, I think I got most right :D Still, 109 when Shikamaru has like 200+? I feel really stupid IQ wise... Funny how all the questions about alphabetical order had one word that HAD to be last and was the last in only one answer...

walkie

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

@ eileenting88

Welcome, another Turkish. So where in Turkey do you live? The Asia part or the europe part? Turkey is a great country. Ankara is the capital and yet Istanbul is most well-known.
is there another turkish i didnt notice, here?? who??where?? :) i live in asia part, very close to sea, work at europe side, travelling at sea between continents everyday (this is very good at summers, very bad during winters and storms), i prefer sea travel rather than by car or bus....istanbul is a city served 2 big nations as capital, Byzantine and Ottomans for a very long time (hundreds of years) so it is a well known city as Constantinople ;)

Wow, that's great. So which football league are you analysing now? I have a friend who analyse football league for entire europe including Turkey too. So do you get it right for the winner of Champions League in Istanbul last time around?
i analyse turkish league and sometimes german league...when champions league final was in istanbul, that night was fun...english and italians were everywhere and i also joined parties with english people (whoever wins doesnt matter, you should join party if you have chance :D)do you interested in football? i guess you are european, arent you??

Brliiant. I am same just like you.
i must say sometimes i can not control my sleeping...if i have no plan and nothing to do, i can sleep 12-13 hours a day..when i wake up, sunset is very close :darn i force myself to get out of bad :amuse i mean i can spend a day just sleeping and lying in bad (never happened until now but i am capable of it)

@ Anax

Indeed, politicians are the ones to blame... Last night I dreamed that the Japanese dropped a nuclear bomb in Athens that almost anihilated the whole of Greece (I was saved due to being on the northern border). That dream was my worst nightmare. Ever. There's actually more to it, though it'd be more fitting in the scary stories thread... Still, the idea of Greece going to war with Turkey turns my stomach upside down. The people don't want war unless their brains are replaced with "propaganda stuffing". Also, should the two countries go to war, the only people bound to be safe will be the ones who decided to have a war, the ones who threw the war at the unsuspecting populus (sorry Iwanin for twisting your line). I don't think any word, man has ever made, can convey my aversion towards war... It's the worst of the characteristics that separate us from the animals...

Now, concerning my cat, I'm sad to inform you that it has been dead in years... Even worse, my pics of her haven't been scanned and the scanner is damaged. Anyhow, if/when my father fixes the scanner and scans them pics, you'll find them in the pet thread
science-fiction dreams i eny you, i see normal ones :p just kidding...for war i got nothing to say, war doesnt solve anything and also starts some new and more problems, i wish one day usa will also understand that some day :)
sorry for your cat, but i am curious now why you didnt get another cat..

Allow me to answer
It's actually an easy one, you see the Turkish people according to my not-so-accurate History knowledge where driven to the place they are now by Genkis Khan. Sadly, the Turks were so strong they decided they'll have Greece, and they did. The Greeks had to live for about 400 years under the oppression of the Turks who saw them as slaves, called them "raja" (spell check) which I recall being an insult, though not what it means exactly. Anyway, think black people as slaves, though not SO bad, and you'll get an idea.
The true question is why the Greeks of today hate the Turks of today for the doing of the Turks of yesterday. Some people think that if your great great great great grandfather killed my great great great great great grandfather, I should kill you and even enjoy it! Well, this doesn't work for me Walkie If you prove to be a good guy who doesn't call me names and doesn't see me as a "raja" then I'm fine with you
well, i guess it is hard to accept to be slaves and that can be a reason to be angry (not to hate) but the point is, ottoman did not do that only against greeks and they should take some slaves to be an empire (i am not saying this is right or wrong, this is history of europe, everyone took slaves from other nations/races)...ottomans took slaves for its army from greeks, araps, iranians, bulgarians and etc...but these nations are not as angry as greeks, i mean greeks are not angry, some greeks hate turks (i met some greeks on internet and they said bad things just because i am turkish), they behave as if we are still killing greeks...history is history, we killed greeks and greeks killed turks, no one can change this but we can (or try to) stop repeating itself ;)

@anyone
note: i couldnt read all new stuff in this thread, so if i missed something sorry for that, but when i have time i will come back check everything

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Lain Iwakura is Turkish here, walkie. ^^

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece

@Walkie

Greeks hate Turks mainly because of the way they are brought up. There's propaganda in the anual march/parade on March 25 in memory of the 1821 revolution. There's propaganda in the media. There's propaganda in the stories and the movies. If these weren't enough, Turkey invades our airspace everyday and also they have declaired the act of drilling for oil in the Agean as a sign for war... Older people are very foul mouthed when it comes to Turks too... So, combine all these and you will get an idea why the Greeks of today hate the Turks...
If you ask me, it's not where you are from but how you think. If you wanted to hurt me then I'd want to kill you to neutralize the thread. Action and reaction. "Hatred" though is an emotion, it is not ruled by logic... I wonder what the Turks of today think about Greeks... do they see us as inferior? Do you know Walkie?
Now, about my Cat... Since she died I had a change of heart and didn't want to have any animal as "mine". There's plenty of cats around the city which i get to observe and sometimes play with. That's enough for me :D Sadly, a few days ago I a little kitten was run over in front of me and I couldn't do a single thing to help it :scry

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece

Dragonzair said:
[1] I may be filipina, yet I am not like one. :oh
[8] I'm chubby and proud of it. ^_^ I'm not like those girls who whine for a thin, hot bod. It's just :iik for me. I'm happy with the way I am. Heck, what's the use of trying hard for something when I won't feel happy at all?
[9] I love food. Hence, the statement above.
See a pic of you and you look just fine :hug
[10] I hate vegetables, except for a few.
Sad... I like vegetables a lot but not enough to bother buying any :eyeroll
Generally I eat what's available at the place-where-univercity-students-gather-to-eat-at-low-prices-or-free.

[12] I want to visit a lot of places, like Japan. Well...I meant, I want to visit Japan.
I wonder how many people here who haven't been to Japan would like to. All?

[6]I never drank alchohol in my life except whenever I take the Holy Bread at church, which has a few White Wine in it. And...I'm not planning on becoming like my cousins in the Philipines, who drink beer almost every day. No, thank you.
[7] I'm not planing on smoking either.
Now drinking is fine, though drinking a little won't hurt you and certain drinks are very tasty (Ursus, Bailey's, Absolute with or without lime). Some wines are very tasty too :tem
As for smoking... they say it's bad. Some decades ago they said it was good. Hell, I don't have it anyway just to be on the safe side :)

[14] My friends say I'm spazzy, funny and weird. Am I?
The part of you I've seen so far is neither spazzy nor weird. You are joyful, energetic and funny! Also, nice to have around and cheer the place up :D

[21] I play the guitar.
My roomie too! I'd like to here something of yours :D I heard a composition of my roomie's today and it left me speechless, picking up my jaw from the ground...

[22] I love imagining and day dreaming.
You and me both :D

[25] I really want to meet my close online friends someday. We may not be able to buy an island in the Palms, but I'm willing to meet up with them, one day, and give them a huge glomp.
I wish to be one of those people some day :tem

[27] I still feel like a kid. I don't want to grow up. I'm not immature or anything, but I tend to play around more than just sit down and talk. I can't stand missing all these once I turn 18. That's why, I dread the day I turn 18. Which is important for filipino girls, since it's their debut. Or rather, the day they become adults. ;_; talking about it is damn depressing me.
Been there. In Greece you are an adult when you turn 18 and I didn't want that, though I don't mind now. Like my ex girlfriend used to say: "Everything is an idea" (i.e. "everything is in your mind").

[32] I'd watch any movie made by Tim Burton, or which starts Johnny Depp.
Same for Johnny. I'm neutral towards Burton.

[35] I was born on Friday the 13th. ^_^ Year of the Snake, and...well. Born somewhere around 1:30, or in other words, 13:30. I was also born on the thriteenth floor. Rumour has it that my room number had 13 on it, but that's going too far.
13:45, Wednesday, April 30th, 1986 for me. Year of the Tiger I think :confused

[37] I love exotic animals, and would like to keep a snake. Actually, I love any animal. XD
[38] I love dragons as well. ORLY?!?!?!
I used to want a snake too... untill my change of heart.

