407 Shiho-Cover "lime green incentive!"

PhoenixRoy

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 27, 2007
Messages
252
Reaction score
102
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Alright, first of all big thanks to Shade for cleaning this page.

This one is dedicated to Amaretti and Yakushi Kabuto! I guess they believe that her hair will end up being some weird color. While I just wanted to give her this color to be different >_> *cough*


I think I did a decent job on the BG. I figured I should only use about 3 colors for object in the BG. The books make me want to cry though T_T.
 

Sasori93

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2007
Messages
269
Reaction score
150
Gender
Hidden
Country
Poland
WoW o_O.The nicely one i ever seen!;].Sry for english;/ :allen
 

ptolomeo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2008
Messages
25
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Great job, I like this color hair ;)
 

VASSiLi

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2007
Messages
2,479
Reaction score
4,011
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Nice job man ^^
 

lee-nus

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
1,902
Reaction score
611
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
oh, i like it! i think you very nice colors for it! some shades are a little off imo, but doesnt matter so much! but maybe you could do something more with the blackboard, it looks so flat... cuz it is! xDD anyway, well done!
 

PhoenixRoy

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 27, 2007
Messages
252
Reaction score
102
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
oh, i like it! i think you very nice colors for it! some shades are a little off imo, but doesnt matter so much! but maybe you could do something more with the blackboard, it looks so flat... cuz it is! xDD anyway, well done!
Thanks for the critique.

Yeah. I just did a simple gradient on the blackboard. I didn't know what else to do. I got super lazy for the books and just did some layer adjustments to change the color @.@.

Do you have any tips for working on the background and blending in general? I'd appreciate it if you could help me T_T.
 

Orochimaru

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
2,468
Reaction score
492
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
very good ^^
 

wesolek

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
17
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
great work phoenix, i agree with sasori - it's the best version i seen :D and i agree with lee - u could do some more with blackboard... besides it's awesome work, five stars :eyeroll. Oh, i almost forgot, i don't like the font that u use... :/
 

lee-nus

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
1,902
Reaction score
611
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Thanks for the critique.

Yeah. I just did a simple gradient on the blackboard. I didn't know what else to do. I got super lazy for the books and just did some layer adjustments to change the color @.@.

Do you have any tips for working on the background and blending in general? I'd appreciate it if you could help me T_T.
blending? as long as you cellshade, there is no need for blending, right? :) well, if u mean the background, it doesnt have to be that advanced. you could try out different textures and such if u like though. otherwise, just play around with brushes. analysing others work to learn new techniques and stuff is good too. as for the shading part, just pay attention to what line is what. wat i mean is, now you have a shadow on the right part of where her coat comes down that looks a little off. i imagine there being a crease there, so maybe its just my take on things though. thats just one example, but keep your light source in mind and study photos and references if you need and you'll do fine! :)
 

PhoenixRoy

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 27, 2007
Messages
252
Reaction score
102
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks once again, Lee-nus. That's kind of what I've been doing lately. I'm going to try some more new things. Maybe start doing my own lines.
 

lordHokage

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
4,697
Reaction score
421
Gender
Female
Country
Bahamas
Awesome coloring and I like her hair color. :D
 

Jaime F.

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
2,227
Reaction score
166
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I definetly like it, the lime green looks really cool. Would you mind uploading it to your deviant art gallery? For some reason PNG files don't work well on my computer, and I'd really like to have this version of the chapter 407 cover. You did a really good job, keep it up.
 

Jaime F.

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
2,227
Reaction score
166
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thank you Phoenix Roy for putting this up on deviantart, I really appreciate it.
 
Top