Shoujo Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire


Title: Taiyou no Ie (House of the Sun)
Author: Taamo
Year: 2010
Status: On-going, 7 volumes
Serialization: Dessert (Kodansha)
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Summary:
“Back in the day, that place was a house filled with magic—a place where you ended up smiling even if you were crying. Surely, an invisible wizard must have lived there. Or so I thought.”

What’s a young child to do when her mother leaves her father for another man? Or when her father remarries a woman who brings along a child from a previous marriage? Or when her childhood neighbor friend invites her to live with him?

Personal Thoughts:
I enjoyed the story although it may not be very special. I'm especially fond of the graphic. It's very simple -- maybe a bit too simple, you can see that the eyes of the female lead is just a random spiral -- but because of that it makes you feel relaxed. Other than that, the plot's pace is pretty slow like usual shoujo but still enjoyable for me. The relationships of the characters grow steady. I'm still a bit in the beginning so I haven't seen much, but so far so good.
 

windy van

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
99
Reaction score
17
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Waa.. No one here?? And I thought this manga is one of my favorite..
Read this one, it's really cute and heartwarming.. I like Taamo art as well as her stories..
It's not about steamy romance and nothing really dramatic is happening, but I like it so much..
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Waa.. No one here?? And I thought this manga is one of my favorite..
Read this one, it's really cute and heartwarming.. I like Taamo art as well as her stories..
It's not about steamy romance and nothing really dramatic is happening, but I like it so much..
Exactly because it doesn't emphasize in romance for me. It's about Mao growing up and accepting things and changing what she can with the help of people around her. I'm mostly curious about how she'll reconcile with her family though I'm also curious about her romance life, hehe.

Finally I found someone who reads it too! Yay! :hi5
 

windy van

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
99
Reaction score
17
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Yup, I wonder why this thread is so quiet..
Phio-chan, have you read the last translated chapter? Did you think
It would turn to be reserve harem?? with Hiro, Daiki, and Oda as potential male interest.. But Mao and Hiro was already in that stage, right? With hugging and kissing, even it's just on the cheek. Oh my, they're so cute. I'm so sorry for the other 2.. lol
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Yup, I wonder why this thread is so quiet..
Phio-chan, have you read the last translated chapter? Did you think
It would turn to be reserve harem?? with Hiro, Daiki, and Oda as potential male interest.. But Mao and Hiro was already in that stage, right? With hugging and kissing, even it's just on the cheek. Oh my, they're so cute. I'm so sorry for the other 2.. lol
Yeah, I read it up to the latest chapter. Haha, I know, right?! Mao and Hiro are just for one another. Their interaction is so sweet. I wasn't expecting Daiki to even come in the love circle, but I guess this makes things fun a bit. Mao wouldn't expect Daiki to have feelings for her so she'd run to Daiki from Hiro. Ooh, I smell jealousy very soon. As for Oda... He's lost literally, lol. Wishing him luck with Chihiro!

---------- Post added August 07, 2013 at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was July 21, 2013 at 02:40 PM ----------

Goosh, seriously, this series is quickly rising as one of my favorite shoujo! Chapter 26 is simple and sweet. Well there's always that usual love triangle you have in shoujo series, but this one is cute and fresh, ehehe~ Daiki is so awesome. And Hiro is getting very funny with his going back and forth about Mao. I really can't wait for more! <3
 

windy van

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
99
Reaction score
17
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Goosh, seriously, this series is quickly rising as one of my favorite shoujo! Chapter 26 is simple and sweet. Well there's always that usual love triangle you have in shoujo series, but this one is cute and fresh, ehehe~ Daiki is so awesome. And Hiro is getting very funny with his going back and forth about Mao. I really can't wait for more! <3
My God, I don't check this one for a while coz new chapter was released not that long ago, and when I read your post, I checked them to found out that chapter 27 is released as well. Wow, 2 chapters in a row. I'll read them now!! :XD
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

