354 Review *Kenpachi23* | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

354 Review *Kenpachi23*

kenpachi23

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well it being my first review, its gonna be a bit scrappy. Thanks to all who scanned the raw, translation and Edited Manga!

I wont go on and on about how my weekends been. i'll just get straight into it.

1. The cover imagery didn't surprise me in anyway, its a bit half arse'd i think. We kinda had a good idea on there heights in previous chapters and the snake is just there to fill the gap.

As for the side text about the world changing around them is interesting as suigetsu's comments to the prisoners a few chapters back will ultimately make people awear of hebi. Bringing more conflict to them? Random shinobi trying to seek them out aswell for bingo book prizes. i dunno, i'm going off course here.

2. Tsunade & Ero Sennin obviously shows some level of uncertaincy as they question team 7 on what they can actually do. Which is a fair point, as i think they'll be arsehole lucky to deal any sort of damage to itachi, let alone capture/kill him.

On the other hand kakashi is enfusiastic and has had a strategy set out. I'm kinda surprised he has the confidence to think they'll all get back safely with sasuke and have a happy ending. He must be thinking differently but he's been in this naruto/sasuke hole since the beginning and feels he should do his part. so a high confidence is a must. Then again nothing is impossible in this naruto world. It seems, and he probably knows that.

3. This got me thinking as it really did remind me off the city akatsuki leader was looking over in chapter 329. All the pipes and tall buildings did seem familiar. This is most likely quite a distance from where the leader was sitting but i do believe it is a part of that city.

4. Sugetsu mentioning all the tunnels looking the same and karin mentioning the condition of the air is really just kishi giving the reader a better understanding on what the surrounds are really like. Makes it seem more realistic which kishi does well. for example naruto asking for an explanation, everytime something needs a bit of thought, it is spelt out to the reader so they dont feel like a baka.

5. The cats didn't surprise me (but i did kinda read the spoilers :/) pakkun (?) is a ninja dog, so why not cats? Same thing with talking frogs and snakes. But what i dont quite understand is the relation these cats have with the uchiha.

Return bottle? i'm bum-founded by that to be honest. Not quite sure on what to make of it. Maybe its a japanese tradition? i really dont know. If anyone could share some light on this, i'd be grateful.

6. Sugetsu is really interested in the cats. Where as Karin is really avoiding them, or the cats are avoiding her. Which shows how different Sugetsu and Karin really are. Most likely more conflict between the two in the future. and whats this?? It seems to be medicine. Or maybe something else. I doubt sasuke had this on him before hand. Looks far too big to fit into his little pouch.

7. There is quite a few questions here. Sasuke seems to have known this old women for a while now. Possibly this elder cat is an old friend of sasuke's mother or father? She also seems to be fairly knowledgeable, due to all them books in the back. Kinda same as Chiyo back at the start of Part 2 (chapter 252, the old girl). But i do feel a little confused with this whole cat thing. Its raised to many questions and hardly any answers. Yes we know its a weapons storage but thats about it. Its not anything to get too worked up about, hebi just went there to stock up. But i do secretly hope sasukes got some badarse sword now.

8. Juugo is an easily pleased guy isn't he. This shows a side of juugos personality that he doesn't want to be a nuisance. The curtain is undoubtedly going to get torn to shreds sooner or later by his morphing abilities anyway.

9. Not too much to say here. Kishi making up a reason to send tobi and deidara. It was to be expected. But what i'm reeeally want to see is one, see tobi pull something out of the bag, but two to see hebi kick deidara's arse! Easily too. I believe its going to be very interesting within the next few chapters.

You may have noticed kisame and itachi are back at the statue and there not buzzing/half invisible. Which makes sense because its was there turn to bring the 4 tails along. Considering sasori made a mess of the last cave, maybe this wooden statue can be summoned wherever the akatsuki leader wants it.

10. Loving hebis clothing! i think its really cool. Much like akatsukis dress code, it just gives them extra coolness. Which is what karin needs.

As hebi look over the cliff towards the woods. I'm assuming there not only near itachi but also near konoha. To my knowledge konoha is surrounded by forests so neither team is far away from each other.

So team 8 eh? Only a matter of time before these guys got grouped together. Naruto being his usual self, not realising hes going accomplish nothing out of this mission. I just can't see them doing much to help the whole sasuke itachi thing. Which is why i'm probably going to predict them meeting up with tobi rather than itachi.

kadodo's review pointed something out to me which got me all excited though. Kiba was in the team with naruto at the sound 5 ark. Don't think theres been a reunion since. So to see them two work together again is really cool. Not only that but to see team 8's new ninjutsu's will be something to look forward to.

On a side note, everyone's expressions here were great. Brings back so many memories of the good times. Kiba looking serious, Shino calm and hinita looking kinda grown up actually. First she's looking her usual self, unconfident. But the image at the bottom she looks strong and calculated. Its going to be interesting!

I predict either a filler of the three teams shuffling about or a surprise next week. Of course i'm hoping its the latter.

4/5 (due to confusion mid way)

Last edited:

chvis002

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Please register to see the content of this post.

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Haiti

Last edited:

lordHokage

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

kenpachi23

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

lordHokage

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

ANBU4U

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

kenpachi23

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom