3000 years ago Vs Now, & the cause. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

3000 years ago Vs Now, & the cause.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
How great was the difference in strength or magic between those that lived 3000 years ago and Now?

-A typical Red Demon is about 1300 in PL now, what about 3000 years ago? 1700? 2000?

-Rou was arguably very strong for an ordinary human, but what about compared to GHK of Now?

Also what do you think is the cause of people getting weaker?

- I think the reason is because every magic used literally doesn't dissipate so quickly. The nature and potency of the magic could potentially have a lingering effect for an extended period of time. 3000 years ago, there were a lot of perpetual fighting going on between very powerful groups, so magic was very rich in the air all the time.

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
How great was the difference in strength or magic between those that lived 3000 years ago and Now?

-A typical Red Demon is about 1300 in PL now, what about 3000 years ago? 1700? 2000?

-Rou was arguably very strong for an ordinary human, but what about compared to GHK of Now?

Also what do you think is the cause of people getting weaker?

- I think the reason is because every magic used literally doesn't dissipate so quickly. The nature and potency of the magic could potentially have a lingering effect for an extended period of time. 3000 years ago, there were a lot of perpetual fighting going on between very powerful groups, so magic was very rich in the air all the time.

If I am not mistaken, I think the 10C after getting unsealed stated that the magic that was around in their time has mostly seatled in the now very high count of humans. From what we have seen (Demon minions not withstanding), I think that the population of all clans 3000 ago is probally still less than the human boon of now, so the magic dissapted into humans

I think the demons have not lost their power, as no comment was made on it.
The problem with power levels is that we are now getting different which go easily int othe 10.000s, when for a good 120 chapters a mere difference of 1000 (sins vs holy knights) was more than enough to utterly trash anyone on 1v1.

If I had to make a guess, I´d say humans ranked around 5000 base, with stronger ones like rou on the verge of 8000-10.000.

These values take into account the various comments of races in the current time being in decline, so everything we saw on that flashback was prob stronger than its current version (like that ark he took).

Theres also Galan´s comment that no (or was it few?) human survived his attacks

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
The demons' power levels have not changed; their magic power was sealed as a result of the coffin of eternal darkness, but that's it. They regained their magic power after feeding on souls.
Sure, their muscles underwent a slight degree of atrophy as noted by Galan, but that probably recovered relatively soon as a result of moving once again.

As for the second question, likely because it was a case of "survival of the fittest." Humans had to be stronger in an era of war in case they wanted to survive, unlike in the current timeline.
I doubt they were that strong, though. I'll (probably) always keep associating Rou's power level with that of base Ban's (i.e. without Snatch), who's technically one of the toughest humans right now. Tweak the strength and spirit level a bit due to his circumstances, but that's about it.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The demons' power levels have not changed; their magic power was sealed as a result of the coffin of eternal darkness, but that's it. They regained their magic power after feeding on souls.
Sure, their muscles underwent a slight degree of atrophy as noted by Galan, but that probably recovered relatively soon as a result of moving once again.

As for the second question, likely because it was a case of "survival of the fittest." Humans had to be stronger in an era of war in case they wanted to survive, unlike in the current timeline.
I doubt they were that strong, though. I'll (probably) always keep associating Rou's power level with that of base Ban's (i.e. without Snatch), who's technically one of the toughest humans right now. Tweak the strength and spirit level a bit due to his circumstances, but that's about it.
Survival of the fittest is a good reason, I had thought of it but I also think its also because the air was dense in magic back then compared to now.

IIRC, the Demons complained about the depletion of magic in Britannia.

There's also this info which implies that a land rich in magic would speed up magic recovery process

Also there's this info about Meliodas' residual magic energy still present many years later, giving the impression that magic doesn't really dissipate so quickly, it's still in the air

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Survival of the fittest is a good reason, I had thought of it but I also think its also because the air was dense in magic back then compared to now.
Merlin quite literally stated that the races got weaker because of the lack of conflict forcing everyone to fight and survive.

The demons were probably at the same level they were at now. A single red demon is more than enough for all except the highest level Holy Knights, such as Gilthunder, Howzer, and Dreyfus. But once we get to the Gray Demons, things get more iffy and there are other demons aside from them, including the Blue Demons and the Albion.

All of them are capable of destroying entire cities in the current time and would have if not for the Sins. It should be noted that, in all of these circumstances, there was only one of these demons at a time. Back during the war, there was an army of them.

As Gallon said, 3000 was probably the average level for a decent fighter. With that level of power, people would've been able to fend off the demons.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
IIRC, the Demons complained about the depletion of magic in Britannia.

There's also this info which implies that a land rich in magic would speed up magic recovery process

Also there's this info about Meliodas' residual magic energy still present many years later, giving the impression that magic doesn't really dissipate so quickly, it's still in the air
That's true, but time is the only factor there. The magic's being more abundant in the past doesn't necessarily imply a higher power level for the demons during that period in time as opposed to this one; rather, it implies their recovery rate was much faster, like you mentioned.
That being said, it took longer for them to restore their power, but the end result in power level was no different from their past selves'.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Demons and Angels didn't really get weaker, they disappeared because of the seal.

Fairies did, becoming lazy and stuff.

Giants didn't lose their strength but killed themselves.

Humans became weaker due to peace just like Fairies.

Rou would easily beat the GHKs, he was able to beat several Goddesses, Fairies and Giants and he had no Magic.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I wouldn't expect demons to be too different from how they were 3000 years ago. They were for the most part frozen in time via the seal for 3000 years, they should be fairly similar to how they were in the past.

To me it looked like rou and his gang were well more powerful than the holy knights we have seen. Rou got into stigma headquarters and alongside his companions defeated a number of presumably battle seasoned giants, fairies and even goddesses. Of course, no one of high rank as we know but still, probably guys that would be stronger than the average comparable fighter today. The GHK class fighters we have seen so far as basically zaratras, dreyfus, hendricksen, gilthunder, howser, vivian.... And their power is roughly between 2 and 3.1 k. Barring unique traits or individual still that is barely enough to compete with a grey demon since their power is between 2.7k and 3.2k.

With that in mind, I would argue the stigma militia should at the very least be capable of going up against lesser demons, particularly the red and grey ones. So basically the warriors rou and co fought were likely at least between 1.3k and 3.2 k in general. For rou and co to pull of what they did I would guess they would need to at least be close and perhaps over the 4k range. Perhaps not all of them because the power gap I am suggesting their enemies had is considerable as well. With that in mind it kind makes sense that rou and co would have been stronger than the likes of zaratras or dreyfus. It's a shame they didn't fight an albion, that way we would have known for sure. Of course, if there was any in stigma that could defeat an albion among the people that rou and co killed then the implication would be that they are at least at 7k... Albions were at about 5.5k after all.