My God, I don't check this one for a while coz new chapter was released not that long ago, and when I read your post, I checked them to found out that chapter 27 is released as well. Wow, 2 chapters in a row. I'll read them now!! :XD
You're right! Aw, I'm so happy to have two chapters released together~ And chapter 27 is another funny and sweet chapter. Yay for a fight growing between Hiro and Daiki over Mao, muahaha. Both tries their best to catch Mao's attention, haha. I also think Mao's father is pushing her a bit too much although I understand his reason from before. But that doesn't justify what he's doing, boo.
 

windy van

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
99
Reaction score
17
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Finished reading. Waa.. Daiki is so cutely aggressive. That holding hands scene.. I bet he have his contacts. It's just his excuse.:XD
Daiki.. What a confidence you have, for thinking that Hiro will support you. In chapter 27, Hiro already show his feelings that bothered by Daiki.
This is getting more interesting. I can't be sure if it is fresh, but I'm sure this love triangle is sooo cute!! Can't wait what will happen when Mao and Daiki at home alone when Hiro have retreat. :teehee It will be funny!!
Mao's father is so twisted. He can act as loving father for Yui that's his stepdaughter, but so cold to Mao that's his biological daughter. But Mao finally could decrease the distance with her family. I'm happy for her. :)
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Finished reading. Waa.. Daiki is so cutely aggressive. That holding hands scene.. I bet he have his contacts. It's just his excuse.:XD
Daiki.. What a confidence you have, for thinking that Hiro will support you. In chapter 27, Hiro already show his feelings that bothered by Daiki.
This is getting more interesting. I can't be sure if it is fresh, but I'm sure this love triangle is sooo cute!! Can't wait what will happen when Mao and Daiki at home alone when Hiro have retreat. :teehee It will be funny!!
Mao's father is so twisted. He can act as loving father for Yui that's his stepdaughter, but so cold to Mao that's his biological daughter. But Mao finally could decrease the distance with her family. I'm happy for her. :)
Isn't it obvious that Daiki was lying about the contact lenses? He just wanted to protect Mao and got an excuse to hold her hand, muahaha. And I absolutely loved it when Daiki openly mentioned about dating Mao and Hiro with his anger only answered with one word: "Why?". You can feel his jealousy right there, kyaa kyaa~

Ah, it's fresh for me because it's the first time I read this kind of plot, meaning a boy taking care of a girl running away from home and then complications come. It becomes special because this boy has to stay 'professional' as the one who taking care of the girl but also can't help falling in love with her. XD

The scene with little sister is sweet and touching. All that's left is the father, eh.
 

windy van

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
99
Reaction score
17
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Ahaha.. That's real sweet and funny..

Hoo..., you should read Yumemiru Taiyou by Takano Ichigo. It's about girl leaving home and living with guys too for the same reason, her parent's remarriage. I don't finished it though coz idk, back then I didn't really like it. Don't know if I will read it again though as my waiting to read list is mounting.. :p

Yes, that is really sweet. Her father is tsundere, so we should know how it will turn out.

---------- Post added August 23, 2013 at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was August 08, 2013 at 09:00 PM ----------

New chapter is out!!
Waa... Daiki is so cute.. He made a move!! Kyaaa.... :XD I do switch over him now.
Hiro is so dense for Radical, poor her. He's so sweet for Mao though.
Okay Daiki, There's not really much chances for you, so go for it now!! Hahaha...
 
Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

I. cannot. stop. smiling. HIRO!!! <33333 What a funny but sweet story. I laughed hard at Daiki getting pissed off by his brother's call the same way Hiro getting mad and kept on checking on Mao and Daiki. So funny. And Mao and Hiro's moments together... How can it be so sweet? *__* I can't wait to see how Mao helped Hina to return to the family, and how Hiro will solve the case of Sugimoto, fufufu.

I'm still in such a high mood. *__*

---------- Post added September 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was August 30, 2013 at 10:31 PM ----------

Chapter 30. I laughed at the way Daiki always said "Just go to hell, Hiro." LOL~ I know he's not in a super good relationship with his brother but Mao makes things worse and it just complicates things. XDD Hiro seems to be thinking so far to the future, though. Everyone is standing still with their feelings, I wonder if any would change... Can't wait to see interesting things in the trip. :3
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

I've just managed to catch up with Taiyou no Ie, and I had forgotten how sweet this story much... So many things happened up to chapter 36 now. People changed, feelings are growing. So wonderful. The thoughts and feelings are natural, in my opinion. Because that's what you would do in real life, making things difficult but that way you won't regret it, at least. Can't wait to see how Hiro and Mao would work things out with their families and with each other.

