348 Cover

killbill

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
759
Reaction score
82
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
nice job...but i don't like the hair colour..still it looks pretty good..
 

Mymph

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
30
Reaction score
15
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Something that might help, the body isn't one or two "forms" basically try shading in between the fingers to bring them out more for example instead of shading the whole hand the same. That goes for about everything really like clothes have folds so instead of shading the shirt as if it were one big "form" you should shade it as individual ones bringing out each form to show what it is(cloth) , where it is (on his body), how it wraps around him. Highlights help bring out forms also so try using those also. Best would be to search on these forums or deviantart and just look at how people do it,figure out how they did it and maybe even try and copy the shading and light source of somebodies art to get the hang of it. The most important thing is to take your time, it doesn't matter if you are the first one to post a new chapter coloring or the last so take your time and you will learn new things in whatever program you use instead of rushing yourself to be the first, some people can do this in 2 or 3 hours but that is because they know the program etc...
Hopefully that will help slightly, I am not very good at explaining stuff so sorry if its confusing :P
 
Last edited:

- aMt -

Artist
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,093
Reaction score
517
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You have much to learn! I hope to improve, go back and show their progress!
 

Jaime F.

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
2,227
Reaction score
166
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ah constructive criticism request, definitely a good, and brave thing to ask for. Sometimes people can get carried away though, that's why I say brave, but it's always good to never take things to personal. Easier said then done, trust me I know.

Well, as far as the hair goes, I like the colors you used for it, and I think it looks interesting. The rest of the coloring is decent, but obviously there still a lot you could improve on. 1 thing I noticed, especially around Suigetsu's chin, is that the line art is intruding onto his flesh. Good line art goes a long way, especially when coloring manga, so keep that in mind. Well anyways, keep coloring, and keep trying. I'm sure as you gain more experience, you'll keep improving, so don't give up.
 
Top