Oyasumi Punpun (Goodnight Punpun)
By: ASANO Inio
Genre: Seinen, Slice of Life, Psychological, Drama, Romance, Mature
Serialized In: Young Sunday (2007 - 2008), Big Comic Spirits (2008 - Present)
Publisher: Shogakukan
Mangaupdates
Witness the titular Punpun - who is depicted as a tiny, caricatured bird in an otherwise normal human setting - as he copes with his dysfunctional family and friends, his love interest, his oncoming adolescence and his hyperactive mind.
Last edited by a moderator:
But I do agree that the story quality picks up in 5. Yuichi is one of the most interesting characters for me, so I loved the whole story revolving around him. Oh, and I decided to make a sig dedicated to Punpun's "awesome" new hair. I love it! It's just so... bad. 


He is really fantastic at creating moving, thought-provoking, slice of life manga. It can be incredibly depressing and even a bit difficult to read at times because of that, but always brilliant. Hopefully we'll get some more discussion here once volume 7 comes out. 
It is so deep and so psychological, yet I find it funny, like I am look at some dark twist on reality. I think more of humanity is put into Punpun than any other character. Whenever I can not emotionally justify what I am reading I look for rational explanations and try to analyze, sadly with Punpun I am left to wonder and wonder to oblivion.
One word posts are not too contributive, please post more content.