I'm just wondering about the HUGE scene between Hiro and Mao and the hints after that... I mean, seriously, Mao still doesn't get it? Because I feel like sometimes they act like friends but at other times like lovers.

Either way I'm still happy. :blush
 

polly

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Age
30
Gender
Female
Country
India
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Wahh taiyou no le!! I love this series!
I just started reading it and love it! Im also very curious about how she will make up with her family and will she be able to confess to hiro!? Radiacal and mao like the same person I cant beleive its so interesting though not popular! > n <
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Wahh taiyou no le!! I love this series!
I just started reading it and love it! Im also very curious about how she will make up with her family and will she be able to confess to hiro!? Radiacal and mao like the same person I cant beleive its so interesting though not popular! > n <
Welcome, welcome! Yay, another TnI fan! I thought I was alone (again), haha. Have you read chapter 37? Finally, that big moment we have been waiting for. Now that everything is laid out in the open, I wonder how the boys will fight and how the girl will react, muahaha. What is your theory?
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

I feel that this series needs more fans. :mono It's a great series after all! :D

I like the current development, so to say. I think it's time for the characters to move forward and get things changed for better. I'm so used to Mao staying with Hiro and Daiki that them returning to their "right" places will be a very interesting factor to get those feelings move forward, hoho.
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Indeed, it needs more fans, because it's one of the sweetest things out there n_n

I think this development is great... Before Hiro and Mao relation, I like how their relations with their families are showed, and how important it is to them. They wouldn't get anywhere if those issues weren't solved. And her moving back will change all the interactions, let's see how it goes!
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Indeed, it needs more fans, because it's one of the sweetest things out there n_n

I think this development is great... Before Hiro and Mao relation, I like how their relations with their families are showed, and how important it is to them. They wouldn't get anywhere if those issues weren't solved. And her moving back will change all the interactions, let's see how it goes!
Nana-chan! <3 Welcome, welcome, ehe.

I totally agree with you. The whole situation between Hiro and Mao is because of their family problems. It becomes very interesting now that they seem to have found the solution to the original problem, but they have also enjoyed the current life that it would be interesting to see how they solve the "new problem".

What I'm often wondering about is the interaction between Hiro and Mao. Has he confessed? I don't think so, right? Since sometimes his lines are so indicative, like when he said "wait for me" or something similar. Or is my memory really that bad? :s
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

What I'm often wondering about is the interaction between Hiro and Mao. Has he confessed? I don't think so, right? Since sometimes his lines are so indicative, like when he said "wait for me" or something similar. Or is my memory really that bad? :s
No, he never really said anything definite, but his actions show a lot about his feelings.
We know from his point of view that he didn't want to make things official because of their situation, with their families and such. Or at least I remember him thinking something along those lines...
Now that most of it is solved he would feel more comfortable to deal with it, I guess...
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

No, he never really said anything definite, but his actions show a lot about his feelings.
We know from his point of view that he didn't want to make things official because of their situation, with their families and such. Or at least I remember him thinking something along those lines...
Now that most of it is solved he would feel more comfortable to deal with it, I guess...
I think so too. Although apparently so far he still dislikes Mao's father because he didn't seem to know the story behind their family. But at least he wants to make Mao happy, which is great. Totally can't wait for these two to become official. <3333
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

I think so too. Although apparently so far he still dislikes Mao's father because he didn't seem to know the story behind their family. But at least he wants to make Mao happy, which is great. Totally can't wait for these two to become official. <3333
I guess that because Hiro is so dedicated to his own family it is difficult for him to understand Mao's father without seeing the whole picture... but yes, he wants Mao happy, and her father is an important part of that...

Yeah, I'm anxious about them becoming official, I don't think I ever liked a pair so much, they are cute... I feel a bit sorry for Daiki, though XD
 
Top