Done A bit of help needed...

saneyaoifangirl

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
What part would "カーブミラー" be, in reference to a car? (For context, the narrator is talking about an accident, and a cake flying under...something.) My instinct is just to write "cab mirror", but I don't know cars all that well, so I have no idea if that's correct or not.
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think it's actually "curve mirror". Japanese term for any convex mirror, I guess. The convex mirrors in a car are the side ones, usually passenger side only.
 
Last edited:

gnuffiehot

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I agree. Mostly trucks have these to be able to see in their blind spot, but still, yeah, I agree with cmertb.
 

ecks

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 20, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Might this be the convex mirrors that they mount on posts on the sides of roads to help see around sharp curves? I dunno, that's a wild guess. Else I'd agree it's some wide-angle convex mirror on the car.
 
Top