Cleaning A Good Gray Pattern?

Kahraizee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I want to clean HQ (how psychotic of me, I know...) but the main problem I have is finding a pattern, filter, whathaveyou to replace the grays on a page.

I've used a film grain, and some patterns from psychobob and I just sorta want to hear other people's opinions and preferences... and sources if you have any. :p
 

DrPepperPro

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
United States
http://www.newfs.to/m_yuuki/html/halftone.html

download the "halftone191.zip"
extract the folder, and double click on the "Halftone.8bf" file. That should add it to the filter list in photoshop.

To make patterns with it, make a new document at a large size, fill in with around the same gray color that you need, then use the filter and play around with the lines/inch and angle. I think the angle for most standard textures in manga is the default 45, but sometimes you might want to mess with it. So after you use the filter, you'll have a bunch of pure black dots, and then you need to resize the page down until it's about the same as what you're trying to match in the manga.
 

Kahraizee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks and thanks, for replying... I'll test those out.
 
Top