[45] Due to my imaginary mind, I I love writing fics. Though I never release them, I still write. I love reading fics as well. XD
[46] I'm a book worm.
I love writing as well :)
A bookworm as well :D

Chiru

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

GK played football and rugby! O_O Awesome! Did you make lots of people bleed?

walkie

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

Chiru said:
GK played football and rugby! O_O Awesome! Did you make lots of people bleed?
he injured someone while playing volleyball, so i can not image what he did during american football or rugby :blink.... :smile-big

@ anax

Greeks hate Turks mainly because of the way they are brought up. There's propaganda in the anual march/parade on March 25 in memory of the 1821 revolution. There's propaganda in the media. There's propaganda in the stories and the movies. If these weren't enough, Turkey invades our airspace everyday and also they have declaired the act of drilling for oil in the Agean as a sign for war... Older people are very foul mouthed when it comes to Turks too... So, combine all these and you will get an idea why the Greeks of today hate the Turks...
If you ask me, it's not where you are from but how you think. If you wanted to hurt me then I'd want to kill you to neutralize the thread. Action and reaction. "Hatred" though is an emotion, it is not ruled by logic... I wonder what the Turks of today think about Greeks... do they see us as inferior? Do you know Walkie?
Now, about my Cat... Since she died I had a change of heart and didn't want to have any animal as "mine". There's plenty of cats around the city which i get to observe and sometimes play with. That's enough for me Sadly, a few days ago I a little kitten was run over in front of me and I couldn't do a single thing to help it
for about airspace invades, this is also what is told to turks..greeks invades airspace, this is another reason that i dont trust media all time :) this is political movements between armies, they both do that, invades areas sometimes to canalize people...for ageia i do not know if it means something for war, all i know greece wants 6 mile rule for ageia that will make them have all ageia and force us to live away from ageia...but this is all politics i beleive

for inferior stuff, there are always people thinking that way, but generally, no, turks do not think like that...there are thousands of greeks living at turkey, being christian and i also have some greek friends, live in istanbul...may be the problem is greeks see turks in that way because turks were the only "enemy" for long time...turks fought against almost all its neighbours for freedom and we do not want any more problem beleive me :)

[ r u s h ]

Reaction score

@Raine

I have a Tsunade outfit in my wardrobe, and I wear the robe often
ah, you think you can post i pic? i'd really like to see one :)

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

@walkie

I am not an european and yes, I am interested in soccer and I also know about Constantinople. :D

@Raine

6. But I finished my higher education last year at TAFE (Tertiary and Further Education).
Good. So what will be next? After you finish TAFE, is it time for you to do your degree? Is there any matriculation program in Australia? Also, which university will be the better one if someone wants to further their studies in Australia?

10. My fav J-pop artist is Ayumi Hamasaki.
I know her a long time ago. She sings beautifully. :thumbs

@Matt

5. I have Crohn's disease.
Is it something very bothersome? How do you get through it?

11. I don't have very high self-confidence.
No no, you should have a higher self-confidence. You can do it.
12. I'm failing geometry.
13. I love spamming the Forum Leaders thread @ NF, especially when Joko's around.
Why are you failing geometry?

I know about Amaethon Thread in NF. ;) I am usually lurking around that place but I never post there. Just dont want to interrupt in the conversation there.

28. I love camping and hiking.
Same here. I love camping and hiking too. I really want to join an international jamboree in the future. It will be fun when people from all over the world gather in one place and camp there for a few weeks.

@Pazuzu

3. I'm gay. In the non-flaming way. I have issues with flaming gays.
Another diversity. First we have lesbian, now we have gay. It's good to know you, Paz.

8. I can't stand sports.
9. I'm hugely into martial arts.
Isn't martial art a sport too? :amuse

31. I forgetted to say, I'm a shodan in karate, hopefully going for my nidan this year.
Does this mean that you are now in black belt first dan and going on for second dan?